Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB
    I am currently using Glanz and it seams like my #1 until the end of these results. So thats the horse I am betting on unless it is proven otherwise. Also you are correct about the pinkish liquid. It is the new formula and is a `sealant`.

Also from what I can tell, each product received a vertical and horizontal surface for the test. Great idea to give each product ample space and a fighting chance on each surface.

IB

i just got glanz 1 month ago and it is not pinkish. who did you buy yours from? and when did they change formula? and where does it say its a sealant? i just went to the EINSZETT site and they dont say anywhere in description that it is a sealant. correct me if i am wrong but i thought sealants had no carnauba in it? and Glanz has carnauba in it? which would make it a wax not sealant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by keep_it_clean
    i just got glanz 1 month ago and it is not pinkish. who did you buy yours from? and when did they change formula? and where does it say its a sealant? i just went to the EINSZETT site and they dont say anywhere in description that it is a sealant. correct me if i am wrong but i thought sealants had no carnauba in it? and Glanz has carnauba in it? which would make it a wax not sealant

some products are a mix of sealants with carnauba

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know what product was on your cheese shaped applicator but that appears to be enough to seal a few cars. Which one was it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Never had a problem in 4 years .. on 3 different cars .. Maybe its cuz I do a lot of cars and learned the little tricks .

I`ve used it for two months, and found the application and removal as simple as anything.:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Using dishwashing soap is tough on car finishes. I`t`s not made to wash cars and is extremely harsh. I`d go to a car wash soap formulated for car finishes. Then clay to remove any other contaniments.

I found the R2000 the best sealant to use. Contains highest Teflon content and lasts for ever. Goes on and comes off easy. I`ve sprayed it on and applied with a orbital. Both work about the same. Loss of beading does not indicate loss of protection as with wax. Teflon can only be removed with thinner or sanding/compounding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gldetail
    Using dishwashing soap is tough on car finishes. I`t`s not made to wash cars and is extremely harsh. I`d go to a car wash soap formulated for car finishes. Then clay to remove any other contaniments.

I found the R2000 the best sealant to use. Contains highest Teflon content and lasts for ever. Goes on and comes off easy. I`ve sprayed it on and applied with a orbital. Both work about the same. Loss of beading does not indicate loss of protection as with wax. Teflon can only be removed with thinner or sanding/compounding.
    :funnypost :har:

Hmm....something smells a little.......like.......:beware ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    I`ve been using Z2 for almost 10 years. Learning curve or not, it does not apply easily.

For that matter, it doesn`t always come off all that easily either.

I would be willing to bet that you`re applying it to thick. I apply a thin line (spagetti noodle thin) on the applicator and can apply it to several panels at a time. If you apply to thick, it doesn`t spread easily and doesn`t completely wipe off.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I was looking at the Malco book and was wondering if you used that "poly" sealant? I have used their compound - Perfex with success and Polish - Nano Creme - with outstanding results, just never tried their sealers or waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst post ever...

FWIW, unless you are baking the teflon on, its not going to stick. Now take your BS and go somewhere else...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Worst post ever...

So true, lol. There are more holes (mistruths) in his statements than Swiss cheese! 100% Grade A, US inspected, FDA approved....garbage.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    So true, lol. There are more holes (mistruths) in his statements than Swiss cheese! 100% Grade A, US inspected, FDA approved....garbage.

I work with Teflon and Teflon derivitives daily. Teflon is flat out crap for protecting anything from the elements. It just will not bond to the surface requiring protection without extreme pressure and high temperatures. Teflon is an awesome material for thousands of uses, just not this one.

I agree the above statements are true. It is all hype and BS. Odds are that if it seals and or protects it is NOT the Teflon doing the work. At least not for very long.

BTW Teflon is on its way out. Expect it to be unavailable in the next decade or so.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett
    I work with Teflon and Teflon derivitives daily. Teflon is flat out crap for protecting anything from the elements. It just will not bond to the surface requiring protection without extreme pressure and high temperatures. Teflon is an awesome material for thousands of uses, just not this one.

I agree the above statements are true. It is all hype and BS. Odds are that if it seals and or protects it is NOT the Teflon doing the work. At least not for very long.

BTW Teflon is on its way out. Expect it to be unavailable in the next decade or so.

The Teflon isn`t what is doing the protection. People think they are getting the same protection as on their cooking pan. That isn`t the case. Teflon is solid. It needs to be melted onto the surface at extremely high temperatures to make a uniform film. That can`t be done on paint. The temperature needed to melt it would ruin the paint. So, the manufacturers purchase the teflon in a suspension. Very small particles of it are suspended in a water/emulsion carrier. This is added to the sealant. So you aren`t getting a uniform film, like your cooking pan, you are getting little dots of PTFE that lay on the surface of the paint. The chemical that is holding them in place and making a uniform "sacrificial" layer is the polymer (usually a charged silicone based polymer)

Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of said that???
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    I don`t know what product was on your cheese shaped applicator but that appears to be enough to seal a few cars. Which one was it?

If I remember correctly, the product on that applicator was Jet Seal. I started out applying the same amount of each product on each separate pad(to avoid contamination). 1 product went on *really* easy, most went on normally easy and 2 were kind of a pain and needed additional product. As far as the amount of product applied, I guess it depends on which product you`re applying to determine how much can or should be used. I`ve never seen a product that could seal "a few cars" with the tiny amount I applied. I don`t see how that could be possible, even if you`re using a PC (extended coverage). If a product could cover that much area, I`d be willing to bet you couldn`t see the product going on the finish which could lead to untreated surface area or make it more tedious. It`s just my thought. Because this was the 1st time using alot of these sealants, I played it safe and applied each one liberally. I don`t think that would result in less durability.

Using dishwashing soap is tough on car finishes. I`t`s not made to wash cars and is extremely harsh. I`d go to a car wash soap formulated for car finishes. Then clay to remove any other contaminants.

I only used Dawn for the initial wash to avoid any soap that could have interfered with the sealant application. Some sealant manufacturers advise doing this. I don`t intend on using it again for maintenance washings.

As far as R2000, it doesn`t contain Teflon, it contains ZONYL. It used to contain Teflon.

How do you measure durability / protection?

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    David, I was looking at the Malco book and was wondering if you used that "poly" sealant? I have used their compound - Perfex with success and Polish - Nano Creme - with outstanding results, just never tried their sealers or waxes.

When I went into my local Malco store, I told them about my test and they offered a sample of their strongest sealant. It`s the same product that dealers/shops apply and is warrantee by Malco. He poured the sample out of a gallon container & I didn`t catch the name. I can get it for you if you`d like or send you a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by charger17
    The Teflon isn`t what is doing the protection. People think they are getting the same protection as on their cooking pan. That isn`t the case. Teflon is solid. It needs to be melted onto the surface at extremely high temperatures to make a uniform film. That can`t be done on paint. The temperature needed to melt it would ruin the paint. So, the manufacturers purchase the teflon in a suspension. Very small particles of it are suspended in a water/emulsion carrier. This is added to the sealant. So you aren`t getting a uniform film, like your cooking pan, you are getting little dots of PTFE that lay on the surface of the paint. The chemical that is holding them in place and making a uniform "sacrificial" layer is the polymer (usually a charged silicone based polymer)

Thanks for clarifying this. I know you know what you`re talking about. :2thumbs: I`d appreciate any more input on the test and/or judging the results you`d be willing to offer.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize for the broke state of Michigan. :usa

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information