Post Thanks / Like
    is this comparable to ONR?

i don`t really like how it leaves a wax behind, but i hear that this stuff is good

any opinions/info?

thanks
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JBs
    is this comparable to ONR?

i don`t really like how it leaves a wax behind, but i hear that this stuff is good

any opinions/info?

thanks

I myself like it it, but why dont you want it to leave wax behind?

Be care ful with it, if you ae testing to see if you get swirls from using it (you know, grinding dirt around etc...) they will not (at first) show up under halogens because ONE has a lot of fillers, it does indeed mask the swirls it creates (if it creates any, which means you used it on a car that was too dirty for just a spray and wipe product).

Basically the product itself will not swirl, but if you use it on a car that is too dirty you will get loads of swirls that will not show up at first, this stuff really hides swirls well!

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I use it as a finish enhancer, not as a cleaner. ONR is my cleaner. Then I go back over with ONE. There are several products that say to use on a dirty surface but I don`t trust them. I use ONR first then the product.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    For me I use it as a finish enhancer, not as a cleaner. ONR is my cleaner. Then I go back over with ONE. There are several products that say to use on a dirty surface but I don`t trust them. I use ONR first then the product.
    Do you just mist the surface and then wipe as if using a QD or do you still follow their directions?

I don`t trust any of these spray on wipe off dry wash type of products or should I say it is the method I do not like. I use a ss mitt and QEW which I am guessing is the same as ONR.

I do have a bottle of ONR that they gave out when it was released but it turned from blue to yellow, is this stuff still anygood? I wanted to try it out this winter before I renew my supply of QEW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried ONE on a very dusty car. Even though I sprayed a LOT onto the paint, it still did not clean the car well. I felt like I was really marring the car. I didn`t like how dirty my towels got either, they were black! throwing them into the washer is like.. something I don`t want to do again.. I expected ONE to be easier than ONR, but I think quite the opposite is true.

I don`t really see the time savings on a waterless wash either. You end up with tons of dirty towels that you have to wash and dry and fold up. That takes time, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t really see the time savings on a waterless wash either. You end up with tons of dirty towels that you have to wash and dry and fold up. That takes time, too.[/QUOTE]

if i lived in a warm climate i probibly wouldn`t own onr either, but trust me it`s no fun turning you driveway into a sheet of ice, tring to wash your car on a warm winter day.

with onr i wouldn`t think you would need more towels that an regular hand wash?
    For some reason i didn`t think a black car would be that bad...:hairpull

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3wide
    if i lived in a warm climate i probibly wouldn`t own onr either, but trust me it`s no fun turning you driveway into a sheet of ice, tring to wash your car on a warm winter day.

with onr i wouldn`t think you would need more towels that an regular hand wash?

I was talking about ONE when I said waterless wash. ONR is rinseless. I do like to use ONR. It cleans well and does not leave me with dirty towels. I just don`t like to use ONE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the directions for each product. I had a bottle Onr that did the same thing. But it is still good to use. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by z06meister
    Do you just mist the surface and then wipe as if using a QD or do you still follow their directions?

I don`t trust any of these spray on wipe off dry wash type of products or should I say it is the method I do not like. I use a ss mitt and QEW which I am guessing is the same as ONR.

I do have a bottle of ONR that they gave out when it was released but it turned from blue to yellow, is this stuff still anygood? I wanted to try it out this winter before I renew my supply of QEW.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys, I just picked up a gallon of ONR, going to try it out tomorrow.

I will try ONE later on when i have some extra $$

thanks!
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    When using ONE or ONR I always go over the car quickly with a Calif duster then proceed. I have never found any marring or swirls from ONE and I use it a lot. I also use ONR a lot and never had any problems either. I just recently started putting a capful of Z7 in with my ONR and it works great. I have also done the ONR first and follow with ONE and that works great too. I have also used these products in 15-20 degree weather with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dogma
    When using ONE or ONR I always go over the car quickly with a Calif duster then proceed. I have never found any marring or swirls from ONE and I use it a lot. I also use ONR a lot and never had any problems either. I just recently started putting a capful of Z7 in with my ONR and it works great. I have also done the ONR first and follow with ONE and that works great too. I have also used these products in 15-20 degree weather with no problems.

I used to think ONE caused no marring, I would polish out my car (using no fillers) then use ONE a few times and see no marring. Then, a few weeks (or rains) later the fillers in ONE would wash off and I would see the marring in the pattern of my MF cloth

However, this does not mean ONE is bad. Just be careful how you use it, and IMO going over the car with a duter first is the best way. Contrary to popular autopian opinion, you can use a california duster with no marring. This is done by holding the duster above the paint and jiggling it lightly. My car is solid black, no metallic and I get ZERO marring when using the california duster like this. Now if you do what most do, and let the weight of the duster sit on the paint nd drag it around, YES you will get marring.

For pollen, I use the cali duster and then follow with ONE, for winter salt I use heavy amounts of ONR. Of course, this is only my car; my customer`s cars all still get washed with a pressure washer unless it is a just a touch up of an already detailed-by-me car, then I know I can use ONR and get everything off with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    Follow the directions for each product. I had a bottle Onr that did the same thing. But it is still good to use. Good Luck
    Thanks, what is the mixing ratio? I have a 2oz bottle, how much water should I add to that?

Thread Information