Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The tape measure touching the paint is scaring the hell out of me right now! I`m interested to see how this turns out...please keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a "BIG" JS109 fan

I`ll be curoius to see how it stacks up with the others
    :buffing: ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF BEAUTY :waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t you have anything better to do??????????

Post Thanks / Like
    lets us know, I`m very curious

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool test.

It would have been nice if you could have judged which one(s) left the surface the slickest, and how each one beaded water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work man! Thanks for the review. Hope to see more sealant vs sealant in the future! Klasse, Ultima PGP, and so on...

Looking forward to the durability updates.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your support. I`ll try my best to be as subjective as possible in the months to come. Stay posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
    I`m also very interested to see how quickly the beading goes away on the FMJ. It lasted less than 3 days for me.

Wow - That`s weird. You didn`t get carried away and wash it 50 times in 3 days did you? :lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Dave-just an FYI on Acrylic Jett...don`t let it dry! Lightly work in until it you see no high spots, then remove.

Thanks for the info Scott - I forgot about that. I`d be willing to bet that would have made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Daragh
    Interesting. Mark V Glisten is one of my favourites, so I will be routing for it. As you say really pleasant to work with. Once you don`t get too much of it on your hands (& for too long) or else you can end up looking like one of the Smurfs!

You`re right about that. My applicator pad was definately blue. Looks like it will be dedicated to this 1 product from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithule
    Is it too late to add some DG105......

Where were you a month ago when I was asking for suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    initial observation is that mk v and cpc r 2000 do not seem to show all the way to the red one with the same clarity as the other sealants. dually noted is the fact the angle of the camera is a bit more parallel than the other images.

I thought the pictures would be interesting to have people go back and forth and try to see the differences, but it kinda backfired a bit. I even turned the car around so I would have the same sun light angle as the other side. They do show a slight difference, but I spent almost an hour studying each panel with my eyes and they all looked really similar. So much for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 5IVE
    The tape measure touching the paint is scaring the hell out of me right now!

I can assure you that no paint was harmed in the making of this thread. Do not try this at home. All stunts performed by a trained professional.

Quote Originally Posted by IronDr.
    Don`t you have anything better to do??????????

That`s exactly what my wife said.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom3

It would have been nice if you could have judged which one(s) left the surface the slickest, and how each one beaded water.

Sealants feel much different than waxes. They aren`t as soft, thick and oilly to the touch of your fingertips. They feel real thin. Pretty much every panel felt the same. None of them felt like an oilly wax, but they were flat and smooth.

As far as the beading, that will be determined in the upcoming months. I`ll also test the feel as well to see if there are any differences in each other. That`s the interesting part.

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleBuckett
    Hope to see more sealant vs sealant in the future! Klasse, Ultima PGP, and so on...

I would have loved to test out PGP, but didn`t have the chance. It claims to be the best? I`m sure which ever come out on top will have to go against it.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting test......but with silver paint, almost impossible to detect the differences.....

Same thing with white. You could induce hand prints all over the car and not pick them up with some photo`s. The only possible visual would be durability. I wish a couple of panels had only wax. That test might show more variabales.......Anyway, I`ll keep up with this thread.......:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Who`d you get the 1z Glanz from? I ask because the Glanz I`ve used in the past was a milyk clear, and thin like water, not a pink lotiony type product. The 1z waxpolish soft is a pink colored creme product though, and wonder if perhaps you got the wrong one by mistake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Test. Lets see.... I have none of those products. First time I`ve seen another member using products from Mark V. I have their trim shine product and its awesome. Cant wait to see the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need to go through the learning curve on Z2 ... I never had a problem applying it .. like Klasse SG once the pad gets saturated it gets a lot easier.

It could have been the pad your using too .. I have never seen one like that.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesstzn
    I think you need to go through the learning curve on Z2 ... I never had a problem applying it .. like Klasse SG once the pad gets saturated it gets a lot easier.

It could have been the pad your using too .. I have never seen one like that.

I`ve been using Z2 for almost 10 years. Learning curve or not, it does not apply easily.

For that matter, it doesn`t always come off all that easily either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    I`ve been using Z2 for almost 10 years. Learning curve or not, it does not apply easily.

For that matter, it doesn`t always come off all that easily either.

Never had a problem in 4 years .. on 3 different cars .. Maybe its cuz I do a lot of cars and learned the little tricks .
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5IVE
    The tape measure touching the paint is scaring the hell out of me right now! I`m interested to see how this turns out...please keep us posted!

hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. :nervous2:

Sweet test youve got going. Cant wait to see the outcome! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    David, If you would like a bit of Ultima let me know, I`ll send some to you. I know I`m a little late.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information