Post Thanks / Like
    I really haven`t been very happy with dedicated interior car cleaners. Most of them leave some sort of unwanted residue, and I *really* hate the ones that leave that shiny crap behind. I *hate* shiny interiors.

So lately I`ve been using ONR diluted to regular car wash strength. It certainly doesn`t have the umph of an APC, but it does seem comparable to Woolite. I`m loving this stuff. The results have been great! I`m still using the old ONR that doesn`t have any scent added to it, and that`s been another big benefit; the car doesn`t smell like anything at all after I`ve used the ONR inside. No detergent perfume left over at all.

So since Optimum doesn`t really market this stuff as an interior cleaner, I gotta ask... am I hurting anything by doing this? I can`t imagine that ONR could hurt anything, but I`m paranoid about using it "off label".

ONR really is a good general purpose interior cleaner. It leaves zero residue behind, even on carbon fiber, chromed plastic, glass nav plates.... it just works. It`s worthless for heavy stains/soil, but that`s to be expected, really.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use ONR for light duty interior work... I would compare it to megs interior detail spray... no shine....

Post Thanks / Like
    Never actually thought about doing that Supe, LoL...
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    When I wipe my door jambs.. some of the ONR would get on my leather seats. I would get my WW MF and dry my seat, and BAM... the ONR cleaned the dust off my seats. I really like ONR, and the QD version too!
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it depends on the dilution. I only use it for my wheels and as a clay lube. Just might have to try it as a interior cleaner. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Scottwax said in the past that he uses ONR to wipe-down some interiors. I could be wrong.

I don`t see any problems with it for a "wipe-down". If you want a good APC, pick up the new Optimum Power Clean. Dilute it 3:1 for the interior and you`re good to go. I`ve been using it a lot over the last couple weeks since I bought my first gallon. Used a full strength, it`s hands down the best tire cleaner I`ve ever used. I just got another case of 4 gallons in the mail so that tells you how much I like it.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee364- I too want my interiors to be residue/etc.-free after I clean `em, that`s one reason why I usually use Griot`s Interior Cleaner.

Hmm...the way ONR *seems* to make my wheels more difficult to subsequently clean (using conventional methods), I woulda worried about it leaving some kind of residue :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    I believe Scottwax said in the past that he uses ONR to wipe-down some interiors. I could be wrong.

I don`t see any problems with it for a "wipe-down". If you want a good APC, pick up the new Optimum Power Clean. Dilute it 3:1 for the interior and you`re good to go. I`ve been using it a lot over the last couple weeks since I bought my first gallon. Used a full strength, it`s hands down the best tire cleaner I`ve ever used. I just got another case of 4 gallons in the mail so that tells you how much I like it.

Added to my ever-growing shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    SuperBee364- I too want my interiors to be residue/etc.-free after I clean `em, that`s one reason why I usually use Griot`s Interior Cleaner.

Hmm...the way ONR *seems* to make my wheels more difficult to subsequently clean (using conventional methods), I woulda worried about it leaving some kind of residue :think:

Also added to the above mentioned list.

I mix up ONR with distilled water, and at regular car wash strength, I haven`t seen it leave any residue as long as I follow any remaining damp places with a dry microfiber. The dry MF seems to do a great job of completely mopping up after the ONR. The carbon fiber and nav glass (as well as the surrounding bezel) are *great* at showing any residue.

You really have me wondering about the wheels, Accumulator. I started using ONR on the new car`s wheels, as I wasn`t ever able to get them acceptably clean going touchless. It does seem like they have been a real PITA to clean, and the ONR *does* seem like it`s made it harder. No idea why...

But, a couple of layers of UPGP has restored the ease of cleaning. UPGP just continues to impress.

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee364- It`s a little reassuring to hear that you`re having the same thing happen after ONRing the wheels. It`s got me but I`m glad to hear you aren`t having similar effects when using it on the interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used ONR on glass, but never purposely on the interior. The way ONR leaves your car with that just waxed/QD`d look, I would suspect it actually leaves more behind than you think. But I doubt what it leaves behind would do much damage, considering exterior plastics can be washed with ONR? That`s just my guess.

For simple wipedowns, a slightly damp microfiber seems to do the trick for me. If it`s a stubborn, baked on stain then that might require a little APC@10:1 or steam, but for the most part all that`s needed is a damp mf. It doesn`t get any more "natural" than that. No need to waste chemicals on just a slightly dusty interior.

Thread Information