Post Thanks / Like
    Is WheelWax that much more different that a quality wax ?

I`ve about to do a snow tire changed on new winter wheels.....

I`m leaning on Klasse SG as I don`t use that anymore or AIO. Have not touched these products in maybe 2 yrs..borderline 3 yrs.

Other waxes in my lineup that I would consider for this app

Collonite 476 and 845

Optiseals

Meg #16

Z2

Having never used WheelWax, is this truely some revolutionary product for Wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Any of your recommendations are good, i would not to go by a wheel wax when you have a decent sealant on hand. KG over a sutable cleaner product and if possible after claying will last and make wheel cleaning a breeze.

I would try 885 Fleet Wax from Collinite, much cheaper and all the looks of 476s.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    I put AJ on my wheels, awesome stuff. When washing all I do is spray some ONR (QD/Clay solution) rinse and that`s it. They wash off completly clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys wheel sealent

FTW..

this stuff rocks...

best hands down..

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a modified answer I’ve given before on this site:

I used Wheel Wax too and liked it when I was able to clean regularly, but heavy dust accumulation, excessively hard braking, cheap brake pads and/or heavy loads will generate dust much hotter than ‘normal’ and will degenerate the wax pretty easily.

Now I use Rejex – little pricey but it goes a long way, but I’ve never had such easy clean-up after it’s been applied correctly. I say “correctly’ as the prep is soooo very important.

I’m a little anal and like when the back of the rim is as clean as the face, it really gives the rims depth when mounted on the cars, so I took the rims off the car.

Started with a light grade compound by hand to restore the rough & ‘bruised’ areas. Then Mothers Power Ball over the whole rim with the same compound but generously misted with denatured water as I went. This was my first time using the Power Ball, and I strongly suggest you use a variable speed drill, and NEVER run it at full speed!!!! With some quick passes you`ll be amazed (I was) at the immediate results. With a different Power Ball, I switched to the Sonus Step 2, another ball to the Sonus Step 3.

Waxed the rims with P21S, let the rims sit for 4 days, waxed again, waited 5 days, and applied 2 applications of Rejex one day apart. They gleam better than new!

The maintenance on them is a blast of the hose and wipe-down of the left over wash in the bucket after washing the car and I`m done! They shine, they`re protected, and the finish is so slick brake dust barely accumulates.

If you’re as anal as I am and have an air compressor, you can (just about) blow the dust off the rims after a hard days driving with this technique. It won`t be as good as a thorough cleaning, but it sure seems to help with the maintenance.

The first time is a lot of work, but the time I save in cleaning them now is worth all the prep time I put in. I apply a new coat of Rejex every month (very easy to put on and take off), and I love the results.

Hope this helps.
    SaintlySins

Post Thanks / Like
    I use either 845 or OS on my wheels and get great results with both, tried EXP, wasn`t to impressed with that on wheels... It really depends on the wheel design more than anything when I choose between the 2. Break dust and dirt rolls right off when you hit them with a hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use wheel wax but I also use other products. Most recently was JW Prime and AJ. This worked pretty well. A benefit of wheel wax is it will remove junk washing doesn`t always get off the wheel (like tar, etc) when you apply it. You already have plenty of products you can apply so I`d just use them.

Saintlysins: Blowing off the brakedust probably isn`t the healthiest thing you can do. Unless you`re wearing a respirator. Just be careful.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reminder AUDICOUPEJ ... I`ve been around the racing circuits for years (1978) and know all too well how bad that could be to inhale, but for some reason I hadn`t applied it to my own detailing! Maybe that`s a side effect the brake-dust has on memory ... :think2
    SaintlySins

Thread Information