Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I`ve been using Zaino for a little over two years now. I`ve also used several other sealants and waxes, but I always came back to Zaino because I wanted the longevity it offers.

What`s funny is I pretty much never had to worry about longevity since I detailed my car usually once a month at the very least... more like twice a month usually.

So why I worried about it I don`t know

Anyway, I recently got into a biking accident and managed to break both of my arms. Had to have surgery and get pins put in and the whole deal. So needless to say I`ve been out of commission for about two months now.

I haven`t detailed my car in that whole time obviously. I went out the other day after a rain and saw my car for the first time in a long while. I expected the beads to be diminished and the Zaino to be dimished after two months of no washes etc.

Much to my surprise there was pretty much no protection on the car. The water was really not beading at all. And to the touch the paint feels BONE DRY.

After the claims of Zaino lasting for three months, or as much as six months I was very disappointed.

Like I said the car pretty much never went that long without a detail before, so I never really tested the claims.

I guess I`m wondering what`s up? Is the three-month claim for a garaged car only?

I had to move out of state and I do not have a garage right now... soon though

Or does Zaino only last that long in climates where it doesn`t rain often? It rains A LOT in Texas.

Thanks for any insight.

For the record I`m still going to stick with Zaino because I love the way it looks and before my accident I never had occasion to worry about the protection because I always kept it up. And once I can detail again I will continue to do that

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...you know we`re only talking about an unmeasurably thin layer of LSP on the car, anyway. You`ve probably got some environmental deposits on the car from it sitting...I`d bet a Z7 wash would pep it back up quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm that`s a good point

I suppose the Zaino could be under there if I washed her up hehe. The car is pretty dirty now even from just sitting because it`s been raining a lot here.

I guess I just assumed it would bead water more and still have somewhat of that slick feeling... not that it would be slick, but smoother than it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z7 is supposed to contain and therefore refresh the polymer, but most washes have something in them along those lines, be it for lubricity or to help get the water off the car for drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your car has been outside for the last two months and has not yet been washed, it`ll likely be hard to judge if Zaino is protecting or not. Give it a wash and see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find on vehicles that sit outside 24/7 and are never washed, even durable LSP`s don`t hold up very long, especially if the paint wasn`t prepped well.

As everyone else said when the surface is filthy it will appear that the protection is nearly gone even though it may still very well be there. A wash could reveal the truth.

On the other hand, it could very well be gone.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten 6 months out of 3 layers of collinite 476S

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t expect a product to bead through a layer of dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I`ll have to wash it once my arms get better... until then I guess I won`t know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

Colli 885/476 and FK 1000P can bead through a nice layer of dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Colli 885/476 and FK 1000P can bead through a nice layer of dirt.

Just because one says it can... means only that one says it can. It does not necessarily mean it will.

If his car has not been detailed for two months and has been assaulted with the Texas dust and repeated rains I would suspect that what ever product that is on the paint surface would have a hard time beading. I would think it is something more than a nice layer of dust.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    The only car I can judge for longevity is my 94 toyota hilux

Its outside 24/7 all year long and previously I put fireglaze DS on it and I washed it once every fortnight at the coin op

The protection never went away all year and was slick

Recently I stripped it all back and used Driven quick spray by rotary over the whole car to glaze the car and enhance the gloss

After the rotary application, I just used it as a QD by towel and have washed every two or three weeks

To my surprise, that has kept the paint super slick, whatever sap I get just comes off with the warm to hot soap from the pressure nozzle (1100 PSI) at the coin op and the water sheets away like I`ve put pure sealant on it.

One ultra soft WW towel and it`s bone dry.

Its got some sap and fallout on it now due to parking under a tree on a 30C night

But that will all fall off no probs.

I dont even need to use the foaming brush. Just soap and rinse.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

:werd:

Once I was doing the final rinse, the panels were beading again :bounce
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    The rain depends on where you live in texas, i live in north central texas and we get a considerable amount of rain but dust is the real problem. If you live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio or Tyler area your getting hit by some pretty heavy acid rain.
    Acupuncture...a jab well done

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in San Antonio, but now I`m in Houston. Seems to rain here all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information