Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After several weeks of owning the FLEX XC3401 VRG Orbital Polisher I can say it`s the best polisher I have used. I have tried the PC, UDM, and Hitachi Rotary. It is butter smooth and you can tell the stroke length is 8 mm. Just like a hand application. The microprocessor offers constant speed control by tachometer generator, soft start, accelerator trigger switch, restart protection after power interruption, overload protection, temperature monitoring, and speed selection. It`s a dream to use!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had mine for a month now and I feel the same way.:hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    it is amazing. well-balanced and doesn`t vibrate as much compared to PC... the best investment i have had in detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t wait to use mine. Still cold here in Chicago. Should get to use it in a couple of weeks or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am near you Sinbad...weather not quite conducive to polishing BUT I did try it out of curiousity on one body panel. This thing is going to be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is still in the box waiting for Spring.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine. worx great.....nothing else to compare it to as its all I ever had
    Ray from KingwoodKorner.com

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree i love my flex
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I used mine for the first time this last weekend!! I have used a PC once before, and the thing I like the most was the variable trigger. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone used it with Megs 105? Is 105 any less likely to clog when used with this orbital, compared to a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my Flex also but have any of you had problems with your backing plate burning up? I was polishing a car yesterday and all of a sudden I smelled something burning and freaked out thinking I had just burned the paint on an Aston Martin! Thankfully it was only the backing plate rubbing against the metal frame of the Flex. It melted alittle but still works ok. Kinda sucks though. Others have had the same problem. Apparently you need to tighten the nut holding the backing plate on?
    Paul

"ULTIMATE" Detailing

Serving Northern VA, MD and DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan777
    I love my Flex also but have any of you had problems with your backing plate burning up? I was polishing a car yesterday and all of a sudden I smelled something burning and freaked out thinking I had just burned the paint on an Aston Martin! Thankfully it was only the backing plate rubbing against the metal frame of the Flex. It melted alittle but still works ok. Kinda sucks though. Others have had the same problem. Apparently you need to tighten the nut holding the backing plate on?

Contact someone about a warranty replacement backing plate, in fact Powerhouse sells extra backing plates (I got an extra) and should honor the warranty since they are only 1 of 2 master distributors in the US for FLEX tools.

Email them!
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered mine yesterday! What kind of compounds are you guys liking with the Flex? I am going to do a few tests this weekend with M105 and Orange LC/Purple LC Wool. I`ll be sure to post some pictures of the results. Can`t wait to use the Flex to see what it is all about!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    I ordered mine yesterday! What kind of compounds are you guys liking with the Flex? I am going to do a few tests this weekend with M105 and Orange LC/Purple LC Wool. I`ll be sure to post some pictures of the results. Can`t wait to use the Flex to see what it is all about!
    Sweet! Congrats on the purchase. :2thumbs:

Yes please let us know what happens with your tests. I`ve been wondering about both the M105 and the purple wool pad on the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellant! You`ll love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    MDRX8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information