Post Thanks / Like
    I used DG 105 for the first time on my daily driver a few weeks ago. The following weekend, we took our annual trip to the pumpkin patch (lots of gravel roads). Even thought I love the use and looks of DG 105, HOLY COW -- does dust stick to it horribly. I don`t mean it attracts light dust -- which you can hit with the Ca. Duster, dust sticks to it like glue. It doesn`t just hose off either. It requires a good washing. I gave some DG 105 to my father -- to use on his new ride. They drive 1/2 mi of gravel everyday, and have the same problem.

Would topping it with a QD reduce the dust magnetism? Which QD? How about topping with Danase Wet Glaze (claims to repel dust?)? Any other suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your car will attract dust after any LSP or polishing job. The problem is static electricity not the chemicals used in the products. Anytime you are rubbing surfaces like an applicator to the paint you are going to charge the metal with negative charges. This makes your metal essentially a weak magnet. All positive (more positve) charged particles will cling to the metal like a magnet. That`s why any car freshly waxed gets dusty quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t noticed 105 attracting more dust... In fact it attracts less dust then some of my other LSPs (IW, FMJ).

I`ll second the above poster though, especially on the plastic panels...

Finally, It don`t think it really matters what your have on the car, if you drive a 1/2 mile on gravel it`s gonna get dusty...
    ...BlackSheepSquad...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Finish Kare 425 QD to keep dust off. My car is parked outside and will collect dust by the next day after a car wash. FK 425 keeps the dust off for about 3 or 4 days. But it is inevitable that dust will acumulate on a car outside especially driving on gravel roads.

Rob G
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try topping it with AW. RG

Post Thanks / Like
    You will find the problem less evident after its first wash.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    wash then 425

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the same problem on my C6 (being plastic). after i do NXT and/or IW845 i`ll just take a MF and dampin it up then wipe the car down. VOILLA...breaks the static build up! :secret

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the DG marine detailer..it has high anti static properties....better than 425....I park in a truck yard daily and construction going on and my truck is covered daily...when I drive off it just blows off...but as Patrick said after a wash it will be better....MF towels really charge a body up with a charge...just like rubbing a ballon on your head..its full of a static charge....

I use a DFT towel to remove sealants and no real static cling after..its 100% cotton

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your tips. I should have taken pics. This was a dust attraction like none other I have ever seen. I mean, the dust was literally glued onto the paint. I`ve experienced light dust attraction with Megs #26, but nothing that a light sweep of the Ca Duster can take care of. The DG 105 dust experience was way beyond a Ca Duster.

Does Carquest carry the DG Marine products? I have been interested in trying a few.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreit01
    Thanks for your tips. I should have taken pics. This was a dust attraction like none other I have ever seen. I mean, the dust was literally glued onto the paint. I`ve experienced light dust attraction with Megs #26, but nothing that a light sweep of the Ca Duster can take care of. The DG 105 dust experience was way beyond a Ca Duster.

Does Carquest carry the DG Marine products? I have been interested in trying a few.

They can order it if they do not have it in stock and comes in next day at Carqueat....or you can get straight from DG for 4.95 shipping for the whole order....shipping is 4.95 for the whole order..
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Thread Information