Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys, I typically get a lot of college students for clients. Their cars haven`t seen a car wash for months, so they have a level of film and grime on them. To speed up the process, I`ve considered pre-treating the vehicles with Simple Green MAX on the really nasty parts, prior to a wash. But, I`d also like to use a stronger car wash as well. Whats the most aggressive car wash you guys know of?

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z-7 has quite a bit of "bite" to it. You might also look at P21S auto wash.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    CG Citrus wash and gloss might be something to look at. Especially since you can get it by the gallon.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    CG Citrus wash and gloss might be something to look at. Especially since you can get it by the gallon.

+1 on the Citrus Wash from Chemical Guys
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    You might also look at P21S auto wash.

Yeah, that`s a good suggestion, but it`s $$$. I think the CG citri-wash would make more sense.

FWIW, you can brew your own concoctions and foam it, let it dwell with the Gilmour II which has variable soap output. That way you could stick with your go-to shampoo and apply it in a much stronger dosage when desired. You could dial it back down to "A" or "B" for a more traditional washing strength.

HTH

A multi-talented tool:

Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Yeah, that`s a good suggestion, but it`s $$$. I think the CG citri-wash would make more sense.

FWIW, you can brew your own concoctions and foam it, let it dwell with the Gilmour II which has variable soap output. That way you could stick with your go-to shampoo and apply it in a much stronger dosage when desired. You could dial it back down to "A" or "B" for a more traditional washing strength.

HTH

A multi-talented tool:

Not a bad idea, however after spending so much on detailing supplies I`m always cautious about out of pocket expenses. The gilmore will come, at some point...

Post Thanks / Like
    Was considering the CG wash... what about the simple green wash? Anyone know anything about that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not use Dawn dishwashing soap on the difficult parts. I assume you are going to do some sort of polish/LSP after the wash. I know Dawn isn`t easy on the finish but it would probably do the bad areas.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Why not use Dawn dishwashing soap on the difficult parts. I assume you are going to do some sort of polish/LSP after the wash. I know Dawn isn`t easy on the finish but it would probably do the bad areas.

Hmm, not a bad idea. Only thing is I`d end up doing the entire car with dawn. Saving time is a big priority so I`m unlikely to use two separate car wash solutions.

I`ve heard dawn used as a paint cleanser wash... Anyone else think this would fit my need?

Sounds like a cost effective solution...

Post Thanks / Like
    On very bad vehicles i mix simple green 50/50 with water in my foam gun.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I know that Optimums Car Wash concentrate was strong enough to strip off all the dressing and dry out the trim on a truck I did recently. It was in rough shape so I went almost completely undilluted in the foam gun and after a 2 mintute dwell it stripped damn near everything off.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

How about a non caustic TFR and good use of a pressure washer, maybe a foam lance too!!

Failing that PBs Bugsquash makes up good pre wash and you can add it to your wash bucket too!! I use a 5g bucket with 4OZ of shampoo (DG CWC) and 1OZ of PBs Bugsquash.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan06SS
    All I know that Optimums Car Wash concentrate was strong enough to strip off all the dressing and dry out the trim on a truck I did recently. It was in rough shape so I went almost completely undilluted in the foam gun and after a 2 mintute dwell it stripped damn near everything off.

Well thats odd, ive done the same on many vehicles and it had never done that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a gallon of CG Citrus wash and gloss for this purpose... I plan on putting a mix of 2-3oz/gal in a pressure sprayer for presoaking nasty spots. And probably 1oz/gal in the wash bucket for dirty cars.. They recommend 1/4-1/2oz gal for a normal wash, so i figure it should do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think CG`s Citrus Wash n` Gloss is any better than other soaps when used at the recommended 1/2 oz to 1 gallon dilution for regular wash, but as a paintwork cleanser used at 2 oz/gal I have found it to be pretty effective.

I posted the video of the beading/sheeting of Optiseal and all that was done for prep on that car was CG`s Citrus Wash and Gloss. No polishing, no claying in more than a year, nothing except a wash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information