Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I set out to do a quick clean up of a relatives SUV. The owners would willingly admit that they do nothing for it. As such, the interior/exterior hasn`t seen any attempt at cleaning since it rolled off the assembly line. I proceeded to wash with CG citus wash and gloss at cleanser strength or maybe even stronger. I expected a good bit of contaminants but was surprised when the CW&G didn`t completely clean the heavily soiled areas. Next I hit it with some clay. Clay Magic blue was no match and stepped up to Sonus grey. Same result, the white paint appears stained for a lack of a better way to describe. The lower panels along the running boards, rear door, and paint around the moonroof are noticeably different colors than the rest. One of the owners could even see the difference! I didn’t have any klasse with me but poli-seal did little to shift it either. Not to mention that I’m not thrilled to wreck a bunch of my pads (and possibly marring more than necessary with dirty pads) cleaning this mess with an AIO.

For now, I applied a coat of 845 to hold it over till spring when I will be visiting again.

Now I’m looking to prepare and get some ideas to tackle this issue. Any particular products that might be suggested? How about a decontamination kit? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by etml12
    Clay Magic blue was no match the white paint appears stained for a lack of a better way to describe. The lower panels along the running boards, rear door, and paint around the moonroof are noticeably different colors than the rest.

I`d try white washing it. I`d use a yellow bug brick with some APC and/or light water based compound. It sounds like the dirt & oils soaked in and stained the surface.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    While I`d start with a decontamination system, I wouldn`t expect it to really solve all the problems. IME they just don`t work miracles on vehicles that are past the "new car but with issues" point.

While I`ve never heard the term "white washing" used in this context, I *think* I know what David Fermani means and that would be what I`d try *after* seeing what ABC (or the FK equivalent) does.

A compound with strong chemical cleaners (Meg`s #2 used to be this way, dunno if it still is since the reformulation) would be the thing to use when mixing up the "whitewash" (assuming I really *am* on the same page as David Fermani).

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Mark-V`s Extreme Miracle Cleaner. It will clean that kind of film off the paint when mixed about 3-1 without the need to polish

Post Thanks / Like
    try megs #66...cleaner wax that has helped out some white cars that I have done in the past...the chemicals in it eat away oxidation and dirt IME

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a white 2003 GMC Envoy back in August that was in the same condition. Just deep down grimy looking white paint. When the CG CW didn`t clean it off I pulled out the FK1 1119 Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner. That stuff just made all that grime just melt off the car. I was amazed, very strong cleaning ability. It`s kind of expensive to use on every car so I save it for those really neglected cars where I just do not want to mess around with washing it countless times to get it clean enough where I won`t kill a whole clay bar and trash my pads.

If it were cheap enough I would use it to prep every car. But CG CW is more than sufficient for most cars I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charger17
    Try Mark-V`s Extreme Miracle Cleaner. It will clean that kind of film off the paint when mixed about 3-1 without the need to polish

Seems like an interesting product. Sounds really strong, but doesn`t harm the paint and is also bio-degradeable. Unlike normal high PH cleaners that I`ve used for this. It mentions spray it on and wash off, but I wonder if it can be scrubbed/aggitated if you water down the dilution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of the stuff. Link ??? Thanks sounds interesting. FK1USA.COM makes a decon kit.

Quote Originally Posted by charger17
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it doing a Google search of Mark V Extreme Miracle Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBAILEY
    I did a white 2003 GMC Envoy back in August that was in the same condition. Just deep down grimy looking white paint. When the CG CW didn`t clean it off I pulled out the FK1 1119 Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner. That stuff just made all that grime just melt off the car. I was amazed, very strong cleaning ability. It`s kind of expensive to use on every car so I save it for those really neglected cars where I just do not want to mess around with washing it countless times to get it clean enough where I won`t kill a whole clay bar and trash my pads.

If it were cheap enough I would use it to prep every car. But CG CW is more than sufficient for most cars I do.
    Interesting, the vehicle I was working on happened to be an 03 Envoy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I found it doing a Google search of Mark V Extreme Miracle Cleaner.
    I Googled the Mark V stuff as well. Are there any distributors in the states?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good luck with FK1 1119. Like i said they have a whole decon. kit available.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    While I`d start with a decontamination system, I wouldn`t expect it to really solve all the problems. IME they just don`t work miracles on vehicles that are past the "new car but with issues" point.

While I`ve never heard the term "white washing" used in this context, I *think* I know what David Fermani means and that would be what I`d try *after* seeing what ABC (or the FK equivalent) does.

A compound with strong chemical cleaners (Meg`s #2 used to be this way, dunno if it still is since the reformulation) would be the thing to use when mixing up the "whitewash" (assuming I really *am* on the same page as David Fermani).

Who`s ABC?

Post Thanks / Like
    bert31- Go here: Automotive International - Valugard Product Line and look around. "ABC" is their three-part decontamination system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator, I looked through the autoint and did a google search and get the following result " The item does not exist." for the ABC system. I assume this means it doesn`t exist for sale as a system per se. It is however listed separately (Part A = Acid Neutralizer, Part B = Alkaline Neutralizer, Part C = Ph balanced wash).

Also, additional discussion on this system can be found here .

I am still interested in either the FK or Valugard version but have some reservations. The main drawback to the valugard products is that it seems to only be available in 1 gallon sizes or larger. For a non-pro like myself I don`t really see the need for so much product (especially when I have so much other stuff). The most basic FK1 kit contains a gallon of the pre-cleaner, 31 oz. of Steel & Iron Rust Remover, and 31 oz. of wash. Is the first step of either of these products so effective it can`t be replaced by a through cleaning and IPA wipe down or some other home remedy? Also, I have no doubts that the Ph balanced wash offered by either manufacture is top notch. However, does it really differ from other more mainstream washes (i.e. ones that I may already have)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information