Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    I am curious, so you have have to use a APC before CD2?
    You have to clean the engine first. You can use APC; I used Black Magic engine cleaner, which was located IN FRONT OF the CD2 cans at the Auto Zone store last summer. The CD2 is still hiding there, so I bought another. The guy looked in his computer and said he`s got 7 cans left. AZ in Ludington, MI, if anyone cares.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by itb76
    You have to clean the engine first. You can use APC; I used Black Magic engine cleaner, which was located IN FRONT OF the CD2 cans at the Auto Zone store last summer. The CD2 is still hiding there, so I bought another. The guy looked in his computer and said he`s got 7 cans left. AZ in Ludington, MI, if anyone cares.

ya and the 7 avail are probably black magic 2-1 engine detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Black Magic 2-in-1 is DEFINITELY not the same as CD2 Engine Detailer. I`ve used both in the past. CD2 Engine Detailer has no cleaning abilities.

I`m not sure where in MA you live, but I`ve had luck finding CD2 at some C.A.P. (Consumer Auto Parts) locations.

Anyways the manager at autozone is retarded. She kept telling me its the same company. I will believe the people on here than some moron autozone manager that thinks she knows everything. She doesnt know a dam thing about detailing. I dont have C.A.P. near me thats eastern MA, too far.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    Anyways the manager at autozone is retarded. She kept telling me its the same company. I will believe the people on here than some moron autozone manager that thinks she knows everything. She doesnt know a dam thing about detailing. I dont have C.A.P. near me thats eastern MA, too far.
    Best of luck in your CD2 search. Let me know if you find it. I haven`t seen any in a AutoZone around here in quite a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blownvert
    ya and the 7 avail are probably black magic 2-1 engine detailer
    There`s at least 2 more CD2 cans back there...
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    if you guys really want to try an excellent engine detailer, try perfect10 by malco products. you can find it at detailsupplydepot.com for 5.95 a can. ive used this stuff for years and it is truly spray and walk away. i tried cd2 last week, after hearing raves about it by so many on this site i had to see for myself, i was less than impressed, i`ll use it for my wheel wells. perfect10 literally blows it away. perfect10 mists like a fog, it does`nt run all over the place. it has a high gloss satin finish. i show my car alot and people always want to know what i use on my engine, i tell em perfect10. please try it i know you`ll love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    if you guys really want to try an excellent engine detailer, try perfect10 by malco products. you can find it at detailsupplydepot.com for 5.95 a can. ive used this stuff for years and it is truly spray and walk away. i tried cd2 last week, after hearing raves about it by so many on this site i had to see for myself, i was less than impressed, i`ll use it for my wheel wells. perfect10 literally blows it away. perfect10 mists like a fog, it does`nt run all over the place. it has a high gloss satin finish. i show my car alot and people always want to know what i use on my engine, i tell em perfect10. please try it i know you`ll love it.

Pics of engine bay ???
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    don`t have any at the moment sorry. but trust me on this one you`ll like this stuff, there`s nothing to wipe down won`t drip, run or puddle. almost like spraying a high gloss satin clearcoat on your engine compartment.

Post Thanks / Like
    high gloss satin? Those are opposing terms.

I picked up some CD-2, because I keep reading these threads. It was behind the Black Magic stuff. It`s a smaller can, so it hides behind them pretty easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    don`t have any at the moment sorry. but trust me on this one you`ll like this stuff, there`s nothing to wipe down won`t drip, run or puddle. almost like spraying a high gloss satin clearcoat on your engine compartment.

Won`t trust you until pics are shown
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked up a can from Midway. Paid the $5 shipping. Ouch, hope it`s good stuff. Does not seem like there is much in the can though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to 2 autozones today, when you walk in on the right wall, they have engine cleaner such has gunk eb-1, I walked thru the 1st store, nada, walked in the 2nd store looked the same place, no, then the guy yelled out: welcome to AutoZone what can I help you with and I said CD-2, he said yeah, we got that, right where I was looking by the gunk and sure enough 7 silver cans with cd2 on it I may go back to the first one tomorrow and look there, so wherever your local AutoZone has the gunk and engine degreaser at, LOOK GOOD, real good, or even ask.

BTW-I am not a fan of AZ but I have to say they stepped up today with asking to help me, first time in a while where I live....maybe its due to the 10 dozen other new auto parts stores in the area, ya think :angry
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    *kicking self*

Went to AutoZone today and bought the last two cans. I previously bought one from Amazon for $15 shipped.

So now I have 3 cans? How many applications per can?

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information