Post Thanks / Like
    I have been all over looking for microfiber applicator pads, and the only ones I can find are of the typical variety, like 4-5" in diameter, way too big for what I need.

I am getting sick of applying Opti-Seal to my car with the sponge pads they came with. They grab the paint way too much for my liking and are a PITA in my opinion. I have heard that you can apply the product just the same with a microfiber pad with no problems.

Anyhow, I only need and want a very small pad diameter for the opti-seal application, and I can only seem to find fairly large microfiber applicator pads.

Does anyone know where one might find small microfiber applicator pads for purchase? Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Wal Mart? They have a two pack of small round blue MF apps for like $2.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I did try Wal-Mart, and as it happens, that is exactly what I purchased. That said, I believe they are 4" or 6" pads. Not sure which.

That said, the foam applicator pads that came with the Opti-Seal are the perfect size. Very small, must be like 2"-4". I can find the smaller pads, but they are always foam, never microfiber.

Just curious if small microfiber applicator pads even exist out there???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brig2221
    I have been all over looking for microfiber applicator pads, and the only ones I can find are of the typical variety, like 4-5" in diameter, way too big for what I need.

I am getting sick of applying Opti-Seal to my car with the sponge pads they came with. They grab the paint way too much for my liking and are a PITA in my opinion. I have heard that you can apply the product just the same with a microfiber pad with no problems.

Anyhow, I only need and want a very small pad diameter for the opti-seal application, and I can only seem to find fairly large microfiber applicator pads.

Does anyone know where one might find small microfiber applicator pads for purchase? Thanks!!!

MF app pads will scratch some paint, I would use the 3 inch yellow sponge type or 100%cotton terry

heres a few to check out including the mf pads I use for interiors and dressings

Microfiber Products, Microfiber Wax Applicator - 4 in. x 5 in. - Dozen, Auto Detailing Supplies Car Detailing Product

Sponges & Applicator Pads, Applicator Pad - Round Foam - Sleeve of 6, Auto Detailing Supplies Car Detailing Product

Wholesale Wax Applicator Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    I did try Wal-Mart, and as it happens, that is exactly what I purchased. That said, I believe they are 4" or 6" pads. Not sure which.

That said, the foam applicator pads that came with the Opti-Seal are the perfect size. Very small, must be like 2"-4". I can find the smaller pads, but they are always foam, never microfiber.

Just curious if small microfiber applicator pads even exist out there???

4-5 inch is the smalles round MF pad I have seen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sponges & Applicator Pads, Applicator Pad - Round Foam - Sleeve of 6, Auto Detailing Supplies Car Detailing Product

Those 4" foam pads are exactly what came with the Opti-Seal and are the PERFECT SIZE.

Like I said earlier, it annoys me to no end the grabbing of the foam on the paint when applying Opti-Seal. I have read several posts where people have had great success using microfiber pads to apply Opti-Seal.

Surely there has to be a place to buy 4" applicator pads in either Microfiber or 100% Cotton Terry? For the life of me, I can`t find them. I can only find 6" pads or larger square blocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that helps a bit when using a foam app to apply OS: Dip the pad in a strong solution of ONR, wash it a bit, wring it out well, let it dry. I find that this reduces the "grabbiness". Personally, I dont care for MF when applying OS/CS. Terry or Foam.

Post Thanks / Like

How about this?

Microfiber Wheel Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    why do you want such a small pad anyway...seems like it would take twice as long, and wear out your arm even more...bigger the better in this case IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I wouldn`t want to waste a lot of product. I mean, you are supposed to use one "spritz" of the bottle for a large section, and on a large microfiber pad, that probably wouldn`t work. Besides, I like the idea of a small concentrated area that I know is filled with product if you will, for even coverage and application, not to mention not wasting a lot of product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    One thing that helps a bit when using a foam app to apply OS: Dip the pad in a strong solution of ONR, wash it a bit, wring it out well, let it dry. I find that this reduces the "grabbiness". Personally, I dont care for MF when applying OS/CS. Terry or Foam.

Out of curiousity, why exactly don`t you like using Microfiber when applying OS/CS?

Thread Information