Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new Meg`s #16 and slightly used paste #26 and P21S. I took pictures here and as you can see, they don`t look okay. I shipped those from USA to Tokyo in April via airfreight. So, I don`t think they were frozen while in transit.

YS

Post Thanks / Like
    the #16 is normal, just swipe it a few times with applicator pad and the little bubbles will go away. as for the others, you can simply dump out the brittle pieces and just use it like normal, you should be fine...

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with you waxes. Have fun waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    They sure look dried up. Good to know they are still good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its normal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they are good. Put them in a microwave for about 45 seconds if you need to. Just be carefull. I put a can of Pin. Souveran in the microwave and fire erupted from the rubber o-ring I had forgotten about.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    good idea mdrx8! i mean if you dont trust yourself on the stove, it is a good alternative

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that`s how they look from new when we receive them in Australia...a bit broken up but work perfectly. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an old school style metal can of 476S (really small opening & microwave obviously not an option) and it was getting tough to get the applicator inside & make good contact with the sides to load it. I took a large (12\") frying pan, put in about 1/2\" - 3/4\" water and placed the open container in the middle. I used the large pan to avoid the possibility of any flame (gas stove) coming anywhere near the container.

I used a low-to-medium flame and as soon as the water started to boil the wax began melting. Turn off the heat & wax melting will continue because the water is near boiling, so let it cool and you\`re good to go. I used this wax for my winter prep in late Oct. and I\`m still getting incredible beading so nothing seems to be adversely affected by heating.

Sense of smell left me years ago so I can\`t tell you how it smelled but, if that\`s a problem, you could do the same procedure on an barbecue grill, just keep the cooking container LARGE to keep flames away from the wax.
    "Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they`re open"

2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe Satin Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    The double boiler method is probably much better than the microwave because you can control the heat easier.

To the OP: I`ve used wax when it looked like that before and it was fine; the only problem is that it`ll be more difficult to put down thin layers.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Idk, I think something is wrong with that #16. If you want, I will take it off your hands for free. That way you dont need to worry about throwing it away or anything. :xyxthumbs aypal: :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    The best way is to get a CHEAP small cooking pot from wally world. Take a spoon and remove the wax from it`s container. Set on stove at med/low it will melt quickly. As soon as it melts pour back into container and let harden. But I use the microwave for my Vintage and just make it soft enough to congeal (sp) ....... JUST BE CAREFUL !!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    WhatÂs in the bottle up to the right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried P21S today and it worked well. It was good to smell that P21S fragrance. For some reason, I like that smell when I am waxing my car with it.

Porta, that box on the right is called Triz, which is marketed in Japan. I have been using it since last October.

SOFT99 - ‚s‚q‚h‚yÂiÆ’gÆ’â Æ’CÆ’YÂj

It`s in Japanese, though. It`s like a tricked-out polymer type wax (i.e., more durable).
    YS

Post Thanks / Like
    Add a very small amount of Polycharger to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    The best way is to get a CHEAP small cooking pot from wally world. Take a spoon and remove the wax from it`s container. Set on stove at med/low it will melt quickly. As soon as it melts pour back into container and let harden. But I use the microwave for my Vintage and just make it soft enough to congeal (sp) ....... JUST BE CAREFUL !!!!
    MDRX8

Thread Information