Post Thanks / Like
    Well im detailing my 06 tundra tomorrow... I have the mothers clay kit, meguiars NXT gen. liquid wax, and want to polish it too... what would you reccomend me get that autozone, advanced, or walmart sells?

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, are you looking for a paint cleaner to remove surface defects, or a polish (a wipe on, wipe off product) that just simply adds luster, but will not remove defects such as swirls, etching, or such? Are you working by hand or machine?

If you are working by hand, then be prepared to sacrifice a couple days and two dead arms. It really requires that much work to get the smallest gain, and many may not even consider it worth their time....trust me, I have done it, and unless you are working on black or red where you will see the most improvement, I would honestly skip the polishing by hand all together.

Your best bet, if you want to get a paint cleaner to remove minor paint imperfections or do spot touch ups, is Meguiar`s ScratchX. It can be had virtually anywhere and does the job. Remember though, that it only works if you work it! When I say work it, I mean work it! It may take a few applications, but it will get the job done. Mother`s makes a product just like this which works just as well, though I can`t recall the name off hand.

Now if you want a polish to simply add luster, then go grab some Meguiar`s Deep Crystal #2 Pure Polish or Meguiar`s #7 Show Car Glaze. These will hide minor imperfections for a short time, and will add depth and really bring out the color, but again, it is only a temporary shine, even when topped with a wax/sealant.

Thread Information