Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Not sure why this is so hard...

Oh no! It`s the pilots against the engineers! This will never end!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! And *someday* an engineeer will actually *fly* an airplane.. then they`ll go, "Oh. Now I see what you mean..."
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean engineers like Scott Crossfield, Neil Armstrong or Jimmy Doolittle? They flew the planes first, to refine them so ordinary pilots could fly them.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    You mean engineers like Scott Crossfield, Neil Armstrong or Jimmy Doolittle? They flew the planes first, to refine them so ordinary pilots could fly them.

PC.

Exactly! So they could get the pilot`s/engineer`s to communicate in ways they could mutually understand.

This thread is a *perfect* example of classic pilot/engineer communication: The engineer takes a very simple concept the pilot is trying to make clear, and the engineer takes it and draws hugely complicated analytical charts, 100`s of pages of anaylysis, then comes up with a completely wrong answer, hence my classic Pilot-to-engineer statement, heard millions of times at JPL and Boeing ( my uncle worked at both as a physicist) "Not sure why this is so hard..."
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Any word on how well this system works?
    2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Jet Black

Sports Pkg

Lemon Boston Leather Interior

High Black Gloss Trim

Comfort Access System

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t gotten the cartridges yet.... the "Honey-Do" list has taken preferance to detailing this week. `Sides, the shorter the honey-do list is, the happier the wife is = the more money I can spend on detaling products. Doesn`t take a real smart engineer to solve that equation.

The cartridges will be here next week. I`ll post pics and info (in a way sure to make even the most griseled engineer proud) as soon as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, thanks.. I really appreciate it. I heard of a possible group buy on the CR spotless system, but don`t expect it to be much cheaper than costco prices. Even at the costco price, it is still pretty expensive. Can`t wait for your report
    2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Jet Black

Sports Pkg

High Black Gloss Trim

Comfort Access System

Post Thanks / Like
    The cartridges came today. Full writeup/pics soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edited/udated first post with initial information and pic of the cartridge. Test results tomorrow if the rain breaks. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my fingers crossed that the rain breaks
    2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Jet Black

Sports Pkg

High Black Gloss Trim

Comfort Access System

Post Thanks / Like
    Post one is updated with a review and pictures!! It works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364

There are also some other ways to put together your own CRSpotless wannabe system that look to be even better than my arrangement. When I get more time, I`ll post the parts, links, and prices to put it together. It`ll flow 3 gpm, and have 1900 grains of capacity for a bit more money than my arrangement, but still substantially cheaper than CRSpotless`s bottom end offering. 3 GPM is more than enough for the vast majority of PW`s to run at full tilt. My John Deere unit says 2.4 gpm minimum input, and it`s a big PW.

Thanks for the update, I`d love to here more about your idea that you`re talking about here^.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bee-thanks for the update and all the pics. It does seem a do-it-yourself system may also work for others depending on their water quality. I`m off to determine my hardness/TDS and see if this might be a solution for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did some of my own searching and this looks familiar...

20" slim line filter housing

Only 30 bucks each too.

Edit:

Those seem to be smaller than the CR spotless ones, however here`s the same one I believe: But this is 75 Dollars Each

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/im...0233-20-bb.jpg

Pentek Ă‚® 150233 Big Blue 20 Inch Water Filter Housing

However they have volume discount prices:

Buy 2 or more and save $10.00 on each item.

Buy 4 or more and save $17.50 on each item.

They also have mounting brackets for $25 Dollars. I think we can make an identical CR spotless system for less than half the retail price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are just the housings. The DI cartridges are $50 each for the SlimLine and $120 each for the Big Blue. Then add $40 for the inline TDS meter and a few bucks for miscellaneous fittings.

PC.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information