Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently acquired some Zymol Concours and with it came a certificate of authenticity that you are to fill-in and then mail back to Zymol. I filled the certificate in and mailed it back, but what do I get for doing this? A bunch of junk mail

(Just Kidding) but to all of you who have used Zymol, is sending in the certificate necessary. I can understand why with Vintage; but do you get something like a Zymol sample, by doing this with the other waxes they sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that wax really $175 ?

If your willing to pay that price for a carnabu wax, I am sure they will want to sell you many more products in the future.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Dean
    Is that wax really $175 ?

If your willing to pay that price for a carnauba wax, I am sure they will want to sell you many more products in the future.

Yeah I know it seems expensive (and no I did not pay full price). I have a couple of customers that asked me about it for their BMW and Mercedes. If your customer has the bucks for it, I say why not. It`s called a business risk. I hope that they can give me some referrals.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had some Concours which I just sold. It came with a cert. of authenticity, but it didn`t have anything to fill out and mail in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    I had some Concours which I just sold. It came with a cert. of authenticity, but it didn`t have anything to fill out and mail in.

Why did you sell it? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    swissvax most likely

Post Thanks / Like
    My zymol concours came with a cert but nothing to fill in... vintage on the other had a form to fill out..

And for those people who are shocked at 175, there is alot higher, and to many including myself, zymol products are worth the price

Post Thanks / Like
    Only the refillable waxes (Vintage, Royale, Solaris) require that you fill out the supplied registration form. That way, they will know that your wax container index number and your name is on file in their office. They will verify that you are the owner of the container, and will refill your container once it is mailed back to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    calgarydetail,

Please do not take this the wrong way, but what exactly is in their product that makes it so much more expensive than other waxes? Are the ingredients rare? Is the carnubu they use that much better than the carnubu used in P21, Meguiars, or Poorboys ? Does Zymol products enhance the shine, depth and hide imperfections significantly more than other premium carnubu waxes?

I have tried at least 50+ Carnubu waxes over the past 10 years from Souveran, P21, Meguiars, Mothers, Poorboys, AM, Chemical Guys, Collinite, Blitz etc... And I have come to the conclusion that a clear coated surface that is free of defects (minor scratches, swirls, contaminants) will only show just so much improvement in shine and depth with the use of a carnubu wax. If anything a pure glaze (non wax) product will improve the wet look of a finish more than a carnubu wax.

I am not looking to flame on a product line but I am yet to be convinced that any wax that I have tried is worth this type of dollar amount.

I could be wrong, and most things in life are subjective .I`ll never be able to tell the difference between a $15 and a $250 bottle of red wine.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    fair question...

whats in it that makes it more expensive? I have no idea.. i have heard the oils they use are multiply times the price of the wax in the over all blend, i dont know if this is true so dont quote me on it.

I really dont know what there justification for being more is,... I have never bothered to ask... heck it could be a hype thing..

I think it has alot to do with keeping the products exlusive.. they are targeted to car collectors and high end car owners.. having a high price protrays a high quility... but at the end of the day im not sure.

I have also tried many many waxs not 50.. i think 35 or so. I love trying wax. Its a hobby of mine.

Each wax looks diffrent, alot has to do with prep yes but wax does add something.

Each wax has its own look and own optical range, its no ness. more shine or more deapth but other factors such as optical range and clarity.

I have honsetly never seen a wax look so clear. (vintage)... even the lower zymols (concours) do not offer this look...

I notice a diffrence so I bought the more expensive wax.. is it for everyone nope. and thats fine. It was right for me. I have been very happy with vintage.

i dont know how to explain it better, i hope im clear but i have a feeling im not.. to each there own, and in this case mine was vintage.. i hope to try divine soon and compare it to vintage..

Everything is subjectivem use what works for you

after all that, i dont know what makes the wax more expensive, and is it better? I tink so but its personal

Post Thanks / Like
    i agree with you calgarydetail , ilike trying many wax, each wax has diffrent look .

about zymol from carbon to concourse you can make compare with any wax like nxt or similer wax , but i never seen like Destiny look warm + gloss not soo dark not soo bright,just take pure refliction.

many many wax itried in 2007 black charger in the end my chose is destiny or concourse or p21s

ilike concourse becuase have good durability hot weather like middleast ,i know swissvax more help with customer and give me that answer concourse more durable . i call swissvax ,beacuas zymol staff un helpfull ive you need some info.

i cant see someone use atlantiqe ....why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I agree with the pricing of the Zymol and Swissvax waxes? No, but there is some truth behind their price tag.

Each have trade secret processes on how they prepare their wax bases and both Zymol and Swissvax are supposedly "all-natural"-pure waxes. The carnauba content alone on the more expensive waxes is over 45% carnauba by volume. Plus Zymol claims to use a rare Brazilian carnauba wax within their formulation. Your lower end products are not going to contain this high amount of quality carnauba ingredients. With the volume of carnauba within these higher end waxes you should not only get a decent gloss but also better durability (it beads like nothing else I have ever seen). So essentially you get the carnauba look, for a good amount of time, while also being green and good to your car by using natural ingredients. Other than for Swissvax and Zymol, what other wax would you dare try to apply by hand. Real carnauba is supposedly expensive, but many products that claim to be carnauba maybe contain 10-15% by volume. If I had to guess, the rest of most products are fillers, polymers and the like. These "exclusive†waxes are part marketing machine, I agree, but those that have used them before, swear by them.

In my case, I am hoping to use it as a launching pad for more "high class" business.

Post Thanks / Like
    With all due respect, (aside from the obligatory paint preparation steps) I have seen substantial differences between lsp products. In the end, each user will have to justify which wax or lsp gives the results for their car. It is fair to say that there is a bit of markup in all products (not just the expensive zymols). In comparison to each product, you would want to judge each lsp by several categories: Quality of finish in terms of clarity, depth of shine, color rendition, and gloss (ranking in importance from clarity and depth to gloss).

You can also compare quantity of carnauba content, natural oils, and the amount of synthetic additives between waxes. You may also find that it could be very challenging to find out the specific composition between competing wax and lsp products; However the higher quality products tend to reveal specifically the composition of their products.

I find myself saying this often; The only way anyone will ever know if one product is actually superior in finish features as compared to its similarly priced competitors is to do a personal inspection with actual results and good digital photographs in different lighting sessions. The lsp that produces the clearest, most accurate and deepest finish, as well as having the best consistency of finish quality, is the one that justifies its price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    The carnauba content alone on the more expensive waxes is over 45% carnauba by volume. Plus Zymol claims to use a rare Brazilian carnauba wax within their formulation. Your lower end products are not going to contain this high amount of carnauba ingredients. Real carnauba is expensive, but many products that claim to be carnauba maybe contain 10-15% by volume.
    Grade 1 Yellow Brazilian Carnauba costs about $10-15/lb.

So-called `white` carnauba is #1 Yellow Carnauba chemically processed in a lab to make it white.

CG XXX HARD CORE Pure White Carnauba PASTE WAX contains 47% `white` carnauba - costs $22.

CG Pete`s 53` Signature Paste Wax contains 53% `white` carnauba - costs $53 but currently on special for $37.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t consider chemical guys a pure wax by its definition because its combined with polymers that makes up a significant portion of its composition. The 47 and 53% consistency of its carnauba content is (as I saw it...let me know if its different) is the percentage of the total carnauba content of that lsp, in which the other portion of the consistency is made up of synthetics.

You will find many heated debates about white carnauba, but yes (edit: according to my research) it is produced chemically from yellow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information