Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So last summer i was detailing with Prima products and its a great product and local. I just wanted to try out menzerna because when i tried it on my NSX all i could say was .

If you guys go back to my details i would use almost a 2 step then a LSP in my details.

What would you guys recommend in product wise for that? 106? FIP?

im using a PC. also if you could recommend a product with what kind of pads !

Post Thanks / Like
    SIP, PO106FF, PO85RD, and FPII.

SIP on an orange LC 4" pad for correction.

PO106FF on a white LC 4" pad to elliminate any compounding marks and for a decent final shine.

PO85RD on a black LC 4" pad for a brilliant gloss

FPII on a white LC 4" pad if you end up doing a car with a softer clear coat.

I would definitely stick to the ceramiclear rated polishes (SIP, PO106FF, PO85RD) as much as possible, because they have much more correction/polishing power than non-ceramiclear polishes, and you need as much power as you can get since you are using a PC.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, SB.

What are the differences between the 85RD and the FPII? I`m on AG right now, and I can`t seem to find the FPII you`re talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    SIP, PO106FF, PO85RD, and FPII.

SIP on an orange LC 4" pad for correction.

PO106FF on a white LC 4" pad to elliminate any compounding marks and for a decent final shine.

PO85RD on a black LC 4" pad for a brilliant gloss

FPII on a white LC 4" pad if you end up doing a car with a softer clear coat.

I would definitely stick to the ceramiclear rated polishes (SIP, PO106FF, PO85RD) as much as possible, because they have much more correction/polishing power than non-ceramiclear polishes, and you need as much power as you can get since you are using a PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind. I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Hey, SB.

What are the differences between the 85RD and the FPII? I`m on AG right now, and I can`t seem to find the FPII you`re talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    how much product would u say to use? Also i remember menzerna dusting a lot... not sure which product. do these as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Really hard to comment on how much to use.. depends on the polish, pad type and size, machine type, paint condition... just too many variables.

Most Menz polishes dust to a certain degree, but I use them anyway. They`re that good.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    S.B.

Do you honestly think they`re that much better than most other polishes? The reason I ask is this: When I ordered my first batch of polishes, I guess I didn`t research enough, so I ended up buying all of the Sonus polishes. I can say, I wasn`t very impressed with their correcting power. So I came back to the board, and read a little more. I now have every Menzerna polish known to man in my arsenal, but I haven`t used them yet. Granted, I`m still on the PC (And will be for the next 3-4 months, until I step up to the rotary).

Really hard to comment on how much to use.. depends on the polish, pad type and size, machine type, paint condition... just too many variables.

Most Menz polishes dust to a certain degree, but I use them anyway. They`re that good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yoojeankim
    So last summer i was detailing with Prima products and its a great product and local. I just wanted to try out menzerna because when i tried it on my NSX all i could say was .

If you guys go back to my details i would use almost a 2 step then a LSP in my details.

What would you guys recommend in product wise for that? 106? FIP?

im using a PC. also if you could recommend a product with what kind of pads !

SIP and 106 definately but get some 85RD Finishing polish as well

It will finish down wetter, deeper and richer on dark cars

Don`t stop using the Prima products, I have shelves full of them because the Cut & Swirl do actually kick menzerna`s butt on some cars

Swirl can raise the colour shade finely so if you want a candy apple finish from your standard red, give swirl a go

I have noticed superior defect removal from Prima Swirl compared side by side with SIP and PO91L Intensive

Yes I do feel that Menzerna is better than all except Prima, those two are neck and neck in terms of defect removal.

I reckon a great process is to go Prima Swirl (or cut if it doesn`t do the job) then SIP or 106 and then 85RD

Finish off and prepare surface for waxing/sealing with prima amigo for a killer shine
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the input,

just a kick... have you guys tried the new ultima products? i left the detailing forums once winter kicked on because i was busy but thats when ultima hit the shelves

Post Thanks / Like
    S.B.

Do you honestly think they`re that much better than most other polishes? The reason I ask is this: When I ordered my first batch of polishes, I guess I didn`t research enough, so I ended up buying all of the Sonus polishes. I can say, I wasn`t very impressed with their correcting power. So I came back to the board, and read a little more. I now have every Menzerna polish known to man in my arsenal, but I haven`t used them yet. Granted, I`m still on the PC (And will be for the next 3-4 months, until I step up to the rotary).

Yeah, I really do. I`ve tried more polishes than I`d care to admit, and other than Ultrafina, I keep going back to the Menzerna line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right on. Thanks, SB. Now, if I could just wake up and have a new 9227 under my pillow, I`d be all set.

Yeah, I really do. I`ve tried more polishes than I`d care to admit, and other than Ultrafina, I keep going back to the Menzerna line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right on. Thanks, SB. Now, if I could just wake up and have a new 9227 under my pillow, I`d be all set.

Right on... that`s a very nice machine. :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I love SIP and 106FF!

Here are some pics of my Lotus using 106FF with a white 5" low profile pad on a PC:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...s-exige-s.html

Mine will be here tomorrow! :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    You`d better be putting that under my pillow, Rotary `````!

:spot

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    I love SIP and 106FF!

Here are some pics of my Lotus using 106FF with a white 5" low profile pad on a PC:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...s-exige-s.html

Mine will be here tomorrow! :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    You`d better be putting that under my pillow, Rotary `````!

:spot

:chuckle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information