Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    steamfast 275 pdf. manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonP
    $77.99, not too bad a price, post back in 90 days to see if it is still working and what part broke.

Sure, LoL. I`ll try not to abuse it too much (no promises). If it does break though, it`s only going to be my excuse to get a real steamer. :p

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Denzil, how do you do it? Man, you *always* find the best deals! I can`t find that steamer anywhere else on ebay for less than 99 bucks. You are *the* bargain hunter!

LoL, thanks dude. If you ever need to find something cheap online, I`m your man! :p

Well, I finallly caved in. Got this one. Steam Fast SF-276 Professional Steam Cleaner New - eBay (item 160235171520 end time May-05-08 11:40:49 PDT)

129 bucks shipped, and it includes clothes attachments. Don`t ask why I had to buy the model with the clothes attachments...

Clothes attachments huh? Better get to doing some cleaning around the house. If you ever need a quick iron of your clothes, you`re set!

Quote Originally Posted by LangMan37
    just remember, distilled water should be used

Thanks for the tip! :2thumbs:
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got my replacement parts this earlier this week (haven`t had a chance to use it).

The interesting thing I noticed is that the steam jet tip has been re-designed. The new replacement one I received feels like its made out of a different plastic material and it has some re-enforcements where my original tip broke. I will take a picture of the new replacement tips this weekend and post them.

chris
    `00 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (BRP)

`02 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon (SSM)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cshorey
    So I got my replacement parts this earlier this week (haven`t had a chance to use it).

The interesting thing I noticed is that the steam jet tip has been re-designed. The new replacement one I received feels like its made out of a different plastic material and it has some re-enforcements where my original tip broke. I will take a picture of the new replacement tips this weekend and post them.

chris

Glad to hear they made some improvements to the piece that broke. Anxiously awaiting the pics.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I will do a side by side to you can see the differences between the two parts.

I paid $4 bucks for a extra one, as I was nervous about breaking it again. They were kind enough to include it with the replacement parts so I didn`t even have to pay shipping. Actually they mailed it all before they even got payment from me, which was a nice surprise (thou it was only $4).

chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Inexpensive replacement parts.. good to hear. Now if I can just get up the courage to actually learn how to use the thing. I`m having visions of ruined leather and melted plastic.:nervous2:
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    ... I`m having visions of ruined leather and melted plastic.:nervous2:

Hmm..steamer damage....I`ve melted some carpeting in the MPV when I got too aggressive (that one really surprised me) and I also melted the plastic hood-prop-rod retaining clip on one vehicle (that one didn`t surprise me as much). I don`t think I`ve damaged anything else...no leather (but then I`m kinda careful using it on that).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    Sure, LoL. I`ll try not to abuse it too much (no promises). If it does break though, it`s only going to be my excuse to get a real steamer. :p

LoL, thanks dude. If you ever need to find something cheap online, I`m your man! :p

Clothes attachments huh? Better get to doing some cleaning around the house. If you ever need a quick iron of your clothes, you`re set!

Thanks for the tip! :2thumbs:

She made me promise to stop taking my work uniform shirts to the dry cleaners. I love the way professionally starched and pressed shirts look and feel. Now I`m gonna have to steam my shirts at home. I also had to commit to cleaning the windows, tile, grout, and wood floor. Woman drives a *hard* bargain. Ah well, but at least I got my steamer.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s still undergoing Budgetary Review, but I think I`m wearing her down.
    Keep dreamin sunshine, they can take away our money but not our dreams!

LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    As promised, here is a image of the jet nozzle. You can see on the left where my first one broke (the crack. I stacked the broken parts on top of each other for this photo). The replacement is on the right and you can see the nice little re-enforcement fins in the exact area mine broke.

chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they did a good job of reinforcing that tip. Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steamer just got here today.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome! I still haven`t had a chance to detail with it being we`ve had torrential rain and the client I was gonna test it on keeps rescheduling but for sure saturday will have enough use for a review. although I`m kinda jealous you got a clothes steamer attachment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steamer just got here today.

cool, take some pics of the things you melt with it. :lol
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonP
    cool, take some pics of the things you melt with it. :lol

LOL, will do.

I think the garbage cans are gonna be melted/cleaned first.

First impressions... I`m surprised at how well this thing is made. I was expecting really cheap construction since it`s such an inexpensive unit. The accessories do feel a bit cheap, but the hoses and the actual unit itself feel top notch. Not bad at all for 119 bucks.

I`m off to melt something...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information