Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Has no one decided to fill the void and buy/market elastic clay again?

I really don`t want to rehash the experts` consesus here...so I`ll make a quick statement of fact - elastic type clay lasts longer and marrs less than the non-elastic counterparts (the only people that argue otherwise didn`t get a chance to use the Opti-Clay).

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the issue supposedly stems from a supplier needing to order 10,000 bars at a time. Other than needing to pay automagic a small fee, I don`t think the lawsuit is really an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think with all of the law suites you won`t see any elastic again until the patents run out on Claymagic.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say Danase is right, you won`t see any new elastic clay until the patent runs out. Autopia still has some bars left if you`re willing to pay the price ($22.50):

SmartClay - Premium Car Detail Clay Bar
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I missed your second post since we posted at the same time. I don`t think it has to do with the order quantity. I don`t even think anyone is making the elastic any longer so who would they even get it from?

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that elastic was the way to go, and it`s a shame that clay quality in general has taken a downturn because of one company`s greed. One of my favorite clays and practically the only kind I used, was elastic and it was the best stuff I had ever used. Clay Magic and the like couldn`t hold a candle, IMO. I guess when you`re scared that the competition has a superior product, you seek to eliminate the competition, even if it means the consumer loses. Gotta love it
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    I agree that elastic was the way to go, and it`s a shame that clay quality in general has taken a downturn because of one company`s greed...I guess when you`re scared that the competition has a superior product, you seek to eliminate the competition, even if it means the consumer loses. Gotta love it

:nixweiss You`re talking about the patent process and a company being able to protect their patented invention. If it was a little guy who was protecting himself against a big conglomerate, would you make the same statement? If this was simply a competition issue, then I might agree with your above statement, but it`s not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Detailplus website says they have elastic clay...I have never used it so I can`t say weather it is good or not but I seen it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried the Wolfgang Clay? It says it`s "elastic" FWIW. :nixweiss
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    Where does Schlegel Gray Ghost clay fit in? Is it any good? Its a bit hard to work with unless its really warm, but seems to work well. It holds up well to car wash/water solution for lube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAG

I really don`t want to rehash the experts` consesus here...so I`ll make a quick statement of fact - elastic type clay lasts longer and marrs less than the non-elastic counterparts

I`m not sure what your doing when you clay, but Auto Magic blue clay doesn`t marr the finish when used properly. Your not giving factual accurate information.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I`d say Danase is right, you won`t see any new elastic clay until the patent runs out. Autopia still has some bars left if you`re willing to pay the price ($22.50):

SmartClay - Premium Car Detail Clay Bar
    Anyone know what size the SmartClay bar is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    I agree that elastic was the way to go, and it`s a shame that clay quality in general has taken a downturn because of one company`s greed. One of my favorite clays and practically the only kind I used, was elastic and it was the best stuff I had ever used. Clay Magic and the like couldn`t hold a candle, IMO. I guess when you`re scared that the competition has a superior product, you seek to eliminate the competition, even if it means the consumer loses. Gotta love it

Clay quality has taken a downturn because all the detailing supply companies wanted their own formulation from Auto Wax. They couldn`t leave good enough alone. Now when people use a hybrid bar of clay and it works differently, they end up bashing it. I don`t think their needs to be any more that 2-3 different grades of clay produced. That`s also what I was told by my friend at Auto Magic. I seriously doubt a company of Auto Wax`s size lost any real significant world or U.S. market share with a competitior`s clay in the market place. I`d be willing to bet that the enthusiast market is a small minority of the real marketshare in the detailing industry. And i`d be willing to bet that Auto Wax sells more clay to 1 large dealerhip franchise than all the people on the forum that use clay combined.

If Auto Wax clay can easily remove contaminants, not marr the finish, not strip wax and last on several applications, how can ANY OTHER type of clay be that much better?? Unless elastic clay comes with a person to do the work for you, I don`t see it being a magical wonder product.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by velobard
    Anyone know what size the SmartClay bar is?

Near-worthless answer: about the same size as the Sonus Green, or at least they look about the same to me. Sorry, that`s the best I can do

Reminds me that I need to order a bunch of it while they still have some, I really like that stuff for jobs that are beyond the Sonus Green but don`t require something as aggressive as the Sonus gray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the 4 star clay any good? Has anyone had experience with it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information