Post Thanks / Like
    Well its that time of year.... I have a few friends who want me to detail their car for the spring. I have some free time next week so I figured why not get it out of the way next week. So I have a pretty decent collection of products, but I am missing a few things I want to add to the shoping list. I just want to get some opinions.

1. 2004 LS1 GTO - Its black so it will be getting Zaino`d. My friend "takes care" of his car as far as washing it every couple of days, but its through the local machine car wash. The swirls are not very deep but they are very plentiful. ZPC is not going to cut it, no pun intended. I will be using a rotory and I have all the pads from super agressive to final polish.

What type of correction creme do you guys recommend. I have 4 Star LLC and SMR but I don`t know if thats going to do it. Megs 83, 84 maybe????

Also, his stock wheels are caked in an unbelievable amount of brake dust. I am not sure if they are coated, but i do know they are aluminum. What product really removes brake dust quick.

2. 2005 Grand AM GT1 - The aftermarket rims are white. Should I just wash and wax or use some sort of "wheel sealer?"

3. 1989 Corvette - Chrome rims.... I waxed them with Collonite 845 early last year and by the end of the year they were rusty and I had no choice but to resort to the steel whool. What can I protect these wheels with.

Think thats about it,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    all GM products.. Hard paint..

edit: and i dont think you can protect the rims for years on end.. thats just regular maintenance that your clients have to do themselves or pay you to do it.. the best that you could do is try and seal the rims with a paint sealer like Klasse AIO.. that gives you 2-3 months max. I think. I could be completely wrong. But thats just my take on it.
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, by the end of the year I mean the end of summer. The wax just doesn`t seem to hold up on chrome for some reason. IDK why.

Anyone want to comment on what works best to clean Stock GTO rims? And removes swirls from rock hard GM paint? Is it even GM paint or is it Australian Paint? IDK

DG

Thread Information