Thread: Griot`s Garage?

Post Thanks / Like
    Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot`s Garage 800-345-5789

Has anybody here used this random orbital before? And also how good are there products in general? I came across this Griot’s site and thought I would ask everyone.

By the way, I have plenty of buffers. I’m just curious because I have never seen this one.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search, you`ll find info on it.

http://autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2036056

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about their buffer, but they do have some stand-out products, namely their car soap, Speed Shine, and Undercarriage Spray. They`re kinda pricey, though, especially their shipping charges. However to me, getting the soap (in bulk size) is well worth it.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.

I did do a search and I’m going to get the car wash and undercarriage stuff.

Nobody here took the plunge and tried the buffer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miahman98
    Thanks guys.

I did do a search and I’m going to get the car wash and undercarriage stuff.

Nobody here took the plunge and tried the buffer?

There are threads about people who have used the buffer. Try the search function like someone already mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought their detailing clay and liked it. Only item purchased there so far...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of their buffers and I`ve been pleased with the way it operates and the results it produces. I have not had any problems with it bogging down as referenced in other threads.

So far, I`ve only used it with their stuff [clay, #3 polish, Best of Show Wax] and it did wonders for the swirling on my white SL. There is more work to do, but since I`m just a car nut and not a pro, time is on my side! I love their Speed Shine and I use the Spray-on wax on our Mini Cooper S after a wash. Luckily, there is a Complete Garage in my area, and they carry the Griot`s line. Saves shipping on the heavy stuff.

That said, the info presented in Autopia has opened a whole new world of things to try, so I will be using other products in the coming months.

Post Thanks / Like
    [Note that Accumulator has spent a fortune with Richard over the years and does support Griot`s Garage..]

Karburn- Heh heh, I bet that after you`ve tried a few other products you won`t be reaching for the Machine Polish #3 and/or the BOS any more...I know mine justs sit on the shelf (multiple generations of the Machine Polishes too; I have a bit of a Griot`s product collection built up since the days when he answered the phone himself ).

Some of his products are, IMO, about as good as it gets :xyxthumbs I *just* finished washing my wife`s A8 with their Car Wash and I gave it a bit of SpeedShine as I was drying.

Lucky you being able to avoid the shipping charges (10% of the order total *does* add up).

Post Thanks / Like
    They have awesome customer service!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelPlated.45
    They have awesome customer service!

Well, as long as you don`t let `em talk you into returning a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that didn`t work well Regulars here have heard my tale of woe a zillion times so I won`t repeat it here...but that was the *one* time I wasn`t happy with their customer service, usually they *are* great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading between the lines, I think I`ll use up what I have THEN start trying some other polish/paint sealant/wax etc. I had a thread elsewhere about what to use on old, very hard, white paint (87 MB SL) but I do want to stick with my orbital. Might try Swissvax if I can find it. Otherwise I`ll order up some new stuff from Autopia. Any recommendations? :2thumbs:

Each year, someone from Griot`s comes to town to do a Saturday clinic at the Complete Garage. This year`s clinic was WELL attended, with most all of the car clubs being well represented: MB, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, BMW, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Griot`s has good service and I have tried a bit of everything from them but I find the products simply don`t perform as well as others. The waxes and polishes are pretty bad in fact imho. The car soap is decent.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Well, as long as you don`t let `em talk you into returning a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that didn`t work well Regulars here have heard my tale of woe a zillion times so I won`t repeat it here...but that was the *one* time I wasn`t happy with their customer service, usually they *are* great.

Well here`s my experience...

For whatever reason my mom bought me one of those griots garage buckets and some other stuff for christmas. It`s an expensive bucket especially in comparison to the $5 lowes buckets i use. Anyways i took it home and a couple weeks later i noticed it`s got a huge crack on the bottom. I called my mom and told her, she called griots and they shipped her a new bucket no questions asked. So i epoxied the broken bucket and now i have 2 griots garage buckets i don`t use

Post Thanks / Like
    NIckelPlated.45- Glad, but not surprised, to hear how well they took care of you regarding that bucket. I bet having your mom call about a gift helped grease the wheels too

Heh heh, I bet Griot`s does a lot of business related to family gift-giving. My late father bought me a mountain of stuff from them (my shop looks like a Griot`s "handbook" ) and Accumulatorette always gets me something from them for Christmas.

Karburn- I keep forgetting to compliment you on your Benz. Those 2nd-generation SLs (uhm...oh geeze I`m having a brain-pause...W..W..W116? ) are great faves of mine, I just love `em (those and the W126 sedans are what I consider the last of the "real" Benzes).

Is your `87`s paint factory single stage? I`m still trying to get a definitive answer about when MB switched to b/c paint for their solid colors and it`d be helpful to know about the `87 model year.

Thread Information