Thread: Purple Power

Post Thanks / Like
    PURPLE POWER

Powerful cleaner and degreaser. Penetrates grease, oil and dirt on contact. Versatile-use on countertops, appliances, sinks, showers, tubs. Biodegradable and phosphate-free. Non-abrasive and non-flammable.

This cleaner is in my experience the best in the business. I initially encountered it at a Caterpiller diesel engine manufacturing and test facility. Their maintenance and cleaning staff had found it to be the only environmentally friendly cleaner that kept their floors non-slippery and clean. It cut through all of the oils, waxes, fuel, and coolants to clean the facility surfaces without damage to the surfaces themselves. Further they found that it was gentle to humans and caused no serious hazzardous waste ($$$).

I have since used it in diluted fashion. 2:1 for stubborn grease or 3:1 for typical cleaning applications. It works better than any other chemical in this catagory with which I am familiar. It never damages my concrete, painted garage floor, oven hood filters (full strength here), or automotive paint. It will completely strip all waxed and greasy, oily, buggy, or tar off of your finish fast and with little or no real effort. If you encounter heavy tar (under wheel wells) use it via a cotton rag at full strength.

After using PP I always flush the surface(s) well with volumes of clean water. For my vehicle I then shampoo it with my car wash soap (I use Ultima Paint Guard Wash).

I stand behind this cleaner as the best in class. I purchase it at Autozone and the like. Most of the big chains carry it these days.

I have attached a photo of the logo and a photo of a bottle of PP. There are a couple of "fake" purple power identities out there. Make sure the logo matches and you will be fine. The real thing is very easily identified.

Here is a link to the right part of their web site.

Clean-Rite - Solutions for a Cleaner World
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the gallon from Walmart. I use it 1:1 to clean tires and wheel wells. I also spray down my undercarrage with it every few months and then pressure wash it off. It takes off a pretty good amount of junk. Just don`t get it on your hands or drink it. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that Castrol`s Super Clean is back at Walmart, I don`t use PP anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Now that Castrol`s Super Clean is back at Walmart, I don`t use PP anymore.

Man that stuff is strong. I used to buy it by the gallon to strip enamel paint off model car bodies.. and in the process it would strip the outer layer of skin off my hands. It works well, though and is cheap.

I`ve been using Greased Lightning for some time now and it seems to be as effective as any other APC. It really goes to town on tar and general `muck` in wheelwells.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    KnuckleBuckett I can`t help to notice that your post has a very "spammy" look/feel to it. Maybe it`s just me... :nixweiss

I do use Purple Power and it works well. Be cautious with it at higher strenghts though because it will damage some surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always wanted to try PP on engines as a degreaser, but can`t bring myself to use it near painted surfaces.

Steve
    1995 Porsche 968 Cab Speed Yellow
    A-Z Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Twitch...

Sorry if it looks spammy, I tend to agree. I put the photos in only because I did not want anyone mixing up the various purple power chemicals on the market. There are several and I didn`t want to confuse anybody. If you like, I can make changes. Suggestions?

Stephen...

I have no problem using PP on paint. I always dilute it. Usually by 3x with good clean water, but have been using for years without any issues at all. Just respect it for the strong cleaner it is and you should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch
    KnuckleBuckett I can`t help to notice that your post has a very "spammy" look/feel to it. Maybe it`s just me... :nixweiss

I do use Purple Power and it works well. Be cautious with it at higher strenghts though because it will damage some surfaces.
    I noticed as well but didnt want to say anything because his post count is not what you would expect from a spammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but the *best* spammers wait to strike til they hit just about 1k posts...:p

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree i use pp as well and i think its great. it works well and is pretty cheap. ! i stand by you on this one
    down here in colorful colorado!

Post Thanks / Like
    No spam here folks...keep on moving...nothing to see...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Yeah, but the *best* spammers wait to strike til they hit just about 1k posts...:p
    Lets see that includes us both!! I just went over 1k and you are approaching it!!! What should we spam??

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno... we`ll have to think of something good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Purple power is cheap, Just got a 2.5 gallon on it from pep boys for 11.99
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it on everything from wheel wells to engine to carpet to underhood paint. I dont really see why I would need to use it on the exterior paint, but it does a great job at eveything else. Followed the dilution directions on the bottle and it hasnt failed to remove anything I threw it at.

I used it at full strength on the underhood paint but removed quickly and sprayed it beforehand with water to dilute slightly.
    [quote name=`MegaGoodDetaili`]YOu should see the way I hit my yellow pads, its hardcore, cause im hardcore and everything i do bro, everything i do is hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information