Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a gallon of Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing. I have a couple of questions...can I safely use it on anything besides tires if i diluted it to the right amounts? Things like the interior or well wells or exterior trim?

thanks guys!

03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the best results when cut 4:1. It can be used on engine compartments, exterior trim, tires (obviously), wheel wells.

To be honest, I like Adams VRT on the wheel wells and exterior trim over the Megs HD.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to cut it 4:1 and use in on interiors.. it lasted a while... looked good.. the only problem was that it was really runny cut at that ratio...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill

I use it on wheel wells, tires, rubber trim, vinyl trim, and interior plastics. I usually have two bottles. One cut 3:1 and another cut 2:1

Post Thanks / Like
    I just mixed up another batch of this last night. I use 2.5 to 1 for a slightly satin/low gloss shine. I Think it looks amazing on tires and wells. Engine compartment is great at 3.5 to 1 or so. Interior works too though no UV protection so I have mixed 303 along with HD to get some UV protection in there too. I figured since 303 gives a matte appearance the HD was diluted at 4-5:1 in that combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, great info for me. thanks guys! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    i cant wait for my bottle to run out...its not that I dont like it, its just I think there has to be better out there...

even at 1:1 I get it streaking and what not and not applying evenly enough for me...and I do wipe it even and buff it off even...it just doesnt give me the look I am looking for...

as for interior, I have heard that you should dilute it 20:1 otherwise you will end up with it being too greasy for daily touching...IDK, but I have never tried it on the interior, or on tires...only the wells and trim! at 2:1 and 1:1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    i cant wait for my bottle to run out...its not that I dont like it, its just I think there has to be better out there...

even at 1:1 I get it streaking and what not and not applying evenly enough for me...and I do wipe it even and buff it off even...it just doesnt give me the look I am looking for...

as for interior, I have heard that you should dilute it 20:1 otherwise you will end up with it being too greasy for daily touching...IDK, but I have never tried it on the interior, or on tires...only the wells and trim! at 2:1 and 1:1

Must be your water or something. I simply wont trade this product for any other.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive noticed that it streaks too after it dries. I just go back over it and its fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all the info, guys...im just afraid of it drying out any exterior rubber trim i put it on, or any interior plastics....

but i guess there is nothing to worry about?
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Must be your water or something. I simply wont trade this product for any other.

hmmm....i never thought about that...I know that the water in my place is really hard and has deposits in it...which is why I dont drink it LOL...my shower has to be cleaned twice a week...but that could also be because I am OCD about my place, just like my cars....LOL

But I think that I will try it out with some other water and see how that goes...

Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually kidding. You can give it a try though.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan

I too once loved the HD--still do! If you have a local distributor, look for some Ardex "NEW CONCEPT," or Malco "Aqua dressing." Both give you the look of HD, but they are actually waterproof once they set up(I had a hard time with that--something being water-based *and* waterproof ). I have not purchased another gallon of HD since. After a few applications of either dressing, the durability is like that of Endurance (almost anyways)--not bad for a WB product.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll look into that Joe. Thanks.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this stuff, for $35ish (I think) a gallon, you can`t go wrong, I use it at 2.5-3:1 (I really don`t measure it out that accurately) and it works great for wheels wells. I`ve used it on tires with good results a few times, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information