Post Thanks / Like
    Im sure a lot of you guys have tried this but if you havent... Ive been using Duragloss 111 on my polished aluminum wheels. People keep commenting on them. At night in a parking light the reflection off the street lights causing this weird light to be reflected onto the ground. Somebody asked me if they had lights in them once!

The wheels are relatively new and I have gone over them by hand pretty aggressively with a cleaner wax first. The 111 on the wheels will bead for about 4 months and after washing I occasionally shoot them with AW as well. The reason I thought to use 111 is firstly because I love the gloss it gives on paint and since theres no solvents or cleaners at all in it I thought it would be safe for polished aluminum (which is notoriously finicky).

Not a great pic, but you can see how they glow (almost gives them a white look there so bright.)

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    I myself have 3 coats of 111 on my chrome rims.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice , I`ve actually gone to #111 on my paint too as well as my clear coated rims.

Damn I miss my Stang !!!!!! It was a vert too. I had an 00GT Silver 5M , and then sold that and bought the Cobra , now I sold that too , honestly liked my GT better and miss it a lot more. ALTHOUGH my Cobra was pushing huge HP numbers over the GT. Sorry to get off topic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah there fun no doubt. You can make big HP numbers for not a lot of $$$ as well. 03/04 cobra is the way to go too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MustangGTVert
    Yeah there fun no doubt. You can make big HP numbers for not a lot of $$$ as well. 03/04 cobra is the way to go too.

What do you use on your paint ?

I`m tossed between the 105/111 combo w/AW , or using M21 w/ 425 on my 4R which is metallic grey.

Post Thanks / Like
    That pic up top is just 3 coats of 111. The combo I usually use is 111/PW, amazing gloss, depth and durability plus those have to be the two easiest to use products in the world.

I like to experiment with diff combos though. Ive got a metallic forest green explorer thats got 105/S100, and FK2180 on some panels.

I love that 425 also. Doesnt clean quite as well as some QD`s but that slickness is awesome. I still havent tried DG921 as a QD, but if it protects like AW, Im sold. I like AW if im in a time crunch, but usually I will re-apply a nuba frequently on the black mustang.

I always used to use Megs Gold Class a long time ago, and then I was using Liquid Glass all the time, and Zaino some..... and then I found this place. The first two other companies Ive tried Ive loved, DG and FK so I use them a lot.

I just ordered the PC7424 and SIP with 106ff, some pads, the whole nine yards, so my paints about to be lookin awesome.

Sitting around waiting to get used Ive got NXT 2.0, and FK303 and 2180 sample sizes so I will try and work them in somehow. I want to try Souvern soon, and Nattys as well as some of the other boutique brands.

As you can tell Im a complete car nut, Im getting more obssessed with detailing lately thanks to this place, but my first true love is going FAST. I used to spend the summers in North Jersey as a kid with my uncle who restored 65 Chryslers (he had 3 of them, one convertible) and as a first car my father bought me a 1985 Nissan 300ZX. When I was 16 my cousins husband tossed me the keys for the weekend (insane!) to his 3 year old Porsche 911 Turbo race car (larger turbo, full roll cage, not street legal, 600hp) and ever since then Ive been a car guy. I`ll spend all night in the garage till the sun comes up tinkering with this or that, and I regularly help friends on there car projects happily and free of charge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like got the bug! Have you watched any of the Barrett Jackson auction on Speed?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all those cars. There wasn`t a single car sold that I wouldn`t drive the hell out of.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Chemical Guys Blitz Acrylic Spray Sealant on my chrome rims. Looks and works great.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MustangGTVert
    That pic up top is just 3 coats of 111. The combo I usually use is 111/PW, amazing gloss, depth and durability plus those have to be the two easiest to use products in the world.

I like to experiment with diff combos though. Ive got a metallic forest green explorer thats got 105/S100, and FK2180 on some panels.

I love that 425 also. Doesnt clean quite as well as some QD`s but that slickness is awesome. I still havent tried DG921 as a QD, but if it protects like AW, Im sold. I like AW if im in a time crunch, but usually I will re-apply a nuba frequently on the black mustang.

I always used to use Megs Gold Class a long time ago, and then I was using Liquid Glass all the time, and Zaino some..... and then I found this place. The first two other companies Ive tried Ive loved, DG and FK so I use them a lot.

I just ordered the PC7424 and SIP with 106ff, some pads, the whole nine yards, so my paints about to be lookin awesome.

Sitting around waiting to get used Ive got NXT 2.0, and FK303 and 2180 sample sizes so I will try and work them in somehow. I want to try Souvern soon, and Nattys as well as some of the other boutique brands.

As you can tell Im a complete car nut, Im getting more obssessed with detailing lately thanks to this place, but my first true love is going FAST. I used to spend the summers in North Jersey as a kid with my uncle who restored 65 Chryslers (he had 3 of them, one convertible) and as a first car my father bought me a 1985 Nissan 300ZX. When I was 16 my cousins husband tossed me the keys for the weekend (insane!) to his 3 year old Porsche 911 Turbo race car (larger turbo, full roll cage, not street legal, 600hp) and ever since then Ive been a car guy. I`ll spend all night in the garage till the sun comes up tinkering with this or that, and I regularly help friends on there car projects happily and free of charge!

So you to coat the 111 with Pink Wax ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy
    So you to coat the 111 with Pink Wax ?

Yes. They work great together. Looks really wet.

Ive watched the auctions some, great cars. Some of those guys have way too much money though. LOL.

Thread Information