Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just took a small flake of the wax and waxed my model 67 Chevelle. This stuff goes a looongg way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate your thoughts. :up

As a side note - I thought it interesting to compare Zymol Vintage ingredients with CG Pete`s 53.

Vintage: ZYMOL VINTAGE GLAZE 22 oz - Zymol Worldwide

CG Pete`s 53: Contains White Carnauba Wax, Montan Oil, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Banana Oil, Propolis (derived from Bees wax), and formulated with a liquid crystal polymer for extended longevity and durability. HOW AND WHEN TO USE PASTE WAX

I believe there`s no comparison in results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Dean

Kind of a detailers "Myth Busters".

:argue

I like that. However it would only prove something to us and not have a bit of influence on the people who swear by it.

I for one, think that Souveran is overpriced, nerver mind Zymol. However if you wait around for the right sale you can get it at $40.00. Does it last long, heck no, but people love the look.

A test of different waxes, as far as looks, is too subjective and it may spawn many different opinions. Wax is just one of those subjects that will always be debated with no clear cut winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti

I believe there`s no comparison in results.

Again how can you make this statement when you have not tried them side-by-side.

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have said: I`m lead to believe there`s no comparison in results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...

Question. How do you know that a $2,000 dollar wax costs $50? I`ve never seen EGZymol Vintage go that low. Even their containers are a rip off. BTW: Zymol EG`s do not contain "Polymers" as a significant ingredient of the wax compound.

Two thousand dollars is ridiculous to some; But if the two thousand dollar wax produced the result and/or exceeded the expectation of said user, then that user may feel that it was worth it. You can`t justify price or purchase reasons for other people; Thus the saying is appropriate "Let the buyer beware."

Mike, I sure hope this one doesn`t go to 70+ pages lol!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    Wow...

Question. How do you know that a $2,000 dollar wax costs $50? I`ve never seen EGZymol Vintage go that low. Even their containers are a rip off. BTW: Zymol EG`s do not contain "Polymers" as a significant ingredient of the wax compound.

Two thousand dollars is ridiculous to some; But if the two thousand dollar wax produced the result and/or exceeded the expectation of said user, then that user may feel that it was worth it. You can`t justify price or purchase reasons for other people; Thus the saying is appropriate "Let the buyer beware."

Mike, I sure hope this one doesn`t go to 70+ pages lol!!!!!
    I need this one to go longer, the last one wasnt long enough... perhaps this one can go 70 pages andi can make a book of the two threads...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea,

maybe by that time we would`ve gotten up to the jag...

and hopefully I`d finally snag my friend accumulator into buying the "Wonder Ice."

hysterically lol!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fill me in. Does this happen everytime that a higher-end Zymol is mentioned in a thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost every time. To be fair, we have had some healthy discussions that have disclosed the excellent attributes of some of Zymol`s waxes.

Zymol has its fans and critics (I was one of their critics years and many wax trials ago). The best way to see how well an EG produces is to sample and evaluate its finish by comparing it to its rivals. The results will tell the story better than any pro/con debate.

Comparison shopping does have its benefits; Aside from the Zymols, you would be very surprised in how well other products perform given similar prep methods. As good as the Zymols are, there are times that even *I* would be hard pressed in calling it the best. If its so good, then how come it is so expensive and harder to reach for some users......meandering towards another debate perhaps.

I just like observing and admiring some of the Zymol`s abilities without the need of declaring it the "best." Different is a more fitting term.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    Almost every time. To be fair, we have had some healthy discussions that have disclosed the excellent attributes of some of Zymol`s waxes.

Zymol has its fans and critics (I was one of their critics years and many wax trials ago). The best way to see how well an EG produces is to sample and evaluate its finish by comparing it to its rivals. The results will tell the story better than any pro/con debate.

Comparison shopping does have its benefits; Aside from the Zymols, you would be very surprised in how well other products perform given similar prep methods. As good as the Zymols are, there are times that even *I* would be hard pressed in calling it the best. If its so good, then how come it is so expensive......meandering towards another debate perhaps.

I just like observing and admiring some of the Zymol`s abilities without the need of declaring it the "best." Different is a more fitting term.....

I guess that I will have to try it to see. I took a tiny flake of wax today and rubbed it between my fingers, it seems like a little really can cover a lot of area, so 8ozs should cover a fair amount of applications. :dance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    I guess that I will have to try it to see. I took a tiny flake of wax today and rubbed it between my fingers, it seems like a little really can cover a lot of area, so 8ozs should cover a fair amount of applications. :dance

I get from 20-25 applicatons per 8oz jar. i do however apply it thicker then i prob. need to.. i could easily see 30 coats if used spariingly

Post Thanks / Like
    I would still put money on the table and say if you have an amazingly prepared surface and divide a large hood into 5 or 6 sections and use a combo of $30-$100+ waxes, there would NOT be much of a difference at all. I just think when some spend HUGE amounts on wax thinking they`re buying some faaaar superior products, their eyes will see what they want it so see. Many can say I`m wrong but I have tested that theory with a handful of waxes and my hypothesis held true. Just sayin. In the end, buy whatever makes you happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    if that is your experience then by all means hold it as your truth.. if its what works for you then sweet, you save tons of the expensive waxes.

One comment i noticed however is you said yhe eyes will see what they want... do you think this held true on your test?

just playing devils advocate

Post Thanks / Like
    Hood shots don`t tell the whole story either. With carnaubas, the real story is the reflective range and color rendition differences. Standing point blank over the surface may not in fact reveal "War and Peace" novels between lsps.

Quarter panel vs. quarter panel, and natural light shots, however, can show more than you`d think otherwise...........

compare...........if you dare lol!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information