Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using OID; got a 32oz concentrate to give a whirl. I`ve only used it on a few cars, but so far so good. Definitely a cost effective qd that performs well. I like 425 better too (so far), but for me it`s harder to get.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeysdad
    c`mon, you must have more than one....opinion! LOL

I was more wondering about ONR vs. OID - I mean have you ever wondered - ONR is pretty awesome at 8oz/gal - would it be nearly equal to OID at 16oz/gal???

(Just thinking out loud)

They have different chemistry, so if you are thinking that OID is simply ONR at QD strength with some added fragrance, you would be wrong.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Prime/AJT/Quickshine

I read where it looks like the OptiSeal can be used over AJT. Maybe I`ll swith to that and the Optimum Instant Detailer.

Hard to beat Quickshine for me. Great for a spruce up before the car shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried OID. I like it.

I find DG`s FCS to have more cleaning power.

Post Thanks / Like
    DG FC&S 921 or the marine version 521 definitely has more cleaners than either Quikshine or 425. I tend to use them when wiping down wheels or stubborn bird bombs. 425 or OID is perfect for after washing gloss and slickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I`m pretty happy with 425`s cleaning ability. It removes bugs quite easily. I never use it on `dirt`, but it`s more than just a beauty product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD
    Actually, I`m pretty happy with 425`s cleaning ability. It removes bugs quite easily. I never use it on `dirt`, but it`s more than just a beauty product.
    +1 on that. Tried so many QD`s and like 425 the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 32 oz. bottle of OID arrived today. After trying it out I think it`ll be my only detailer when the others run out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    They have different chemistry, so if you are thinking that OID is simply ONR at QD strength with some added fragrance, you would be wrong.
    Perhaps, but as we know ONR at QD strength is 6oz/gal and I was wondering about 16oz/gal....but no matter - I`m sold on ONR, but I`m also having a DG period so I`m gonna keep washing my DG TPP 105 with ONR and topping with DG AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    At last, I can join the OID community!

I tried it immediately as it arrived. I used it on my Camry in the full sun. The OID was steaming as I sprayed onto the surface... but the OID played mostly very well. It looks great, slick and smells excellent. On my hood I noticed streaking (over Vic Cruising & Vic QD), but the hood is so much more permeable and weathered, so this was expected - especially with these conditions. This particular panel needs a complete cleaning with APC. Seems to be a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    At last, I can join the OID community!

I tried it immediately as it arrived. I used it on my Camry in the full sun. The OID was steaming as I sprayed onto the surface... but the OID played mostly very well. It looks great, slick and smells excellent. On my hood I noticed streaking (over Vic Cruising & Vic QD), but the hood is so much more permeable and weathered, so this was expected - especially with these conditions. This particular panel needs a complete cleaning with APC. Seems to be a great product.

Since you and I both seem to be quite enamored with products from both FK1 and Optimum, I have to ask the inevitable question: how does OID compare to FK 425?

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, dunno yet, I`m playing with the dilution ratios.

I think 425 has more immediacy, but OID looks excellent no question. Will test the AS effect on OID, and of course, I`ll test it on different types of LSPs.

I`m babying my last 4 oz of 425 until my gallon arrives...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Since you and I both seem to be quite enamored with products from both FK1 and Optimum, I have to ask the inevitable question: how does OID compare to FK 425?
    Still haven`t pulled the trigger on OID I see. Rob you know how I feel about OID vrs 425. I just mixed 1 24oz. bottle of OID (QD strength) forgot how many ozs. of OID, but the bottle is over 3/4 full. PM me and I will send you the whole bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Still haven`t pulled the trigger on OID I see. Rob you know how I feel about OID vrs 425. I just mixed 1 24oz. bottle of OID (QD strength) forgot how many ozs. of OID, but the bottle is over 3/4 full. PM me and I will send you the whole bottle.

PM sent!

:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    PM sent!

:woot2:

Hehe, I`m sure you`ll like it Rob. :dance
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information