Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Which one do I get, seems like the foamaster II is newer, but has plastic pieces versus the old one is brass. I heard that the brass is better and lasts longer no breaks? Same price. I am not using a power washer, just a regular hose hooked up.

Gilmour Foamaster - #75QGF4

Gilmour Foamaster II- #95QGF4

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the old one, the brass... just watch for the same but with multiratio ... it has "MR" in the middle of the model name.

Regards...

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the old one as well and it works great. The only thing I would advise is to get the smaller tank. I got the 64oz and wish i`d gotten the smaller one because it doesn`t run out as quickly as I had presumed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I have this one:

- Gilmour Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun, #75QGFMR

For me is perfect, 1/4 Gallon, Multiratio, and brass connectors.

Regards..

Post Thanks / Like
    Although mine are all the brass version, I don`t think there`s any reason why one would be better than the other. But some people have mentioned corrosion concerns due to their water/products, and, well, plastic doesn`t corrode.

With the brass one, there are two little threaded parts that need to be Lok-tited (?sp?) so they don`t unscrew themselves and go missing...wonder if the plastic version has any such issues :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    i think im goin to get the plastic one because it has the number dials on the ratio adjustment, people actually said plastic lasts longer because it wont be corrioded. i dont know

Post Thanks / Like
    get any of the ones AG sells, and not to mention you`ll get 10% off as well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    i think im goin to get the plastic one because it has the number dials on the ratio adjustment, people actually said plastic lasts longer because it wont be corrioded. i dont know

IMO the corrosion will depend on your water. My foamguns never have any problems from the corrosion.

The dial doesn`t strike me as being as user-friendly as the sliding bar, but hey, that`s just me. In practice, I just think "need stronger mix" and shove the bar over (or the opposite), I sure don`t think about actual ratios let alone read/interpret numbers...with the sliding bar it really is as intuitively obvious as I can imagine it (bigger holes towards the right = stronger).

Hey, it`s not like you`ll really go wrong with either model.

Just give some thought to how you`ll use it so you buy the one with the right size bottle for your technique. E.g., the way I use it I need the smaller bottle or I`d be bumping the vehicle all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your such a dog. I have the old brass one and it rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    just to mention, i have a brass one as well. after i`m done using mine, i fill the container with plain water to work out any leftover soap so it doesn`t clog up (i also wipe down the brass components and blow out any remaining water). doing this has kept it in great working order...

Post Thanks / Like
    I, on the other hand, don`t dump the shampoo mix out or otherwise take proper care of it...I basically use-and-abuse mine and they still work fine. Not that I`m recommending that or anything

Post Thanks / Like
    can i use this as a regular spray nozzle also or do i put an adjustable spray nozzle on hose to just wash it down with water or whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    can i use this as a regular spray nozzle also or do i put an adjustable spray nozzle on hose to just wash it down with water or whatever.

i have a shut-off valve on the end of the hose so i can attach a fireman nozzle to use the flooding /sheeting method once i`m done washing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3

i have a shut-off valve on the end of the hose so i can attach a fireman nozzle to use the flooding /sheeting method once i`m done washing...

Great idea BigAl!

I have the #95QGFMR and have no complaints about it.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information