Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zymol qustion?

Post Thanks / Like
    HALLO all members

my car new black metallic charger have some like little orange peel ,its normal this new paint system , and iused many carnuba ,test in surface zymol concourse zymol destiny ,souveran ,p21 .

iused clay + colorx+pure farecla glaze no need more .

really i found some souveran hide the orange peel more than 50% even i apply 2 coats no more orange peel with more depth

my issue with destiny i love this wax but iapplyed 3 coats wait 12-24 between coats

coat after coat the level of shine go up 50% but idont no why after 3 coats of destiny the surface show more orang peel .... maybe iuse too much? maybe beacuse i forgat the second coat stay more than 30 min ? or zymol and swissol product after every 2 coats need pre wax again ??!!

some said when use swissol wax 2 coat no more , if you would apply the theard coat should pre wax is this true? and zymol have same way?

thanks

sorry ibout my E.g.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi
    HALLO all members

my car new black metallic charger have some like little orange peel ,its normal this new paint system , and iused many carnuba ,test in surface zymol concourse zymol destiny ,souveran ,p21 .

iused clay + colorx+pure farecla glaze no need more .

really i found some souveran hide the orange peel more than 50% even i apply 2 coats no more orange peel with more depth

my issue with destiny i love this wax but iapplyed 3 coats wait 12-24 between coats

coat after coat the level of shine go up 50% but idont no why after 3 coats of destiny the surface show more orang peel .... maybe iuse too much? maybe beacuse i forgat the second coat stay more than 30 min ? or zymol and swissol product after every 2 coats need pre wax again ??!!

some said when use swissol wax 2 coat no more , if you would apply the theard coat should pre wax is this true? and zymol have same way?

thanks

sorry ibout my E.g.

Hi there Maxi,

I have a question for you, where did you find detailing products in Qatar?

I am asking because a friend of mine wants to know who lives in Saudi Arabia

I send him products regularly so thats why we want to know, Thanks

As far as orange peel and wax, carnaubas hide better than sealants in my experince

but the hiding is very minor that is almost unnoticeable,

Swissol is now called Swissvax "They changed the name because of law suit from Zymol"

you can apply more than 2 coats of Swissvax Concorso for example 3 or 4 times before

having to strip it off and redo the process of cleaner fluid + Swissvax wax of any type.

Take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Houdini
    Hi there Maxi,

I have a question for you, where did you find detailing products in Qatar?

I am asking because a friend of mine wants to know who lives in Saudi Arabia

I send him products regularly so thats why we want to know, Thanks

As far as orange peel and wax, carnaubas hide better than sealants in my experince

but the hiding is very minor that is almost unnoticeable,

Swissol is now called Swissvax "They changed the name because of law suit from Zymol"

you can apply more than 2 coats of Swissvax Concorso for example 3 or 4 times before

having to strip it off and redo the process of cleaner fluid + Swissvax wax of any type.

Take care

ABOUT your first qustion zymol ,p21,other carnuba ,i make order from internet site.

in qatar or saudi cant found carnuba ,the pepole here dont give importanat think:nixweiss about carnuba genraly wax or carcare this not big issue( ) ..>>3m ,autoglym ,farecla product avaliable here , and meguairs have agood sound in saudi and other gulf country

if y have any qustions :welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxi- Perhaps the same characteristics that make the Zymol look so good on excellent paint are making it show orange peel- with the Destiny you see what is really there.

The Souveran is probably less "pure" and it distorts the appearance just enough to help hide the orange peel.

I`d reserve the Destiny for high-quality paints with no orange peel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Maxi- Perhaps the same characteristics that make the Zymol look so good on excellent paint are making it show orange peel- with the Destiny you see what is really there.

The Souveran is probably less "pure" and it distorts the appearance just enough to help hide the orange peel.

mayby because i dont put the jar (destiny) in refrigerate ,but its in cold room .

souveran more clarity ...but its soo warm color very very black i like use to 2 coat

accumlator y right souveran not hide metalic flesk but in same time is not show more metalic flesk . really i like souveran shine when drive the car in eveing time .

Post Thanks / Like

What my friend said Maxi.

The zymols play on a different field. Your paint has to have its "A" game face on before dealing with the zymols. The EGs in particular will show ALL of your good and bad paint qualities. I wouldn`t worry that much with the op, as you will need to layer the destiny progressively. Eventually you should get a very deep finish if you take your time.

Remember......no products under the zymol. I am a bit concerned with the colorx and glaze. It should only be polishing and/or cleaning products b4 a zymol. You may also need to see whether you will need more aggressive polishes for the paint. Its been my experience that OP, although unsightly, greatly benefits from building up layers of wax. Its my opinion that in time you can accumulate several layers of a wax and benefit from a deeper looking finish, provided that you can keep the paint clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    What my friend said Maxi.

The zymols play on a different field. Your paint has to have its "A" game face on before dealing with the zymols. The EGs in particular will show ALL of your good and bad paint qualities. I wouldn`t worry that much with the op, as you will need to layer the destiny progressively. Eventually you should get a very deep finish if you take your time.

