Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess i can add to the convo... just leased a 2008 honda crv, they had the cilajet application on the outside and wheels. having bought the car prior to the application and seen the after, i have to say it looks like an incredible wax job. I`ve now had the car for two weeks and gone through several rainstorms here in the DC area and the dirt just falls off with a light brush of the finger and manages to keep a silky shine. For someone who waxed his old car twice in 8 years, I need all the help I can get. it remains to be seen the long term value of cilajet. i found this discussion googling for cilajet, but theres just not that much info on it as far as i can tell.

Post Thanks / Like
    "cilajetâ„¢ continues to protect your vehicle for as long as you own it"

Does this mean it stops protecting once you sell it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by perry32
    i guess i can add to the convo... just leased a 2008 honda crv, they had the cilajet application on the outside and wheels. having bought the car prior to the application and seen the after, i have to say it looks like an incredible wax job. I`ve now had the car for two weeks and gone through several rainstorms here in the DC area and the dirt just falls off with a light brush of the finger and manages to keep a silky shine. For someone who waxed his old car twice in 8 years, I need all the help I can get. it remains to be seen the long term value of cilajet. i found this discussion googling for cilajet, but theres just not that much info on it as far as i can tell.

When you reach the 5 year mark then report back what you think of Cilajet. Mostly all sealents will last two weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ten years is just a ridiculous claim. I see that in their website they have celebrities and professional sports players as some of their satisfied customers. Well, we all know they are not necessarily the smartest cookies in the cookie jar. Oh wait, there`s also that 110 year old lady.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    Ten years is just a ridiculous claim. I see that in their website they have celebrities and professional sports players as some of their satisfied customers. Well, we all know they are not necessarily the smartest cookies in the cookie jar. Oh wait, there`s also that 110 year old lady.

Nor do these people keep their cars longer than 5 years to be able to test a 10-year warranty claim.

Post Thanks / Like
    From reading the site it looks like a permagard or a JGL polaris aeropoxy system under another name

Nothing wrong with these, I use permagard although not the reactive one and really enjoy it as it permanently fills minor swirls and scratches (as long as the sealant is on)

After 12 months, the permagard is removed by myself and reapplied to customer vehicles

The Australian polaris

Automotive - Paint Protection by JGL Polaris Aeropoxy Clearcoat Australia
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Cilajet? Isn`t that an erectile dysfunction drug?
    yeah i have cilajet, used it 8 yrs. ago and it`s still working.

Post Thanks / Like
    if this were true a detailer would use it on a clients car and never see them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for bringing up an ancient thread but I searched and this seemed to be the most relevant without starting a new one.

I have a customer with a 15-year old car, 16k miles, original paint, which had Cilajet applied prior to his purchase. He thought it was literally a hard shell and wanted me to sand it off.

But from everything I`ve read on here this just sounds like a sealer where the "product" is more about the warranty than the actual liquid going on the car. Sounds like I could remove it with polish or a pre-wax cleaner if I wanted to?

The paint is flat and I told him I wouldn`t recommend any corrective steps, leave this product as-is, and apply wax on top for depth.

Would anyone here recommend anything different? I realize I`m leaving money on the table but let`s leave that out of the equation and focus on what is the best treatment for this car.

Thanks, Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wasinc
    Sorry for bringing up an ancient thread but I searched and this seemed to be the most relevant without starting a new one.

I have a customer with a 15-year old car, 16k miles, original paint, which had Cilajet applied prior to his purchase. He thought it was literally a hard shell and wanted me to sand it off.

But from everything I`ve read on here this just sounds like a sealer where the "product" is more about the warranty than the actual liquid going on the car. Sounds like I could remove it with polish or a pre-wax cleaner if I wanted to?

The paint is flat and I told him I wouldn`t recommend any corrective steps, leave this product as-is, and apply wax on top for depth.

Would anyone here recommend anything different? I realize I`m leaving money on the table but let`s leave that out of the equation and focus on what is the best treatment for this car.

Thanks, Tom

Have you inquired to dealerships that use the product? (I can guess their answer.) Or the company itself?

Sounds like a good argument against Cilajet. I`m curious to hear what is recommended as well. I have wondered about something similar happening 10 years from now with products like Opti-coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, just wanted to post a bit about Cilajet and what they are trying to do. Cilajet is a great product and the manufacture of the product is a very close friend of mine. The product from what I know is a "Dealership Only" product and not sold by any retailer at all. Furthermore, the detailer who said it is owned buy whoever is incorrect. Like I said the owner is someone I personally know very well. She is an amazing woman who has a great product out on the market being sold through the auto dealership channels.

Auto dealerships have for years now been selling insurance backed products to the consumer in a big way. Right or wrong, the Dealership Paint Sealant program is extremely successful for dealership throughout the country. Most new car auto dealerships offer a new car paint and interior protection package ranging in price from as low as $400.00 and up to $800. In some cases I have experienced new car dealerships offering vehicle protection packages well over $1,000.00

You can look at this as a negative or you can look at it as a positive! Just think for a minute on the business side of things! Dealerships have actually done us a great deal of helping educate the market about the added benefits of paint sealants. Therefore, making it and marketing it a lot easier for all of us to "UPSELL" our paint sealant programs. In fact, in my shop `Paint Sealant" is my number one up sell and I get very good money for each one I sell. And it`s 100% pure profit for us because we were going to wax the car anyway as part of our standard detail.... I`ve used Cilajet for years along with many other paint sealants and I can say that it is one great product that the owner can be very proud of. And if you ever get a chance to meet her you would know she is an amazing person to do business with.

MEL CRAIG

The Detailing Pros

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not make it available to detailers, the way opti-guard is? Does anyone out there have any experience with the product who can also give an unbiased comparison to other sealants? (At least as far as looks and ease of use.) The fact that it is only available through dealerships and the price being charged is astronomical I think is what makes so many of us skeptical. Is it really worth >5x the price of opti-coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    cilajet an uncomfortable truth.....

I am the former National Training Director for cilajet and I am no longer associated with the company with the exception of a complicated lawsuit. The public information about this suit can be reviewed at Superior Court of California - County of Los Angeles website lasuperiorcourt.org you will need to enter case number BC469243.

Any previous support posted by me should be considered invalid as the product has gone through changes resulting in the lawsuits. If you are considering purchasing cilajet after reading the court documents, you should ask your dealer if he can gaurantee that you are getting the original Boeing approved aircraft grade formula from the original manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my newest customer`s bought a new Merc. and had it applied. This is a great customer- very friendly and simply does not know anything about car care- "That`s why you are here," he says. I wash and wax it every 2 weeks at his estate. Whether or not it works, it makes my job very easy for now. 1 hr. and I am done including conv. top, backs of wheels, etc. It`s the only time I have heard of this and I suspect he paid at least $1000 for the service based upon where he bought the car.

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alanarea51
    cilajet an uncomfortable truth.....

I am the former National Training Director for cilajet and I am no longer associated with the company with the exception of a complicated lawsuit. The public information about this suit can be reviewed at Superior Court of California - County of Los Angeles website lasuperiorcourt.org you will need to enter case number BC469243.

Any previous support posted by me should be considered invalid as the product has gone through changes resulting in the lawsuits. If you are considering purchasing cilajet after reading the court documents, you should ask your dealer if he can gaurantee that you are getting the original Boeing approved aircraft grade formula from the original manufacturer.

WOW! Now that`s a revelation!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information