Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I might be getting polished CCWs in the near future, and might not have the time to maintain them all the time. I am looking for a sealant for them that will protect them from sea salt, possibly sand, and water etching. I live in FL, so water repellance would deffinately help, and since I might be going to UM next year, I would need the bare metal to be protected from sea salt in the air.

I`ve heard of ZoopSeal, but dont know much about it. I am not too sure how the wheel sealants (surf city garage wheel sealant, poorboys, and DP wheel glaze) compare to conventional paint sealants in durability. CCW reccomends Rejex, but it seems to be just like any other sealant. Maybe a few coats of DG105, 476s, Klasse, or Optiseal would keep them protected for up to a year?

Thanks for any input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used Zoopseal myself, but I have a friend in Iowa that used it on a set of polished Intro wheels and he was happy. You can always just polish them out and seal them with whatever sealant you use on the paint. Any of those products you listed should work fine. Optiseal would probably be the easiest to apply.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally use either Klasse AIO/SG or Zaino for wheels (regardless of the finish). Excellent durability and protection. I have used "wheel-specific" LSP`s like PB`s Wheel Sealant - in all honesty, they work but not in any special way that would make me buy them again. Also, I never get the same amount of durability on wheels and paint - it`s always shorter on wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive done research on zoopseal and from what Ive read its a pretty detailed process to apply. Id stick with something like zaino :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest 476 or 845. Both will last a good time on your wheels. Plus they`re cheap. But they`re not a sealant. You can bet I will never use an expensive product on wheels/rims

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on what you have already I would say

Jetseal x2

Collinite 476(885)x2

Should be good for a while after that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purplenurple
    I might be getting polished CCWs in the near future, and might not have the time to maintain them all the time. I am looking for a sealant for them that will protect them

Maybe a few coats of DG105, 476s, Klasse, or Optiseal would keep them protected for up to a year?

Thanks for any input.

Polished aluminum wheels that are not clear coated will require more attention if you want to keep them looking nice.....I have a set of CCW Classics and after they are polished (Mothers Power Metal followed up with Billet) I use Z2pro or Z-CS to help maintain the efforts. Nothing is going to give you a year of protection. Keeping them as dry as possible is important. If your driving in the rain wipe them down when you get back in the garage to help keep the water spots down. Every few months I put another coat of Zaino on for protection.

What CCW profile are you thinking about.....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima PGP is an easy win for me. Been on since October 07 and still looks, feels, and beads well. Through road salt, sand and scuz. Several washes too.

Qualifiers.

Must be applied to a properly prepped finish.

Must be applied in at least three coats per the instructions. Preferably four.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    I suggest 476 or 845. Both will last a good time on your wheels. Plus they`re cheap. But they`re not a sealant. You can bet I will never use an expensive product on wheels/rims

I agree with you about using expensive products on stock rims, but not on rims costing $2,600. Although, Collinite might be one of the most durable options so Ill entertain it.

To the person that asked, I am looking at the 505A profile in 19in for my GTO. I think that my most durable sealant is DG105, but I would be willing to spend some cash for something that could be a better option. Maybe 105 topped with a few coats of Collinite or OS?

Asking for 1yr of durability is a bit much, I agree, but I want at least a few months.

THanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know about longest last but best looking is CG`s Blitz Acrylic Spray Sealant.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by purplenurple
    I agree with you about using expensive products on stock rims, but not on rims costing $2,600. Although, Collinite might be one of the most durable options so Ill entertain it.

To the person that asked, I am looking at the 505A profile in 19in for my GTO. I think that my most durable sealant is DG105, but I would be willing to spend some cash for something that could be a better option. Maybe 105 topped with a few coats of Collinite or OS?

Asking for 1yr of durability is a bit much, I agree, but I want at least a few months.

THanks.
    505A`s are one of my favorites.....

Post some pictures after you get them on and sealed..... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Werkstatt`s Prime works well. Wheel Wax also does a good job.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    So no one has any time frames for certain products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jetseal has been fantastic for me. Well outlasted Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Thats good to know. Ill look into it.

Can I assume that multiple layers of a sealant/collinite with no cleaners will yield bette durability than a single layer? Can I safely expect 3-5 months of durability?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information