Thread: Vintage Review

Post Thanks / Like
    I debated if I should even post a review of this, seeing as it seems to be a touchy subject but I figured I would want to read it if I were looking for reviews of Vintage so here goes

I was fortunate to get a sample of Vintage from someone so that I could try it out. I wanted to make sure the finish was in the best condition I could before application so..

I used Optimum Polish to go over the entire car. The finish is in great shape, but after a year and some change of washing there were a few minor swirls here and there. I used it on my Mustang which is basically just a show car/garage queen that only gets driven on good days on the weekends.

After the OP I used RMG which I LOVE and then it was ready for the Vintage.

I must say working with the Vintage is kind of nice as far as applying with your hands. It goes on easily and wipes off easily (I made sure to get a lot of info on application before hand and knew to buff off fairly quickly).

I`ll say that I think you probably do waste quite a bit by using the hand method but I wanted to follow procedure and it was kind of cool doing it... but for the expense I think I would have used an applicator

So the slickness is REALLY great. It kind of feels similar to a Zaino slickness which I love.

The look is very nice as well. But as I`ve always thought (and still do) there wasn`t a huge difference in the look of the finish after and LSP... the biggest difference is in the polishing stage and prep. Anyway this held true with the Vintage in my eyes.

The OP and the RMG looked pretty darn dazzling on their own. The Vintage just added the extra layer of gloss and depth.

I would say the look is very nice, but for the pricetag I personally will stick with PS or Vanilla Moose. I also got some P21S 100% that I`m going to try out as well after reading a review here.

The durability seems to be very good as well, but as I said this is a garage queen so it`s not really been put to that particular test.

I was really happy to be able to try this wax out. I always wanted to see with my own eyes what one of the pricey estate glazes would look like and now I don`t have to wonder anymore.

I hope some of you guys find this useful. I can post pictures if you`d like, but I`m at work and don`t have them here... besides I really don`t think it would make a difference here or there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

I agree with you about the prep work being key. If I had to put a percentage on it, I would say that the final appearance of the paint is close to 90% as a result of the prep work, with the LSP adding the final 10%.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good write up! Thanks! I think that this is 1 of those things you dont need but if you use it for a long enouph period of time then it is going to pay off. For instance, i would buy it because of the free refills and being able to say "your car has this fancy shmancy wax on it". I am 15 years old and hopefully by the end of my life time i would have used it so many time it would be down to the price of megs next (or something cheap, money wise).

,daniel
    Daniel J Wendell

Thread Information