Post Thanks / Like
    Well for some damned reason after fully detailing my car about 2 weeks ago It has more swirl marks than it should after giving it a bath last week. I was wondering if I would get any correction using 85rd or UF SE on a grey LC pad?? Which has more bite? The swirling is very light but i think some debris might have gotten trapped in my mf`s .

Post Thanks / Like
    I think 106ff would suite you better for defect removal, I haven`t used 85RD yet, but I found that ultrafina is really just for finishing off and removing fine hazing from previous steps. Not really what you want for defect removal.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had 106ff in my arsenal I wouldnt even have bothered posting this . Looks like its another 50$ to the future shopping list. Thanks for your input

Post Thanks / Like
    UF has more bite than 85RD, for sure. UF is fairly comparable to 106 for correction power with a rotary, but if you`re using a PC, I`d recommend the 106.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    you think Ill be able to repair fine swirls with UF SE and a grey LC pad superbee? or am I better off using a white LC? thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    All this kind of depends on what kind of CC you are dealing with. For a hard CC you might have to go with the white and UF. If it is a softer CC you might be fine with the grey, especially if the swirls are very light from washing. On very soft CC`s I use the UF with a white pads and if nec. I just finish with a finishing pad. Wear a rain coat though, that stuff flings everywhere, but I love it almost as much as ONR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fergnation
    All this kind of depends on what kind of CC you are dealing with. For a hard CC you might have to go with the white and UF. If it is a softer CC you might be fine with the grey, especially if the swirls are very light from washing. On very soft CC`s I use the UF with a white pads and if nec. I just finish with a finishing pad. Wear a rain coat though, that stuff flings everywhere, but I love it almost as much as ONR!

Yeah, I still have a hard time finding the right amount to use. Luckily the sling cleans up pretty easy.

+1 to Fergnation`s advice.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks you guys, its an 02 toyota celica so the clearcoat is in the soft to medium range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I used UF I grabbed an empty (and clean) bucket and used is as a sling out catcher. I place the buffer so that the pad is inside the lip of the bucket, then I run the buffer at 3000-3400RPM for a min or so. That will get you a few more panels.
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    It is kind of funny though, as it slings on to the panel I have just done, I use the spots of UF to just go over the panel again. I figure since it is there, I might as well use it. So most of my panels get finished twice. When I get around to the last panel I just wipe that one up or I would never stop. I would jsut keep going and going around the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scary bill
    Last time I used UF I grabbed an empty (and clean) bucket and used is as a sling out catcher. I place the buffer so that the pad is inside the lip of the bucket, then I run the buffer at 3000-3400RPM for a min or so. That will get you a few more panels.

That`s a great idea.

Thread Information