Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if anyone has found that this product is able to tackle most jobs out there except the most neglected vehicles. This would certainly help keep one`s inventory to a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you mean their entire product line, I do. There are still a couple areas that Optimum doesn`t have covered but will shortly (APC, carpet cleaner, & tire/wheel cleaner which is my biggest need). Using one product line definitely keeps my inventory to a minimum and I don`t have to carry around 50 different products.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I mostly use Optimum`s polishes but switch to Meguiars for single stage paints since their polishes were developed when a lot of cars still didn`t have clear coats. Other than that though, pretty much all I use is Optimum for polishing and much of the time for sealing as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like Mshu7, I use everything they make: ONR washes, OS, PS mostly and I use other stuff just for area that Optimum doesn`t cover yet. Just ordered some Opti-Bond for tires and wheel wells, so I haven`t tried that or the new OID (Optimum Instant Detailer).

I have found that I like Ardex Smartcut Compound better than Optimum`s Hyper-Compound cause it cuts faster, but that`s the only product they make that I think needs to be improved.

I know there are many great product lines out there, but as a professional, Optimum`s product line and pricing are hard to beat, IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    If you mean their entire product line, I do. There are still a couple areas that Optimum doesn`t have covered but will shortly (APC, carpet cleaner, & tire/wheel cleaner which is my biggest need). Using one product line definitely keeps my inventory to a minimum and I don`t have to carry around 50 different products.

I had read a post by someone saying "professional" detailers do not use Optimum polishes since they do not have much cut. I guess you disagree with that... It was just a comment that stuck in my mind.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had any cutting problems with their polishes. The reason why I like them is because they don`t dust. It`s my biggest complaint when it comes to polishes. Plus, they are user-friendly and a little goes a long way.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    I haven`t had any cutting problems with their polishes. The reason why I like them is because they don`t dust. It`s my biggest complaint when it comes to polishes. Plus, they are user-friendly and a little goes a long way.

agreed... :up

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a little trouble cutting when I was only using my 7424, but not at all since I started using my Rotary/7428 for correcting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using Optimum Polish on just about every car that I polish with my rotary. I will mix in some HTEC if I feel like I need some more cut. This seems to be a good combo for me. I`ll probably add some wool pads from Edge and some Meguiars M105 or Presta to my polish lineup. I cant say that I am a huge fan of using OP with a PC though. I use Poli Seal a ton. I used to use OCW all the time but I`m just about out and I want to buy the new formula when they release it.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry most Optimum polishes (PoliSeal - HyperCompound) and found them relatively easy to use with their low dusting formula. But I found my trusty Farecla`s G3 to be more effective in correcting scratches, water spotting and over sprays. A lot better than Optimum`s Compound & HyperCompund.

After G3 I`ll go straight into PoliSeal & then either followed by Opti Seal (hand application) or OCW (finishing pad on rotary). Perfecto

Post Thanks / Like
    oh..and ONR for all my washes (to those who wanna pay premium) :p Smells lovely too. It also acts like a QD in btwn washes. Worth every penny mate

Post Thanks / Like
    All OPT except Menzerna FPII and my APC.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really think all of the Optimum products are top notch.

Thread Information