Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE detailing my car. I absolutely HATE cleaning my wheels! The combination for Ferodo 2500 pads and the momentum force of the Evo require me to clean my wheels atleast 1.5 times a week. Here`s a pic of the wheel in question.

Anybody have a good brush suggestion for my babies? I`m going to get arthritis before I turn 30!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ez brush. Or if you like me. Use 6 brush to clean the wheel.
    Just trying to keep my family`s cars clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers wheel brush works well, especially on skinny spokes like those. Its also $6 from AG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine don`t have as many spokes but a sash brush makes easy work of slots, calipers and corners. Use a layer or two of duct tape on the metal ferrule and you`re ready to clean away.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just use a wash mit and soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Evo with those exact same SE (or MR?) wheels and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the rear brakes (fronts running Endless CC-RG ... they dust even more than the Ferodo).

I wash it with a sponge and car wash for normal maintenance washes. The sponge is rather big to fit between the spokes though and it takes me forever to do the wheels.

I am thinking of trying a microfiber towel wrapped around my fingers or some others have mentioned using the foam wedges they use for painting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danforz
    Mothers wheel brush works well, especially on skinny spokes like those. Its also $6 from AG

I agree. The Mothers wheel brush, a good wash mitt, and the EZ brush will cover just about any situation. If you keep the wheels protected and cleaned, a good Boar`s hair brush is very gentle on the wheel and the protective coating you are applying to them.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z K
    I have an Evo with those exact same SE (or MR?) wheels and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the rear brakes (fronts running Endless CC-RG ... they dust even more than the Ferodo).

I wash it with a sponge and car wash for normal maintenance washes. The sponge is rather big to fit between the spokes though and it takes me forever to do the wheels.

I am thinking of trying a microfiber towel wrapped around my fingers or some others have mentioned using the foam wedges they use for painting...
    This is what I do regularly. Using a foam silicone free sponge just raped my fingers. Using a once-folded mf works great but I feel like I`m really soiling the mf way too much with brake dust. I just ordered the Mother Wheel brush and will give it a shot! Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have similar, multi-spoke rims that I get tired of cleaning (Volk LE28N) too. A cheap product that works well for my wheels are these microfiber wheel detailer. It`s basically a triangle shaped micrifober with a pocket to slip your fingers into. One side has microfiber, the other has a mesh. You can find them at any Walmart for under $3. Topoftheline sells it too if you want to see what it looks like:

Microfiber Wheel Detailer

I`ve also used Meg`s spoke wheel brush, but they haven`t seem to last for some reason. I recently bought the OXO Spoke Wheel brush, but I`ve yet to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Megs wheel brush on my Volk SF Winnings. It`s ok. When I dry with mf I can get whatever the brush missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    for wheels like that i use a combo of both (also a small sponge)...

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I have the same exact tools and while the wheel brush gets all the face grime off, it can`t get the hard to reach areas. The second just doesnt have the substance to get the job done either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BBS01
    ^ I have the same exact tools and while the wheel brush gets all the face grime off, it can`t get the hard to reach areas. The second just doesnt have the substance to get the job done either.

that`s why i use a small sponge to follow up whatever the formentioned brush`s can`t get at...

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems no matter how clean I `think` I get my wheels, whenever I dry them it always seems there`s more dirt/grime than I had originally thought.

I use the Meg`s wheel face brush also, but for multi-spoke wheels they`re not my favorite to use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information