Post Thanks / Like
    Well it just rained (light rain) and my car is wet, after I get it dried off, will it be ok to just add my 2nd coat of UPGP or should I use my sample of spray detail from the ultima sample kit?

I did once have 5 coats of UPGP on my silver focus, however after winter and some harsh wash techniques by my wifes grandpa and my daughter I had swirls....however after 2 hours of polishing (I was on a tight schedule yesterday) I am down to just rids but the major swirls are gone or greatly demenished.

So do I have to detail my car before the 2nd coat of UPGP with a spray detail, or rewash/clay?

When I did the 5 coat thing I did a light wipe down between coats because It was d uring the worst drought of the SouthEast.

Do you recommend buffing between coats or what? I want maximum shine this time around just like last time

Thanks

BeDo

Post Thanks / Like
    ha, yeah, I was washing a Kenworth during that little rain we just had.

Lookout, we are going to have allot more in a few hours.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    Well it just rained (light rain) and my car is wet, after I get it dried off, will it be ok to just add my 2nd coat of UPGP or should I use my sample of spray detail from the ultima sample kit?

I did once have 5 coats of UPGP on my silver focus, however after winter and some harsh wash techniques by my wifes grandpa and my daughter I had swirls....however after 2 hours of polishing (I was on a tight schedule yesterday) I am down to just rids but the major swirls are gone or greatly demenished.

So do I have to detail my car before the 2nd coat of UPGP with a spray detail, or rewash/clay?

When I did the 5 coat thing I did a light wipe down between coats because It was d uring the worst drought of the SouthEast.

Do you recommend buffing between coats or what? I want maximum shine this time around just like last time

Thanks

BeDo
    I would do a quick wash. Rain can have many contaminants, which you don`t want to seal in. No need to clay. Do not buff between coats, just wait until after the last coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got my car done right at 2 hours ago, 2nd coat went on at 3pm and the interior was done best I could with my 3 year old going "I help you daddy!?" and of course she got to do the windows and dress the interior with her very own microfiber towel!

So hopefully the 2 coats of TTGP and the 2nd coat of UPGP will have time to cure enough before the rain really starts to fall

its been 2 hours after all!

Thanks Brandon for the quick reply....I bet its a pain in the arse to detail a big kenworth! how long does that take?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks doc! I was thinking the same thing, someone needs to invent De-ionized rain water that way there would be no more water spots....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ehh, wasent to long, just a quick wash, but took like 3hrs while I had to wash in the rain lol!
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Thread Information