Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So you just washed and clayed? I think a cleaner or polish should have been applied prior to the test to get better results, since dirt can affect the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    subscribed.
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    Never had a problem in 4 years .. on 3 different cars .. Maybe its cuz I do a lot of cars and learned the little tricks .

Well, I didn`t say it was a "problem". I just said z2 is not that easy to apply, especially when compared to other products on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    what color can was the glanz sealant in? i know there is a glanz wax but never heard of a glanz sealant.

Glanz Wax is an advanced synthetic wax formula utilizing the latest in German polymers for exceptional long-lasting protection with a high gloss finish. Lasts twice as long as most carnauba waxes. New, improved formula provides a deeper, more natural finish due to the addition of special polymers and premium carnauba wax. Protects your paintwork from harmful environmental influences such as soot, acid rain, UV rays, sap, bird droppings, carwashes, road and ocean airborne salt. Abrasive-free formula is for use on all paintwork finishes. Apply over any polish or sealant for added protection.

Glanz Wax `Hart-Glanz` New Formula!

500 ml (16,9 fl oz)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very curious how Jetseal 109 will stack up. Can`t wait to see the results with time!
    If only I could detail the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was delighted and a little surprised to see good old Malco in the test. I`ve used a few of their products and never been let down - I just never thought to try their sealer ( wife says bad things will happen if I buy more sealers - I have a 6-7) I`m doing a little test of my own - did my wife`s new Honda with Collinite 845, did my Toyota with HiTemp Terminator (paint sealer).

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I`d like to ask a little about the beading. In your first pictures (car untouched) the beading looks pretty good. By the time you began to prep for the test, the car was dirty and the beading was diminished, and of course, as you showed, there was no beading whatsoever after the Dawn wash. Do you have any theories on this? In that other thread it was discussed that fresh paint will bead without any LSP, which appears to be shown in your first pictures. The reduced beading in the "dirty" pictures I`ll presume was from the dirt, but why did the Dawn kill the beading? Since there was no LSP for it to strip? Was there residual Dawn on the surface at the time you took the picture (since surfactants like Dawn work by reducing the surface tension of the water)? Might the "fresh paint" beading have come back if you had rinsed the car for an extended period?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gbackus
    Who`d you get the 1z Glanz from? I ask because the Glanz I`ve used in the past was a milyk clear, and thin like water, not a pink lotiony type product. The 1z waxpolish soft is a pink colored creme product though, and wonder if perhaps you got the wrong one by mistake?

From me, It is Glanz wax. Which like most of their line has been completely reformulated. It is a very good wax/sealant hybrid.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    JWT shouldn`t be left on for an hour to "haze." It`s ready for removal in 5 minutes. If that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    David, I`d like to ask a little about the beading. In your first pictures (car untouched) the beading looks pretty good. By the time you began to prep for the test, the car was dirty and the beading was diminished, and of course, as you showed, there was no beading whatsoever after the Dawn wash. Do you have any theories on this? In that other thread it was discussed that fresh paint will bead without any LSP, which appears to be shown in your first pictures. The reduced beading in the "dirty" pictures I`ll presume was from the dirt, but why did the Dawn kill the beading? Since there was no LSP for it to strip? Was there residual Dawn on the surface at the time you took the picture (since surfactants like Dawn work by reducing the surface tension of the water)? Might the "fresh paint" beading have come back if you had rinsed the car for an extended period?

From my limited experiece from observations at the Ford Plant in Dearborn, the trucks had some kind of protectant applied to them just after the final inspection wash at the plant, prior to releasing the trucks to the plants lot. I guess it`s possible that new cars also have this protectant or something like it applied to protect the finish during shipping and sitting out in the elements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, good test thanks for taking the time to do it. Very interested in the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1
    Interesting test......but with silver paint, almost impossible to detect the differences..... Same thing with white. The only possible visual would be durability. I wish a couple of panels had only wax. That test might show more variabales

I agree, that`s why the main focus of the test is for durablity. That`s really why I`m not using a wax. It don`t think it won`t hold up as long. Especially in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Well, I didn`t say it was a "problem". I just said z2 is not that easy to apply, especially when compared to other products on the market.

I agree. Learning curve or not. Especially when a large portion of their target market is non-professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    David, If you would like a bit of Ultima let me know, I`ll send some to you. I know I`m a little late.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe on the next test.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark77
    So you just washed and clayed? I think a cleaner or polish should have been applied prior to the test to get better results, since dirt can affect the outcome.

I guarantee that the finish is 100% free of any an all defects and contamination. I cellophane tested the entire car prior to application and it`s completely smooth. Polishing, fallout remover or any other cleaner would have no positive effects for this vehicle`s application. On the other hand, it would on a vehicle that had a condition that could deteriorate protection/performance. You would have to address the issue and correct it to insure proper bonding.

Quote Originally Posted by June Bug
    I was delighted and a little surprised to see good old Malco in the test. I`ve used a few of their products and never been let down - I just never thought to try their sealer ( wife says bad things will happen if I buy more sealers - I have a 6-7) I`m doing a little test of my own - did my wife`s new Honda with Collinite 845, did my Toyota with HiTemp Terminator (paint sealer).

HaHa. I always enjoy your sense of humor. I decided to give Malco a try because their sealant is one that it`s performance is warranted through authorized application centers. We`ll see what happens. Good luck on your test too. You should consider testing the Malco too. Don`t you use alot of their products?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy

Thanks for raising this point. That`s why I posted the 2 sets of photos. Every brand new vehicle I`ve seen beads water (unless it is severely contaminated). It might have something to do with the new-ness of the paint. The same goes for freshly re-painted vehicles too. When a vehicle is covered in dirt and grime, it will affect it`s beading (dirt doesn`t bead). My car (from the time it was built) didn`t get washed for well over a month; until I did this test. It was pretty dirty. I think Dawn, becasue of it`s PH, affects the suface tension of the surface, which doesn`t allow the beading phenomenon to occur. Because I rinsed (powerwasher) the crap out this car for a pretty long time, I didn`t notice any re-beading at all. I`m not a scientist, it`s just my opinion. If anyone can further explain, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    From me, It is Glanz wax. Which like most of their line has been completely reformulated. It is a very good wax/sealant hybrid.

Thanks for the clarification Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by BBS01
    JWT shouldn`t be left on for an hour to "haze." It`s ready for removal in 5 minutes. If that.

Would leaving it on longer affect anything?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    From my limited experiece from observations at the Ford Plant in Dearborn, the trucks had some kind of protectant applied to them just after the final inspection wash at the plant, prior to releasing the trucks to the plants lot. I guess it`s possible that new cars also have this protectant or something like it applied to protect the finish during shipping and sitting out in the elements.

I`ve taken special tours (sponsored by OEM paint manufacturers) of the Rough plant 2 times and Wayne Assembly 3 times & I`ve seen the wash system(see picture) they send their vehicles through. The only protectant that`s applied to their vehicles is just the plastic transit wrap. They should put something better on their vehicles because the one`s produced at these plants have some of the worst fallout problems ever.

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reviews/test. I had no problem removing AJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently using Glanz and it seams like my #1 until the end of these results. So thats the horse I am betting on unless it is proven otherwise. Also you are correct about the pinkish liquid. It is the new formula and is a `sealant`.

Also from what I can tell, each product received a vertical and horizontal surface for the test. Great idea to give each product ample space and a fighting chance on each surface.

IB

Post Thanks / Like
    Good experiment. Looking forward to future results and durability. I spent like 10 min scrolling up and down trying to see which one has the best reflection.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information