Post Thanks / Like
    I was curious about the differences between VMG and RMG (in particular, why pink moose would work so well). After searching this board, I got conflicting information, so I sent Clearkote an email. Thought I would share their thoughts:

On the question of the difference between the two:

"The difference is (VMGH) is designed to be used by hand and contains wax, thereby eliminating the extra step required when you apply a hand glaze by hand. The (RMMG) contains NO wax because you are using a machine and will have energy to apply a wax by hand or machine if desired. However, RMMG works very well by hand. The issue of combining these two items were thought of by our customers. For some reason by combining these two, it enhances the final finish and gloss. I was asked If we would mix these. My response was no. One customer might want a 20% RMMG to 80% VMHG. Another might want the opposite. WE do offer a "Combo" to our customers. They get a Pint of RMMG and a Pint of VMHG as well as a empty pint cylinder to mix to your desire."

On the question of whether one is more aggressive in its ability to polish than the other:

"No not really. The hand Glaze is slightly more aggresive then the RMMG due to the fact that it is worked by hand. Having said that, It works very well with a machine."

Maybe that is why Pink Moose works well - VMG is a little more aggressive, RMG gets its props for its filling ability and lasting shine. Looks like Pink Moose gets the call for my next job (thanks to Scottwax for the idea).

Post Thanks / Like
    See I have used VM for about 3 years now and it works great but never noticed the corrective ability. Ive used RMG about 5 times and never noticed a filling ability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    See I have used VM for about 3 years now and it works great but never noticed the corrective ability. Ive used RMG about 5 times and never noticed a filling ability.

Perhaps you are not using it correctly? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithule
    Perhaps you are not using it correctly? :nixweiss
    Lol, ahh no its being used correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    Lol, ahh no its being used correctly.

If your not using your RMG anymore maybe you can send it to me to try out. I can`t find it online anywhere except pakshak and they won`t send it overseas..........

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t find it online anywhere except pakshak and they won`t send it overseas..........

what?..... you did not look to hard did ya?

ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze

there are 100`s of others that sell it also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    what?..... you did not look to hard did ya?

ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze

there are 100`s of others that sell it also

Yeah...I saw that one too.

Has any one compared RMMG to 3M Imperial Hand Glaze as far as covering up minor swirls and marring?

Post Thanks / Like
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    what?..... you did not look to hard did ya?\r\n\r\nClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze\r\nthere are 100\`s of others that sell it also
    \r\n\r\nThat\`s where I got mine. Excel Details sells it too, you can buy direct from clearkote.com as well.`

Post Thanks / Like
    If your not using your RMG anymore maybe you can send it to me to try out. I can`t find it online anywhere except pakshak and they won`t send it overseas..........
    Sorry I sold a whole package of supplies today and that was it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...I saw that one too.

Has any one compared RMMG to 3M Imperial Hand Glaze as far as covering up minor swirls and marring?
    I have talked to several people most notably Bob at Danase and he stated that 3m IHG has the most filling ability of anything OTC that he has used. Product X has more but if you can find that you are a better man than me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, damn. I bought RMG for its filling, and I really didnt notice much filling at all. Maybe ill sell it and try for some of that 3m IHG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny318
    Oh, damn. I bought RMG for its filling, and I really didnt notice much filling at all. Maybe ill sell it and try for some of that 3m IHG.

I use it for depth enhancement. Works at least as well as Meguiars #7 and it 100x easier to use. Mixed 50/50 with Vanilla Moose and it will remove light defects or oxidation.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    RMG + a classicly depth-enhancing nuba-based wax such as NB or Max Wax = WOW

Thread Information