Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else use it? It is a great tire dressing. Not a very high gloss but just enough gloss. Easy to use. No sling! FROM OPTIMUM :

"Optimum Tire Shine is a water-based, solvent-free, and VOC free formula that provides great shine to tires and vinyl surfaces. While Optimum Tire Shine can be easily sprayed, it has great cling to keep it on the tires. When applied properly, it provides great gloss for tires that lasts a few weeks with no slinging issues.

Tire manufacturers recommend against solvent-based tire dressings since solvents can penetrate the tire and leach out and remove its protective UV and ozone components. This will cause yellowing and premature cracking and failure of tires according to the tire manufacturers. Optimum Tire Shine has no chemical solvents and therefore will not cause damage to the tires. Furthermore, Optimum Tire Shine contains the same UV and Ozone protectants that are used in the manufacturing of tires for additional protection against the elements."
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear, I ordered some the other day from Autogeek - Can`t wait to try it out

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it`s very good. That`s what I was using b4 Optibond and I still use it on certain brands of tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is a nice product, but I like FK1 Top Kote better. Still have to try my Werkstatt Satin Prot. Really, they are all pretty similar, I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Styrnol
    Yes, it is a nice product, but I like FK1 Top Kote better. Still have to try my Werkstatt Satin Prot. Really, they are all pretty similar, I believe.

Fk 108 is my favorite by far.

Satin Prot is also extremely good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like it. I have not had any good luck with the Optimum Tire Dressings. The first version didn`t impress me at all. It was very matte and lasted through one wash or rain storm.

The new version had a touch more gloss but still heasn`t impressed me. I guess I just prefer a mroe glossy dressing. To date, I have yet to be able to beat Megs ASD for looks or price.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it, but unless it was reformulated in the last year and a half, I don`t feel it is worth the steep price increase, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you that prefer a more shiney dressing on the tires. Would this be a good product for trim?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    For those of you that prefer a more shiney dressing on the tires. Would this be a good product for trim?

I like a solvent based trim dressing like Hitemp Bumper & Molding Renew. You only need to apply it every couple of months. If you like shiney, don`t do the Optimum unless you get Optibond instead of the OTS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woops - Thanks for the clarification.

I have Black WOW coming for the trim which needs a lot of attention, and I jut looked at my order and I actually ordered Opti-Bond instead of OTS - My mistake I confused the two

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Woops - Thanks for the clarification.

I have Black WOW coming for the trim which needs a lot of attention, and I jut looked at my order and I actually ordered Opti-Bond instead of OTS - My mistake I confused the two

On the Optibond, trust me on this, dilute it even if you use an applicator instead of a gun. I put it on straight and it attracted dust like mad. It needs to be thinned before use. I really appreciate that Optimum did the consentrate thing though, cause most of the stuff we buy and pay shipping on is water!:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my Opti-Bond in today. I couldn`t help but give it a try before I spend all day detailing my car tomorrow.

I took an old Z16 bottle I had laying around and filled it half way with the OptiBond, then filled the container with water. I used a sprayer I had laying around, misted the tires and wiped down with a dedicated microfiber.

Come back to the tires an hour later and they look great! I can honestly say it doesn`t look like any other tire dressing I have used. I took my finger and rubbed it against the surface no silicone/greasy feel...just feels like a clean perfect black tire so I am assuming there will be no sling - after rubbing my finger against the tire, my finger is perfectly clean - no black or residue.

I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon once I detail my car. I`d be ashamed of how dirty my car is. Before I do my car tomorrow I`ll do half of a tire to show you guys the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you started a thread rating ANY of their products at less than 5 stars yet? Quite frankly, that starts losing credibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ
    Have you started a thread rating ANY of their products at less than 5 stars yet? Quite frankly, that starts losing credibility.

How is he losing credibility with a positive post about a product he likes?

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ron, I was just reporting that post as rude and negative. I got a warning the other day for replying to a poster like that, so I`m just turning it over to the moderators from now on. I really don`t know why people want to be so rude to others over their prefference of products, it`s very immature and silly. I mean, if you don`t like Optimum, then don`t read the threads about it. And, if you don`t think a poster is credible, then don`t take his/her advice. There is never a reason to be so offensive to a stranger, especially a fellow detailer. JMHO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information