Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been lagging... Donnie got me a sample of Migliore early on and due to ****** weather and some other circumstances surrounding the death of my best friends sister I`ve not had the opportunity to follow thru. I`m going to be as impartial as possible in this review, Donnie is a great guy and I`m sure hes put some serious time into this product. The least I can do is spend that kind of time in giving it a proper review.

This will be my first review, another should follow in a few weeks to show finish quality and shine characteristics on some better colors. The purpose of this thread will be to evaluate the long term durabilty including a side by side comparison with another product that should offer comparable durability.

The test subject is my wifes 2003 Toyota Matrix. As she is harder on vehicles than anyone I know this made for a perfect test bed. The vehicle sees approximatly 35 miles round trip commute to her office each day, is garaged every night, and subjected to the riggors of weekend errand running w/ the baby.

The hood will be my test panel for the duration of this review, one side will be treated with Migliore, the other with Adams Buttery Wax. The surface was prepped with a highly concentrated mixture of Optimum Car Wash soap & a microfiber wash mit. Dryed with a new WWMF drying towel courtesy of Chris at Glimmer Glass Detailing. Clayed with Adams purple clay and buffed w/ DER Tuff Stuff on a white durafoam pad @ 5000opm.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS -

Migliore definitely gives off the appearance of similar high end paste waxes, due to its high concentration of carnuba it does seperate out and requires some aggitation with the pad to get an even mixture prior to application. It smell has a strong menthol/eucalyptus type smell... very medicine like... remind me of Vicks Vaporub... not that smell has a bearing on the finish quality, but some people do care.

APPLICATION -

Per the instructions of each respective product Migliore was applied with a fresh foam applicator pad, Adams Buttery was applied with an Adams plush MF applicator pad.

Migliore went on very easy and spread well. The product does seem to be a bit oily and I was initially concerned that I was not getting an even spread of the product over the surface. Both products were allowed to cure for 15 minutes... upon inspection the Migliore did not seem fully dried nor had it hazed like most products. Another 15 minutes was allowed for both products to cure. At 30 minutes Adams had fully hazed as had Migliore. Migliore seems to be impacted more by ambient temps. We were seeing approximately 75+ degree temps today and it seemed to have made the wax soft and a little tricky to work with.

REMOVAL -

Both products came off the paint very easily using a plush MF polishing cloth. A little QD spray was used (Meguiars NXT to avoid giving an advantage to Adams) to assist in removal. 15 minutes after removal there was some oily residue that appeared on the Migliore side. 1 pass with QD spray and an MF towel removed it easily, the same was done on the Adams side to maintain a level playing field. Both sides of the panel felt smooth... I will give IMO a slight advantage to Migliore, the surface seemed a tad more slippery when passing an MF cloth or my hand over it.

FOLLOW UP RESULTS TO FOLLOW IN 1 WEEK :read:

Initially the shine characteristics and depth appear about the same though it is very hard to tell on this type of color. A slight advantage in sheeting action goes to Migliore as demonstrated in the video below. I intend to rewash the vehicle next week or the week after and repeat the sheeting test to see which is holding up better.

Any questions please feel free to ask. So far I`m impressed with the product, for a first effort and something someone decided to do such a short time ago it seems to be a solid contender in the pure `nuba paste category.

SIDE BY SIDE APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. MIGLIORE ON THE LEFT, ADAMS ON THE RIGHT:

AFTER REMOVAL AND 30 MINUTE CURE TIME:

SHEETING TEST:

dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. Where do you buy Migliore?

BTW, the NXT QD will skew the results due to the synthetics in it. QD naked paint with it and it will be very slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    Thanks for the review. Where do you buy Migliore?

BTW, the NXT QD will skew the results due to the synthetics in it. QD naked paint with it and it will be very slick.

(URL removed by moderator. We just banned this guy for spamming us; I don`t see a need to advertise his website. -- Tort)

Only reason I used the NXT QD was to aid in the removal of the wax, very very very minimal amount. Only reason I chose to go with that instead of my usual (Adams) was I didn`t want anyone crying "NO FAIR" in the review since the side by side is with an Adams product. Equal amounts were used on both sides so there should be no skew.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No probs.

BTW, I wasn`t have a go at you...just wanted to make you aware. The QD synthetics will probably come off after a wash anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks great, Dylan !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan06SS
    (URL removed by moderator. We just banned this guy for spamming us; I don`t see a need to advertise his website. -- Tort)

Sorry Tort... I was unaware of Chris being banned from this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    No probs.

BTW, I wasn`t have a go at you...just wanted to make you aware. The QD synthetics will probably come off after a wash anyway.

No worries... I didn`t think you were, just clarifying that it was something I considered as well.

Thread Information