Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings from the land of ice and snow! It is 12 fargin` degrees here in Chicago, YIKES!!

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) What product will remove contaminents better (or equal to) than claying a deeply contaminated surface (reason against clay, dropping that sucker once and I will LOSE it and it will become a 90mph fastball into the backyard!) (heh, italian temper

2) your favorite wash to use and why (we have well water here so use a water softner, no, I just cannot spend $450 for a water filter sprayer.)(if that makes me an infidel- so be it)

3) What products will give me the deepest wettest looking shine that is not too unreasonable for a newbie to handle.

4) The interior roof looks like a herd of squirrels with muddy paws played soccer on it, what would you clean it with, what do you like for heavily soiled carpets

5) what do you like to put on plastic surface (like radio face or heat vents) to make them look nice.

6) Tires and chrome stuffshiner/cleaner.

I am restoring a 97 Cadillac Seville that sat for two years thats in good shape but FILTHY!!!! And is a beautiful metallic candy apple red! I will spend money on great products rather than be cheap and get crummy results, example the cleaning power of

Lexol on leather-nonexistant and its allegedly one of the best.

:thx

cheri

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cirruskye
    Greetings from the land of ice and snow! It is 12 fargin` degrees here in Chicago, YIKES!!

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) What product will remove contaminents better (or equal to) than claying a deeply contaminated surface (reason against clay, dropping that sucker once and I will LOSE it and it will become a 90mph fastball into the backyard!) (heh, italian temper

2) your favorite wash to use and why (we have well water here so use a water softner, no, I just cannot spend $450 for a water filter sprayer.)(if that makes me an infidel- so be it)

3) What products will give me the deepest wettest looking shine that is not too unreasonable for a newbie to handle.

4) The interior roof looks like a herd of squirrels with muddy paws played soccer on it, what would you clean it with, what do you like for heavily soiled carpets

5) what do you like to put on plastic surface (like radio face or heat vents) to make them look nice.

6) Tires and chrome stuffshiner/cleaner.

I am restoring a 97 Cadillac Seville that sat for two years thats in good shape but FILTHY!!!! And is a beautiful metallic candy apple red! I will spend money on great products rather than be cheap and get crummy results, example the cleaning power of

Lexol on leather-nonexistant and its allegedly one of the best.

:thx

cheri

You asked a long question...with quite subjective answers depending on who you ask

1. Your clay question- Chemical guys has bulk clay for a decent price, break it up in pieces so if you drop one you can toss it and start fresh. As far bonded contaminants theres not really a better way to remove them than clay.

2. I like chemical guys citrus washn gloss and their maxi suds II and meguiars gold class(which you should be able to buy locally). As far as hard water you need to carefully dry the car so you dont get water spots BUT there are inline water filters available that should help a little

3. As far as deep wet shine, you will read this all over the place, Its in the paint prep. There are tons of threads on pad/polish combos and last step products, use the search function.

4. Roof liners you need to be careful as you dont want to pull it off the adhesive. Ask others but I have had success with gentle cleaners and a sorta wipe method, but keep in mind it might be surface dirt as opposed to deep stuff so see what you can get out first. For carpets Megs Quik Out and some folex are my go to stuff. The Megs stuff I found (NOICE) for like $2 a bottle locally. Folex is at home depot and kmart and the like.

5. For vents you can use any sort of soft brush with an interior cleaner (diluted APC, megs QID etc.) something of that sort and use the brush bristles to get in them. Stay away from silicone stuff like armorall they attract dirt and leave stuff sorta greasy. And make sure its clean and not just coated with something for appearance

6. Tires/chrome/wheels- just use the search function, again there is tons of stuff

Good luck- and start learning read and read some more- and watch out for the OCD bug...

Thread Information