Remember......no products under the zymol. I am a bit concerned with the colorx and glaze. It should only be polishing and/or cleaning products b4 a zymol. You may also need to see whether you will need more aggressive polishes for the paint. Its been my experience that OP, although unsightly, greatly benefits from building up layers of wax. Its my opinion that in time you can accumulate several layers of a wax and benefit from a deeper looking finish, provided that you can keep the paint clean.

i agree the paint of dodge not have good qualitiy and ithink if the paint not have good clarity dont apply too much beacuse this show more defect but if the paint 100% have clarity coat of paint and laquer you can layer and layer ...yes lbls1?! , i waxed my car with many wax tried what is the best i will remove and cleaning surface again after 1 or 2 month , lbls1 what y opinion for my future steps ?

meguairs 83#

meguairs 9#

meguairs 7#

prewax

wax

really i dont like use compound but i will search for low dust compound. idont know if 83# its have good cut power or i need more aggessive like 84 # 85#.

Post Thanks / Like
    lbls1 ithink best product to show the good or bad qualitiy of paint ...its zymol concourse more depth and show more defect like orange peel but ithink this wax not sutiable for some new modern paint if y have have like orange peel ..genraly some like orange peel show more when use wax make the car darker like concourse.

the proplem in paint not in wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    MMM let`s test my rusty memory. Maxi, I wouldn`t put down the dodges if I were you. We have a very dedicated dodge owner here at autopia that uses EGZ Vintage, and he may not take the pokes at the paint quality too kindly :nono j/k. Also, gm products have LOTS of orange peel, so you could say that I have had my share of it!!

Let`s see: #83 is the aggressive polish right??? Look up #80 or something. You want a polish that will remove swirls and moderate defects without going to compound strength, and without adding fillers. One of those meg polishes I believe will have some fillers (not sure which one so check out the review section).

The next product should be a finishing polish that will get rid of the haze from the aggressive polish as well as cleaning up any unsettled areas and any left over micromarring. Follow the finish polish with the paint cleaner, which should clean up all of the lingering polish residue.

What I like to do after the polishing is done is to go over the surface with an acrylic spritz just to add to the cleaning and also adds a nice spice to the paint w/o rendering the finish. Some of us use an alchie water mix, but also if the paint is absolutely clean after the polish and paint cleaner, you can even skip this step. This is what I call the lubricating step b4 the wax.

Now, when the paint is absolutely clean, then apply the zymol. The first coat should dry for a day (12 hrs min.) and then apply the second coat. You should be done after this, and going forward you can add the zymol layers at your leisure. I would advise that you don`t use QD`s until your zymol layers have been on the car for at least a month and a half (that`s my personal recommendation).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    . Maxi, use QD`s until your zymol layers have been on the car for at least a month and a half (that`s my personal recommendation).

nice info i will not use qd , iremember when iuse autoglym super resin polish 3x by hand the AG REMOVE OR DESABIRE ORANGE PEEL IN NISSAN PATHFINDER , MAYBE IWILL USE COMPUND LIKE AUTO GLYM OR FARECLA G3, FOR BEST RESULT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxi- While lbls1 would say "nothing under the Zymol", I will say that (I think) the Autoglym SRP would be better under Zymol than Meguiar`s #7.

SRP + Souveran gives a very special appearance IMO, perhaps not something that you can duplicate with other products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maxi- While lbls1 would say "nothing under the Zymol", I will say that (I think) the Autoglym SRP would be better under Zymol than Meguiar`s #7.

SRP + Souveran gives a very special appearance IMO, perhaps not something that you can duplicate with other products.

And what`s so special about autoglym srp??? What is SRP while I`m asking........

Bettr than Vintaaaaaaghe???? hmmm *heh heh* lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`lbls1`]And what`s so special about autoglym srp??? What is SRP while I`m asking........

SRP=Super Resin Polish

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

SRP is from Autoglym and is a British product, its extremely good at filling and is an AIO.

Maxi, my approach to Destiny is a machine polish with a non sealing product, in this case 4Star SMR. That way the paint is defect free and chemically clean, then i apply RMG either by hand or machine then top with 1 x Destiny. Then a week later Destiny x2.

I dont have full shots of this car with Destiny as the weather has turned bad (im in the United Kingdom), more i was showing the tyre dressing!

But i have orange peel as you can see and Zymol doesnt hide it.

If you look in the top right of this pic you can see the awesome reflection this Destiny gives.

These are more winter pics

I dont know what finish you want but thats what i get on pearl dark grey.

Sorry the pics are not best quality but the short days and weather.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok another ques...

Is it a filler type of polish, or if its like an AIO, does it act like a sealant?

The destiny results look good; Have you compared SRP & Destiny vs. Destiny and just a straight polish?

Its hard to judge potential just by the pics alone, so I`d like to hear your opinion if you`ve compared both.

As always, the look of your car is a result of your expectation(s), but its been my experience that the EG`s possess a very wild depth and color response when its paired only with prepped paint. If this SRP is of a lightweight consistency (meaning that it basically polishes and contains mild fillers) then I`d say it could be a viable match with an EG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information