Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys!

I`ve been using Meguiar`s for over 2 years now ( well, over at my location, it`s the best locally available range of car paintcare products readily available! ). Polishing work is done with a dual action machine, Bosch GEX 270 AE, and no, I am still not ready for rotary work yet.

Recently, I have bumped into non - Meguiar`s products thru the Net that is available, which is not too far from Malaysia, which makes it a viable way to order them. I have read some postings from a number of forums, telling their experience of ordering liquid - type products thru air and land shipping, and receiving the products spewed all over in the box! Furthermore, I have one confirmed report of another local guy ( whom is also a regular here ) that the products he ordered ( the retailer is located at Singapore, which is only around 500 kilometres away from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ) came safe and undamaged.

I am quite interested in the Optimum range of polish liquids. Since I`m used to M80 ( which doesn`t dust much, most of the time doesn`t at all ), I am naturally looking for a polish that doesn`t dust as well. One major reason why I want to move away from M80 is because I was made to understand that M80 contains fillers! Is this 100% correct?

What about Optimum Polish and Optimum Compound, does these two items have fillers too?

I was also made to understand that Optimum Polish and the Compound have a very long working time, and is very, very oily. Now how am I to know that the product have done it`s job and it`s time to buff it off?

Should I follow by applying another pure polish after working in either Optimum Polish, or the Compound?

I was told by the SG retailer, that using different pads with the Optimum Polish and Compound yields different results, is this true?

Optimum Polish and Compound users, please chime in!

Post Thanks / Like
    M80 contains the "trade secret polishing oils" which can be interpreted as light concealers.

Optimum won`t fill and yes, you can tune your approach and product aggressivity with the appropriate pads. From finessing pad to wool, Optimum polish works exceptionally well with every imaginable combination.

However, I`d rather recommend you the Hyper instead of the regular compound, because:

1.) You can use the normal polish with a stiff orange foam; givin it pretty good cut

2.) You can make Hyper less aggressive by mixing it with OP on the pad, so the regular compound is maybe obsolete for you

3.) Hyper is not that aggressive to be dangerous - especially with the PEX270 AE, which can finish even the more aggressive polishes to a wonderful LSP-ready level. I have this machine too and I love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    remember, less is more!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Optimum Compound and their Hyper Compound with great success. At first, it frustrated me, and thought it was not effective but I was not taking the time to work it in. Optimum I find needs more time to work it in, but by far its the only compound I go to nowadays. (over mez power gloss, meg. dacp) No dusting whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to decide between Optimum and 1Z`s Proline polishes. The dusting and price of Menzerna are turning me off it.

I plan on using Prime Acrylic & AJ after polishing (they`re what I have and I can`t buy any other wax/polish till I finish them). I know Accumulator doesn`t usually recommend 1Z if a sealant is next, but I wonder if Prime Acrylic will clean off whatever 1Z leaves behind. But this is the first I notice about OC being "oily." Does it clean up with a MF, or does it need an AIO like Prime Acrylic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum cleans up very well, the oiliness is just the lubrication, not a greasy, sticky something.

Yes, Prime Acrylic will clean of the 1Z`s wax layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    optimum polish & compound = :2thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    Optimum I find needs more time to work it in, but by far its the only compound I go to nowadays. No dusting whatsoever.

agreed, good working time with little to no dusting with excellent results...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler
    Optimum I find needs more time to work it in, but by far its the only compound I go to nowadays. No dusting whatsoever.
    agreed, good working time with little to no dusting with excellent results... :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`BigAl3`]agreed, good working time with little to no dusting with excellent results... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I switched to Optimum from Megs for the no dusting, ability to work in the sun and long working time . After all done I go over it with PoliSeal to clean it up prior to my LSP.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    I switched to Optimum from Megs for the no dusting, ability to work in the sun and long working time . After all done I go over it with PoliSeal to clean it up prior to my LSP.

Same here. Once you realize you don`t have to use much product to get the best results, Optimum`s polishes/compounds are pretty much goof proof.

I still keep Meguiars on hand for single stage paint though, still haven`t found anything that works better.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Bence,

I`m buying some Optimum polishes for the first time. I was going to buy Both Optimum hyper compound and optimum Compound and finish off with P085RD which i already have.

now I;m re-thinking maybe just going with OHC & not the OC.

Do you think i should get both?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using OHC and OP and recommend both. Skip OC IMO. I`m still trying to figure out how mush (or little) of this stuff to use.

Any longtime vets of this stuff who can give a good example of hwo much to start off with? Quarter size, 6" line, four pea size dots, etc. I always manage to get some nice little splatter everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by amtrak23
    I just started using OHC and OP and recommend both. Skip OC IMO. I`m still trying to figure out how mush (or little) of this stuff to use.

Any longtime vets of this stuff who can give a good example of hwo much to start off with? Quarter size, 6" line, four pea size dots, etc. I always manage to get some nice little splatter everywhere.

2-3 pea sized dots on a 6.5" pad. 2-3 BB sized dots on each Cyclo pad.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    mystickid, I`d suggest that examine your needs exactly. Then use OP to see what capabilities does it have, use it with finessing/polishing/cutting/wool pads and then decide. I`d recommend you to get all three, but OHC will be fine when you skip the OC.

It is like Menzerna`s 106FF/85RE5/85RD. All will finish exceptionally, but the actual needs and surfaces dictate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information