Post Thanks / Like
    I washed and clayed my car the week before last, and planned on topping it with Wolfgang DGPS/SSII combo.

I began to apply the DGPS by hand, and it was a MAJOR PITA to apply. The product was so liquidy and runny that it just leaked straight through the application pad. I had more of it on my hands from leaking through the pad than I had on my car.

The product was just really thin and ran all over the place - even after shook the hell out of it. It was hard to even tell how much product I was actually able to apply to the car (looked to be very, very little).

The difficulty of trying to apply this product was so frusterating! I only did the trunk before getting fed up and grabbed the EX-P instead. On top of that, I didn`t even get to try out my SSII, which I had been wanting to use in combination with the DGPS for a while now. So now I`m turning to my fellow Autopians for further discussion of this product

Anyone have any similar experiences with this product? Or any different experiences for that matter?

Are there any kind of `tricks` to applying this? :nixweiss

I had such a hard time with this product that I was at a loss for words after. I really felt like I wasted my money after trying to apply this stuff.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PWORLDSTANG
    I washed and clayed my car the week before last, and planned on topping it with Wolfgang DGPS/SSII combo.

I began to apply the DGPS by hand, and it was a MAJOR PITA to apply. The product was so liquidy and runny that it just leaked straight through the application pad. I had more of it on my hands from leaking through the pad than I had on my car.

The product was just really thin and ran all over the place - even after shook the hell out of it. It was hard to even tell how much product I was actually able to apply to the car (looked to be very, very little).

The difficulty of trying to apply this product was so frusterating! I only did the trunk before getting fed up and grabbed the EX-P instead. On top of that, I didn`t even get to try out my SSII, which I had been wanting to use in combination with the DGPS for a while now. So now I`m turning to my fellow Autopians for further discussion of this product

Anyone have any similar experiences with this product? Or any different experiences for that matter?

Are there any kind of `tricks` to applying this? :nixweiss

I had such a hard time with this product that I was at a loss for words after. I really felt like I wasted my money after trying to apply this stuff.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mine is not that thin , it is more like most sealants. Klasse Sealant is about the thinnest I have seen and using the AG method with a spray bottle works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is not thin enough to run down your applicator pad. It is one of the easiest sealants to apply and remove. It`s very easy to apply thin. I like how it looks. It`s not very reflective (plasticky - is this a word?) but I find it deep and warm-looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it, except for the price and lack of durability compared to other sealants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it alot. I have applied it to a few panels by hand with no problems like you described but quickly finished the rest of the car with a PC and blue pad! Works Awesome! Super easy!
    Paul

"ULTIMATE" Detailing

Serving Northern VA, MD and DC

Post Thanks / Like
    did you shake the bottle really good? never had that problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I shook the product well. When shaking it, the felt like the thick product was `stuck` together in the middle of the bottle, but only a thin liquidy amount could be extracted. I`m not sure if that`s normal or not though.

I let a friend use it a week before me on his car, and he had the exact same thoughts on it. I watched him apply it, and it was really thin, runny, and difficult to apply just as it was for me. Just as me, he struggled using it and didn`t like it. However, he was able to finish off his car with it unlike me. And it did look good I thought, be he was partial on the looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love WG and an avid user of it. I do agree that the price has crept up quite a bit - It use to be ~$15 for 16oz and the durability is low compared to other sealants.

Anyways, I have 3 bottles and all come out like a liquid lotion (when shaken thoroughly) - it sits on top of the pad unlike Klasse SG which is readily absorbed into the pad.

I hope that helps...MCA

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Thanks. Yes, It was too expensive to only use the little product that I did, and let it collect dust on a shelf. I guess I`ll give it another try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried DGPS years ago, and it was not thin like water, or even close to KSG. It should have the consistency of most other sealants. However that said, I was never happy with it. Gloss and slickness were off the charts, but unfortunately durability and protection severly lacked for me, and I haven`t really used it since. Having cars outside 24x7 is brutal for most LSPs, and the Wolf performed below average for me in these conditions.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Wolfgang too and never had a problem with it being too thin. It is a water based sealant but it should not be as thin as you are saying. With regards to the price, AG had a sale 2 for $15 a few months ago so I stocked up, but $30 is high but you are getting 16 ounces not the usual 8 or 12 from other brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Tiger Mike, I have a bottle of WG that I`ll probably toss due to old age.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used it a couple times when AG debuted it about 3 years ago. Application was very nice, and the look wasn`t bad. Unfortunately as others said the durability wasn`t there.

I would try calling AG up and asking them what they think. The customer service at AG has always been top notch IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have two bottles. I got a good deal on it during one of the X-Mas specials AG was having... but it is still one of the more expensive sealants at regular cost. But so far I feel like my money would`ve been better spent trying out another product.

I`ll shake both bottles around when I get home and see how they feel in comparison to one another. I`m pretty selective about what products I buy, and haven`t read anything of this sort about DGPS before.

I`ll try the product out again before I call AG. Hopefully I`ll be able to do that sometime tomorrow. If I have troubles the second time around, I`ll call AG and see what they have to say.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Thread Information