it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    As my title says I`m looking for a heavier polish or compound that will still be effective with my PC. Right now all I have in my garage is Optimum Polish and a little SSR2.5 which is kinda dried out. OP is good, but I feel I need a little more for more stubborn scratches, bird dropping etching, etc. I`m just wondering what works well with the PC in the heavy cut category? Right now I`m looking at Optimum Compound. It also seems like SIP and 105 seems to be getting a lot of praise here too. From what I looked at SIP has same cut as IP? I don`t remember IP being that praised over here via PC, but I could be wrong. 105 seems to have a higher learning curve which may not be beneficial for me. Looking for something to fit my application without breaking the bank too. I barely do heavy polishing on my car or others. I will be following it with Menzerna PO85RD or Optimum Poli-Seal.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    John, if you`re going to follow a heavy compounding with PO85RD, you`re probably going to need an intermediate polish before the PO85RD. PO85RD has almost zero correction ability (even with a rotary), and it will not be capable of removing compounding marks/haze with a PC *at all*. You`ll need to do a three-step process if you`re going to do a heavy compounding. The PC is notorious for leaving *bad" compounding marks/haze when used with heavy duty compounds. It doesn`t happen always; it depends on many factors. But when it does, they are usually quite tough to get out. You`d probably need to go: Heavy compounding, SIP, then PO85RD.

Try to stay with ceramiclear rated polishes (SIP, PO106FF, PO85RD) as much as possible, as they will give you the most correction/polishing ability you can get from your PC.

I haven`t had much luck with any heavy comounds with the PC, so I`ll defer that to others that have. Rather than using a heavy compound, I`d do multiple applications of SIP, as it finishes down much better than a compound with a PC.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good luck with Menzerna IP and the LC orange 5.5" low profile pad. It`s cheaper than SIP. I`ve found with a PC, pad selection - 5.5" or 4" is really better for correcting.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superbee: As I said before I do have Optimum Polish which I`m sure would work if the PO85RD didn`t remove the marring from the previous step. I`m going to look into IP and SIP a little more extensive now.

I`m still open to other recommendations though

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just looking over Pakshak`s site since my brother is out in Hawaii for school and comes home in 2 weeks. I figure he can pick me up something to save on shipping. I know I haven`t been quite up to date on this forum or the other detailing forums as much as before, but there are quite a few newer products to me.

I`m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the following polishes, mainly used with the PC. If so which ones and how did they work? Dust? Correction? etc?

-1Z Intensive Paste

-Blackfire Scratch Resistant Compound

-Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover

-Presta Strata Ultra-Cutting Creme Light

Any information would be great. As I said in my original post I`m looking for something effective with my PC, dusting on the minimal and somewhat affordable. I always here lots of praise from Menzerna, but I want to know about other options before I stick out some dough.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1Z is working great with a DA. Medium-heavy compound, very user friendly. I love my HTEC via DA too.

Post Thanks / Like
    HTEC and megs 105 work great with 5.5" low-profile LC orange pads....

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs 105 with the 5.5inch orange pads are great. Its not that hard mate.

Or even get a 4inch cutting pad for some extreme PC cutting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems to me that the first step oughta be to get the 4" pads. Besides making the PC so much more aggressive on their own, they also work best with products that might need some help breaking down properly. I just never found the ~5.5" pads all that much more aggressive than the ~6" ones. Yeah, they`re *better*, but nothing like the 4" ones IME. With 4" you gotta actually be a little careful.

I haven`t tried my 1Z Intensiv yet, but HTEC works fine by PC/4". Guess I`d pick between the M105 and the 1Z Intensiv...well, I *did* choose between them, and *I* bought the 1Z.

One of the nice things about 1z stuff is that it`s generally OK for use even by *hand*. And there are always some tight spots where the machine just won`t fit.

Thread Information