Post Thanks / Like
    hey, on white cars, new paint............. i love to seal them with optimum poli-seal then top with nattys carnuba.

if i were to use meguires nxt synthetic tech wax, would the results be good if i topped it with a carnuba? since nxt is synthetic wouldnt that be considered a sealent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes NXT is a sealant, you can top it with a nuaba

Post Thanks / Like
    alot of people top nxt or #21 with #26...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember that NXT has cleaners in it, so if you apply it on top of something else, chances are, it will remove the previous layer.

I`m only saying this because you mentioned OPS, and I`m not sure if you already applied a layer of that to your car or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    so nxt would b a first stage .

do you guys like nxt?

what do u think is better

nxt toped with nattys paste wax carnuba

poliseal topped with nattys paste wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    nxt should be first. It`s a good product. I have both the liquid and paste, and prefer the paste because it lasts longer. Topping it with natty`s would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with Poli-Seal...I think I have stained trim on my new car from NXT and I haven`t used NXT since I had my old car....

...but seriously folks...I don`t know if Poli-Seal stains, but if you have one of those cars that has thin rubber trim around all the window moldings and door moldings and handles and every darn place on the car....NXT will turn them all white for you, and keep them that way for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping this..

I`ve been thinking about getting NXT 2 since I have heard good things about it.. and I kind of like the fact that it has some fillers.

I polish with my PC, but with my wifes honda, swirls are going to come back sooner than later (even though it is white, which helps, I still see the swirls!)

So the NXT would help hide it, but I would like to use Liquid Souveran on top of it. I`ve read that LS is great on light color cars (wifes white Honda and my silver BMW), but I have yet to use it (ordered today!)

I also have Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, however, I do not think I will use that in the mix with the other two.

Just curious if it would be worth my while to pick up some NXT2 as well, or if I should just find a quality glaze to use prior to the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s #7 is a good glaze. NXT 2.0 is a good wax, and alot of people top it with #26 can`t go wrong either way imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use NXT almost exclusively. I don`t mess with topping it. It looks darn good on white as is.

Tom
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem with topping a sealant with a wax is "what happens when you need to repeat the sealant application?" You can`t top a wax with a sealant unless you plan to use an AIO of clean the car to remove the wax. Fortunately, most waxes do not usually last nearly as long as most sealants.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ well, in that case I would start with Klass AIO, then sealant, then the wax.

The only problem is Liquid Souveran isnt exactly cheap, so I really do not want to reapply it often...

If I absolutely fall in love with the look of the Souveran, then maybe I`ll justify applying more often and repurchasing again. Otherwise I may want to find a cheaper alternative.

Maybe I`ll enjoy the looks of the NXT enough to just keep using that.

I doubt it would ever be good to use two sealants, right? (In my case, Wolfgang DGPS3 and NXT)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfeet
    I doubt it would ever be good to use two sealants, right? (In my case, Wolfgang DGPS3 and NXT)
    I`d just do 2 coats of the wolfgang. Pity about the 12hr curing time though.

I don`t know if you can top the NXT straight away? If you can, you save 12hrs!
    `09 Honda Accord Euro

`07 Toyota Prado VX TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
    I don`t know if you can top the NXT straight away? If you can, you save 12hrs!

Meguiar`s recommends an optimal cure time of 12 hours before applying a second coat; but given time constraints many detailers, including Mike Phillips, will wait only 30 minutes or so.

Thread Information