Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The more I use it, the more I love it! Not just the slickness but the way it makes paint glow. I used it on a red Lexus SC430. I waxed it with Carnauba Moose in March 2007 and topped with Opti-Seal in late April 2007, so it had been nearly a year since it was last touched other than a few ONR washes (the car is not driven in the rain-maybe driven 1 hour or so per week total, garaged the rest of the time) so no suprise it still was beading nicely and had decent slickness. Still, I felt I had to do something so I used OID on it after an ONR wash.

Only available sun was reflected off the house glass...

Anyway, as good as it looked in that day, this past Friday when I was out at their house cleaning their Escalade, she pulls up in the SC to run inside and grab something before heading out again. Sitting in the full sun, I was blown away by how wet and glossy the paint was. I was going to take a few pics, but she had left her 11-year-old daughter in the car and I wasn`t sure me taking pics and posting them on the internet with her daughter clearly visible would go over too well... :nervous2:
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    that does look very wet!!!

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed, it`s top shelf stuff! I have found that it works better sprayed directly on the vehicle and then worked in where as the OCW does better off the applicator. Is that just me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    agreed, it`s top shelf stuff! I have found that it works better sprayed directly on the vehicle and then worked in where as the OCW does better off the applicator. Is that just me?

I`ve had relatively good success both ways. I prefer spraying it directly on the paint too though. It`s a tad more difficult to work with than UQD or really any QD I`ve used, but the results are spectacular. I love the anti-static properties.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I reported in a earlier thread, OID gets 5 stars. Wow Scottwax nice. This product is absolutely awesome!!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both 425 and opt and i have to agree opt is very slick
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That is NICCEEE Scott. I also love the glow that OID gives.

Post Thanks / Like
    OID, or should I say the Optimum brand will probably be my next brand of choice. I really like ONR, and OS, and I read a lot good reviews on their QD. Nice pix BTW scott!
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott btw, did you use OID full strength or was it diluted with some water?
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy it as well, although it is a bit tougher to work with. I consider myself pretty good at detailing, and I still get a few streaks. I may add a little more distilled water to the already diluted container. The value was excellent as well, making a full gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been keeping true to my Optimum and Clearkote regiment. However not with quick detailers.

I`ve been using Poor Boys quick detailer with another splash of Opti-Seal last season. This year it will be over to David`s brand :-)

i`ll definitely be picking this up. Thanks Scott.

Post Thanks / Like
    I couldnt agree with the OP more. I have used FK425 since I discovered it, but OID works much better for me. What I have noticed is that it doesnt require me to be as thoroughwith the mocrofiber wiping as 425 did. Spray, one good wipe and it leaves a great gloss without going back over the panel to make sure I got it all throughly. It seems to dry much more consistantly and I have had no streakiness with it whatsoever. big thumbs up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t decided which one works best. Testing OID and Danase Turbo Detailer. Sometimes the OID gets a little finicky while the Danase hardly ever streaks. Both seem to give the same slickness and gloss. The OID is a nice bargain at $19.99 that makes a gallon.

Waiting on the FK425 for yet another QD test. Can`t seem to leave well enough alone with QD`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    Scott btw, did you use OID full strength or was it diluted with some water?

I diluted the quart 3:1 with distilled water to make a full gallon of QD. Never tried it at full strength.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I say don`t under-estimate how much of that cars wet look is from the Opti-Seal! :2thumbs:

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information