Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Scholl is a name not mentioned much around here. Tell me about them and where can they be purchased in the USA. The few post I run across on various forums, the user really likes them. Thanks.....ZOOM-ZOOM.......
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, MDRX8, Scholl Concepts has a similar mission and product range as Menzerna. They are working together with car manufacturers and they have focused on very quick, hologram free defect removal. Here in Hungary, the Audi plant in Győr, and the Suzuki plant in Esztergom uses them.

The S17, which is the core product in their range, covers 80-90% of all correction issues. It is designed to remove 2000-grit sanding scratches in less than 15 seconds. You can use it with wool to correct relatively heavy defects, but also, you can slap on a black finishing pad to finish it flawlessly. Of course, their finishing polishes will kick up the gloss even better.

I have limited experience with their stronger compounds so I can`t say much. Also I`ve tried their waxes only a couple of times. After 2-3 coats, they look really nice, but I have no idea of their durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the S17 on a section of my Jeep and it removed the mild swirls with ease and very fast. It takes 3M X-cut longer to do what this does. S17 finishes off way better. It does cut fast with ease and seems very forgiving, especially seeing that I used it in 40 degree weather and had no reaction at all.

I will be doing a full test on Saturday when I have more time. The real test is my truck... We will see. Fingers crossed.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan, how much product was need per section? same as say menzerna or a little less like optimum?

Post Thanks / Like
    About the same as SIP or maybe a couple drops more. Did not gum up and acted very smooth operating. Saturday will be the torture test.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the products for sale to the general public?
    MDRX8

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I try emailing the company a few times about 9 months ago for samples but never got a reply from them, always wanted to try it. Can`t wait for a review and also someone please try a small area using their PC or UDM would like to know. I know it`s for a rotory but i like to know how it does .....Thanks.....Angelo
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scholl concepts have a very nice range of products. S17 is a very versatile product just what Bence said. My favourites are S3, S17 and S30+ and they are comparable to Menzerna Powergloss, RD3.02 and PO106FA.

Top notch products!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they all specifically for rotarys? I haven`t made it up to one yet but would like to try it out with my flex and see what happens. If it doesnt work as good or as fast, it might be time to step up to a rotary. One thing at a time though. Any word as to when they will be available to us here in the states?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay - it doesn`t really matter whether it was made to work with rotaries or not. You can break it down just fine with the pc (Like sip/106). So imagine what happens with the flex.

OF COURSE IT WILL WORK.

Order it from the company direct if you have to have it. However, with what you have you should be fine.

Do you think it will make a very big difference? I doubt it.

M2C

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    Are they all specifically for rotarys? I haven`t made it up to one yet but would like to try it out with my flex and see what happens. If it doesnt work as good or as fast, it might be time to step up to a rotary. One thing at a time though. Any word as to when they will be available to us here in the states?

PS: no polish works as fast with a DA as with a rotary. Even with the rotary, one detailer maybe much faster than the other guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. I don`t HAVE to have it, much like with a lot of things talked about here. I WANT to have it. LOL. I will wait for more posts about it and maybe once I run out of the Optimum stuff I have I will look into it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Scholl Concepts S17, S30+ and S40 works great with DA. S17 have the longest working time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5
    I try emailing the company a few times about 9 months ago for samples but never got a reply from them, always wanted to try it. Can`t wait for a review and also someone please try a small area using their PC or UDM would like to know. I know it`s for a rotory but i like to know how it does .....Thanks.....Angelo

Scholl Concepts S17, S30+ and S40 works great with DA. S17 have the longest working time.

This is a detail I did only with Scholl compounds

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...ghlight=scholl

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks porta, missed this post on the Scholl, it came out wonderful the finish on the BMW. Hope someone picks up this product line in the states soon, i have to try this and maybe add it to my supplies.....:up
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information