Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd: I very much enjoyed this write-up. I thought it was fair, balanced, and well executed. Your results speak loud and clear to me in the two main areas I look for when utilizing protection: beading and appearance. While I haven`t tried UPGP, my results with Zaino have yet to be questioned by my clients nor my own critical eye.

Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini13
    So you think the lack of pictures to complement his write up and findings is OK?

Yes. Feel free to provide your own pictures if you wish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wfedwar
    Yes. Feel free to provide your own pictures if you wish.

It wasn`t my comparison and like I said for all I know half the hood had nothing on it and the other freshly applied "whatever". My point is this, the intent of his comparison was to determine what product was superior based upon beading over a 15 week period and posting pictures at the time intervals he used in his write up would`ve helped with visual evidence to support his findings. Cute and entertaining write up aside there were three pictures at the end of it saying these were taken in week 15 and the Zaino side beads and the Ultima side doesn`t "thank you and have a nice day". For some this might be enough and for others it might not. Thats the wonderful thing about the society we live in, we are allowed to question things. Some may take what they see and read as gospel and choose to nod there heads and keep going and others might say "hey wait a second" I`m the latter. Its obvious he took the time to examine the beading characteristics at the times he mentioned as he included it in his write up and all I wanted to know is if he had taken pictures to support his findings at those times nothing more nothing less.

I ask you this if I had created a similar thread and posted similar findings do you not think people would question me?

In the end I thank the OP (Todd I take it based on others postings) for his time and efforts and continued success with his company. He does do fine work and provides plenty of quality info on this site and others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied 4 layers of UPGP on the tops surfaces and 3 layers on the sides back in late October. I have had big jagged quarter + sized beads for at least 1.5 months now on the tops. Now the sides are barely beading.

How is this apples to oranges? Who cares how it is applied. Wipe on walk away, wipe on let dry then buff off. Applied by hand ow w/ PC. With your left hand or right hand. Eyes open or with eyes closed.

I say SO WHAT. They are both meant to be a long lasting durable sealant. Either it is or its not.

And about everyone`s standard UPGP comment about its so easy that I add another layer every month or so is because you have to. Hell, I can use something like Megs cleaner wax every month and stay protected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good points DJ! I`ve never tried UPGP - a little too pricey but I have tried the Z. My biggest gripe about Zaino is the finicky nature of it, if the surface ain`t 100% bare paint, you`ll have bonding issues. Todd noted that after using 106 - I noticed the same thing after 106 - got 3 weeks duribility. All this goes back to proper prep, and if I can go from polishing to LSP and not have to do a prep-sol wipe down then that`s the system for me, time is money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Very entertaining. I don`t think this was really an apples-to-apples comparison, the Zaino product analagous to Ultima would be Clear Seal (which IMO wouldn`t have lasted as long as ZFX`d Z2-Pro). Obvoiusly, that doesn`t invalidate the Z2 being the winner in either case.

Funny you bought this up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Bet a Werstatt Acrylic Jett/Z2 Pro comparison would be a lot closer....
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Yeah, that would be an interesting contest..

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I loved this write up. Entertaining, and even though PGP and Z2/5 are different category of products, I agree they are the "flagship" products and the ones that some of us are really interested in comparing! Other comparisons will be eagerly read, too.

I`ve had Z2P "fail" quickly when I applied it `bare,` without using ZAIO or ZFX along with it. But even the `failure` meant it lasted about 2 months.

I like and use both Ultima PGP and Zaino. Well-written review, and the photos of week 15 show an astonishing divergence of performance. What a great contribution to the board.

Bring on follow up reviews--it`s all great. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to do these comparisons.

Post Thanks / Like

In terms of looks, protection, or durability?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    In terms of looks, protection, or durability?

All three. Personally, I like the warmer look of AJ and on the same van (my brother`s work van), 3 ZFX`ed layers of Z2 Pro (over AIO/Z6) lasted about the same length of time as Prime and a single layer of AJ. No QDs, no ONR and the van is tunnel washed 2-3 times a month. Both held on to around the 8 month mark.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    All three. Personally, I like the warmer look of AJ and on the same van (my brother`s work van), 3 ZFX`ed layers of Z2 Pro (over AIO/Z6) lasted about the same length of time as Prime and a single layer of AJ. No QDs, no ONR and the van is tunnel washed 2-3 times a month. Both held on to around the 8 month mark.

Scott, see this thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...th-review.html

and tell me if you are seeing this kind of durability with Opti-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Scott, see this thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...th-review.html

and tell me if you are seeing this kind of durability with Opti-Seal.

Yeah, OS holds up really well. Can`t beat the ease of use. Of all three WOWO products, OS has been the most goof proof for me.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a customer`s white GMC Envoy that I applied 2 layers of ZCS and then 3 layers if AJT last July and it is still beading nicely and feels slick. AJT may not be the slickest or have the tightest beading but what it does remains very consistent. I also noticed that the JW Prime(strong) & AJT seems to last a very long time on the windows. Must be something about glass and acrylic sealants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Todd for the entertaining read.

But I must say, that I am surprised by some of the reactions here. This test was UPGP vs zfx`d Z2Pro, that`s it.

Would there have been another outcome if he would have done this differently ? Of course.

But he didn`t. This was the outcome from this test.

Just my thought. Great work Todd, as always.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information