Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by artronnie
    Mine came with tag :nixweiss ...it says "made in China". :hm

not a big deal, i`ve used mine many of times after several washes and it`s still very soft and plush. if you use it with no ill effects, that`s all that matters...

Post Thanks / Like
    It used to be easier to seperate quality towels by country of origin. It`s not anymore. It`s quite common for a manufacturer to have good fabric woven in Korea, then sent to China for processing and packaging. The labor cost savings are significant when volumes support the additional transportation and logistics costs. For customs purposes, legally, they`re still "Made in China". Personally, I`m not real happy with the labor plant conditions in China and their ability to manage consistancy of deliverables. You can get crap material and finished product from either Korea or China, although the liklihood is stronger with China.

How`s the glue holding up on your Eurow pieces? Our testing and analysis of that particular piece revealed inconsistant glue bleed through the backing material as well as short term durability of the glue (sounds like I`m talking about an LSP huh?) through repeated strong wash and dry cycling. Aside from not finding the size likable, watch the corner thread burns and leave any pressure off the perimeter overlock for marring, IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLdot
    You can get crap material and finished product from either Korea or China

agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by TLdot
    How`s the glue holding up on your Eurow pieces?

haven`t had any problems yet (referring to the shag towels), and they`ve been washed several times along with my other mf`s...

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally got a chance to go to K-mart and buy 2 green Viking MF towels..

Very plush, and soft! I washed them... and I can`t wait to try them on my next QD job.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Macruz19
    I finally got a chance to go to K-mart and buy 2 green Viking MF towels..

Very plush, and soft! I washed them... and I can`t wait to try them on my next QD job.

I sent an email to Schroeder and Tremayne (makers of the Viking, Mothers, and other private label towels) about the Viking towels (green and yellow drying) being made in China with 80/20 labels. They said that the green towel is a 70/30 before they cut and dye the towels but when finished becomes 80/20. I assume this means the cloth is 70/30 but the edging is 100% polyster so this affects the final ratio. They also confirmed they are still the split end design.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know of a place in Dallas where I can purchase these? There are no more KMarts in this area and Sears doesn`t carry them. If not, can someone provide a link to an online retailer with the item # for the particular green one that`s referred to? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1
    Does anyone know of a place in Dallas where I can purchase these? There are no more KMarts in this area and Sears doesn`t carry them. If not, can someone provide a link to an online retailer with the item # for the particular green one that`s referred to? Thanks!

O`Reilly`s sells Viking towels including the green ones. They had sale for like $2.98 recently - maybe still in progress. You should have this chain in your area.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to buy the large MF viking drying towels at K-mart but they had one left, and it was on the floor. I called them earlier today asking them when they restock them, but she doesn`t know.

I checked out Pep-Boys, and they don`t sell Viking stuff. They have a lot of CA MF towels that I was not too impressed about.

I`ll try Sears next time.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    O`Reilly`s sells Viking towels including the green ones. They had sale for like $2.98 recently - maybe still in progress. You should have this chain in your area.

Thanks for the info. I`ve already checked 3 different O`Reilly stores and no luck. I`ll go to some more until I find `em.

Post Thanks / Like
    also check kragen...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a 10 pack of the MF towels from eurow oreilly, man these thigs are THICK, maybe the thickest I have seen, washing them now, pics to follow....Eurow O`Reilly Corp Thanks BigAl, great value too @ a lil over $2 each, IMHO.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfirehawk
    I just got a 10 pack of the MF towels from eurow oreilly, man these thigs are THICK, maybe the thickest I have seen, washing them now, pics to follow....Eurow O`Reilly Corp Thanks BigAl, great value too @ a lil over $2 each, IMHO.

:up........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1

That`s unreal that Kmart is gone from the Dallas area. I used to go into a ton of them down there when I was really into collecting diecast cars.

Anyway,the green Viking towels are awesome. I now have three of them, and I plan to buy more in the future. The nearest K-mart is 60 miles or so from me,so I don`t go into one very often. I always buy a Viking towel when I do though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 66#1
    That`s unreal that Kmart is gone from the Dallas area. I used to go into a ton of them down there...
    Thank Target, Wallmart and the mothership Sears. We had about 4, now 1 just barely hangs on now.

Back to the topic...1 out of the 10 pack of Eurows, for $2 each, I dont see how these can be beat, only test left to pass is the lint test for me...
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfirehawk
    Thank Target, Wallmart and the mothership Sears. We had about 4, now 1 just barely hangs on now.

Back to the topic...1 out of the 10 pack of Eurows, for $2 each, I dont see how these can be beat, only test left to pass is the lint test for me...

Let us know how the lint test goes. I used to live in N.O. one block off of St. Charles. Dang I miss the food.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information