Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve noticed that both AG and Proper Auto Care have Menzerna PO106FF and Intensive Polish but are packaged differently. PAC has smaller bottles for $15-16 each but AG only sells in larger bottles.

Is there any difference between the 2? Perhaps one is a newer formulation? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    106ff is only available in the 32 ounce bottle. Blackfire`s version is available in the 16 ounce bottle. They aren`t the same from reading the description.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    The Menzerna that Autogeek has is from Germany. I don`t know about the ones from Proper Auto Care..

Post Thanks / Like
    Phil at Detailer`s Domain has the real stuff and he`s got a great sale going on right now too

HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering how both could have the same product number (106FF) and be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jgatuslao
    Just wondering how both could have the same product number (106FF) and be different.

In reference to what?

106ff is the same as what you will get from AG, Detailers Domain or CMA. Same stuff. The Blackfire polish isn`t called 106ff but does make reference to being similar.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    In reference to what?

106ff is the same as what you will get from AG, Detailers Domain or CMA. Same stuff. The Blackfire polish isn`t called 106ff but does make reference to being similar.

I think he`s asking why the Mezerna bottles from AG look different than the bottles from ProperAutoCare. He`s not asking about Blackfire stuff.

I would like to know the difference also, if there is any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Properautocare for a long time was in partners with Menzerna to make products with/for them in the US, under the name Menzerna USA. With the high demand for 106ff, CMA decided to repackage that product as well. FMJ and most of the other stuff that CMA sells as Menzerna, are "not really" Menzerna products, but Menzerna USA products. They are manufactured over here and use the name Menzerna USA. I am sure this only made it more confusing, but the fact is, unless it is called Menzerna Professional, it is usually made over here.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know how Blackfire came into the picture. Never asked about it. Anyone have any experience using both AG and CMA`s Menzerna? I don`t really need a big bottle as I just want to test it but I want to be sure that CMA`s Menzerna is the real thing or the Menzerna product that gets a lot of rave in this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are very concerned, just get the AG one.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info joshtpa.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jgatuslao
    I don`t know how Blackfire came into the picture. Never asked about it. Anyone have any experience using both AG and CMA`s Menzerna? I don`t really need a big bottle as I just want to test it but I want to be sure that CMA`s Menzerna is the real thing or the Menzerna product that gets a lot of rave in this forum.
    The bottle from CMA and the bottle from Autogeek are both 32 oz. for 106FF. So, I`m not sure where you`re seeing this smaller size you mentioned.

The bottles are different for the reasons Josh mentions. The CMA square bottle is the bottle Menzerna USA uses and the round bottle Autogeek mentions is imported from Menzerna in Germany. Either way, the polish in both bottles is exactly the same.

I would get the Autogeek bottle though. First, it comes with freebies. Second, you can get it for less than what CMA sells it for because there are always Autogeek coupon codes floating around which you can use to reduce the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what do you guys figure, that Menzerna USA gets the 106FF in 55 gallon drums or something and bottles it here?

Post Thanks / Like
    THat is exactly what happens. All of the other Menzerna USA products are already made here and are not really made or have anything to do with Menzerna other than the name.

2006 White Volvo S40

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re right. 106FF is the same however, CMA sells a smaller bottle of IP. If they`re the same material then no problem. I was just wondering if one might be an older formula or something.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information