Post Thanks / Like
    I had a chance to use some DG 101 and 105 today as part of a winter prep of my Toyota 4Runner. My process was:

Wash

Clay

DG 101 via UDM with green pad (allowed to sit 30 mins and removed)

DG 105-via UDM with blue pad (allowed to sit 45 mins and removed)

The car looks great however I am not blown away by the slickness left behind with 105. Does this need to cure and does it become slicker as it cures??
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat, did you notice any correction happen with the DG products? I have a bottle of the 501 (from the marine line) that AL53 says has decent cleaning ability - the 501 is an AIO product, that is also safe for painted surfaces, not just gel coats.

Next weekend, I plan to use it on a Honda Element with a PC, and a yellow Meguiar`s pad, and will then top it with either DG 101 or Collinite 845. The Element is in great shape, and just needs some very light correcgtion, so I am hoping the 501 will do the trick. I have never used DG products before, so like you, I am anxious to see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    Pat, did you notice any correction happen with the DG products? I have a bottle of the 501 (from the marine line) that AL53 says has decent cleaning ability - the 501 is an AIO product, that is also safe for painted surfaces, not just gel coats.

Next weekend, I plan to use it on a Honda Element with a PC, and a yellow Meguiar`s pad, and will then top it with either DG 101 or Collinite 845. The Element is in great shape, and just needs some very light correcgtion, so I am hoping the 501 will do the trick. I have never used DG products before, so like you, I am anxious to see what happens.

You will like the 501. Its a great product. I used it as a winter prep on my boat this year and on a 2007 Porsche 911 that I did. It does a great job of cleaning the paint and removing minor swirls. I used it based on Big Al`s recommendatiions.

Here is a link from the C and B...

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...997-turbo.html

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool - I meant to type in my previous post that I may top the 501 with DG111, not 101.

Post Thanks / Like
    i dunno if it was my mind playing tricks on me but...after 24 hours of curing, i really liked the slickness of my 101 + 105. I think it improves the longer it has to cure. (i applied 2 coats of 105). For my 07 mustang i thought it gave it awesome slickness and reflection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m doing the 105 vs. Collinite 476S comparison, and I have to say that the 476S is slicker than the 105. I did 2 layers of each product, half and half.

Post Thanks / Like
    i did 501 on my mom`s corolla and it looked to have actually make the red darker and deeper looking. i did a 50/50 on hood and there was a big difference. after doing whole car with 501 i went over it with AW. laid plastic bag on hood and it slid off.

Post Thanks / Like
    PAt...the 105 gets slicker as it cures....A lot of times I do the 101 in the morning..then the 105 later that afternoon..just some time for the 101 to set up some....

Also I find doing 105 by hand gives better end results..as far as being slick and also the gloss....

now I have been doing the 501 then the 105 and get better results...

I leave the 105 for a hour before buffing it off...I know you may not have that time frame doing customers cars...but it works nice for me.....

Last time I talked to DG about some stuff..I was told the 501 has very close to the same protection as 105..BUT lots more cleaners in it....

Another little trick I have used is I mix 1oz of menz 106 and 3oz of 501 in a small 4oz bottle....it gives me a better correction product plus a real nice gloss.....the next day I top it with 105....very nice results....the mix is just enough to get the light swirls out....

Pat also..the 501 has way more cleaners in it over the 101....

pat..try a coat by hand of the 105....and then asess the slickness....I think using a machine flashes it to fast and you loose something ...that was my finding....

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    PAt...the 105 gets slicker as it cures....A lot of times I do the 101 in the morning..then the 105 later that afternoon..just some time for the 101 to set up some....

Also I find doing 105 by hand gives better end results..as far as being slick and also the gloss....

now I have been doing the 501 then the 105 and get better results...

I leave the 105 for a hour before buffing it off...I know you may not have that time frame doing customers cars...but it works nice for me.....

Last time I talked to DG about some stuff..I was told the 501 has very close to the same protection as 105..BUT lots more cleaners in it....

Another little trick I have used is I mix 1oz of menz 106 and 3oz of 501 in a small 4oz bottle....it gives me a better correction product plus a real nice gloss.....the next day I top it with 105....very nice results....the mix is just enough to get the light swirls out....

AL

Al...

Thanks for the tips. I think I will try and add a second coat of 105 by hand then hitting it with some AW after it cures. I will see if its amps up the slickness....

Thread Information